Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFA Euro 2020 Football Championship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>
Poll Question: Which team do you support?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
2 [6.25%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
2 [6.25%]
7 [21.88%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
2 [6.25%]
1 [3.13%]
2 [6.25%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
4 [12.50%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.13%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [3.13%]
1 [3.13%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2021 at 18:37
No, you can move laterally just not forward
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2021 at 21:13
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

No, you can move laterally just not forward
Yes, that is right, as long as its along the goal line. I was so upset I forgot Embarrassed 
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2021 at 00:53
Italy are my favorites to win the tournament, and their performance last night didn´t make that any less likely. A shame with Spinazolla´s injury though Cry Such an awesome player.

It would suit the Italians though to stop with all the pathetic acting (rolling around, looking like they are fatality injured, when they are not...etc.). I can understand dragging time, but the acting part AngryThumbs Down.
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2021 at 03:37
The Spanish "offenders" are so gawky... They can't even offend. Lol. 

Both the Italian scores were excellent yesterday. Narrow angles and splendid goalcrafts.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2021 at 10:10
Hi,

I think we're in for some good games. 

I'm not sure that England can get past Italy or Spain ... they have to score, and I think that they are afraid of allowing Kane more freedom, and utilize his ability to pass and score. I'm not sure what England has to do to get better, but not scoring or simply winning 1-0, or the like, I think is going to hurt in the long run. My guess is that all of the winning teams will be scoring at least 2 goals to make it further up the lather. I'm not sure that England can break apart a team convincingly in order to advance.

And as we saw yesterday, getting to penalties is a crap shoot and it was sad to see a team lose because 3 penalties were (either) saved or missed. They had their chances also, but were not able to take advantage of Spain's miss! 

My guess, is similar to Howard's ... tired legs and not beings able to make them do what you hoped for.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2021 at 15:11
Very impressive by England, dominant performance. Denmark played very well.
Ian

UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2021 at 15:27
What a treat for the Danish fans. Now that was a well fought game. Mæhle´s assist to Dolberg was amazing. England will be a big mouthful on Wembley. Especially because of the Corona pandemic travel restrictions, which will mean that there will be next to no Danish fans on Wembley and close to 60.000 English fans. Hopefully we´ll be able to put on a good performance and if we lose, die with our boots on.
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2021 at 15:37
That Danish second goal was one of the most beautiful in the tournament
Ian

Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2021 at 16:03
That was quite something from England. Happy to see Denmark in the semifinals. I think they concede too easily, in England is hard to beat in the defence, so I see England in the final, against Italy.
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2021 at 16:40
The CZ-Denmark game was not the most well-played of the tournament, but I always knew it would be tough. Some very good goals though.

England-Ukraine was a downright thrashing where the Ukrainians could do nothing against a technically much stronger team. I admit I had rather seen us up against Ukraine on Wednesday, but obviously it was always wishful thinking.

Hope there will be some Danish supporters at Wembley at least.
Cactus Choir View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cactus Choir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2021 at 17:36
I've long been convinced I would never live to see England win a major tournament but am now starting to think they just might do it after the way they hammered the Ukraine. Denmark will be tough but England will have an overwhelmingly home crowd behind them at Wembley. I just hope they don't boo the visitor's national anthem like against Germany. It's rude and disrespectful, and it's also dumb as it will make the opponent annoyed and try even more to beat you.
"And now...on the drums...Mick Underwooooooooood!!!"

"He's up the pub"
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2021 at 18:42
Originally posted by Cactus Choir Cactus Choir wrote:

England ...

Hi,

Looked like they let the dogs out ... goodness, that team looked good!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2021 at 21:15
As a Scotsman it pains me to say it, but England just blew Ukraine away 2nd half. A very impressive 45 minutes which proves they don't rely on just Grealish and Sterling for creativity. Denmark are not even in the same class bracket so the only question remains is can they sustain that level for 90 minutes against Italy or Spain?
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2021 at 03:46
It's also true you only play as good as your opponents allow you to. Ukraine didn't have the compactness in defence to hold off England, and I guess neither will Denmark (in fact the Germans, for all the flaws of their approach, managed to do this for quite some time), but Italy can absolutely do that I think => rank 2 for England.

Edited by Lewian - July 04 2021 at 03:47
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2021 at 08:18
I've missed two games yet. The first was Netherlands vs. Ukraine. It was a fantastic game, as I heard. The second was England vs. Ukraine yesterday. I've got nothing against the Ukranians. (Woon Deadn, reading this?) This was a coincidence. Hahah.

Anyway... My favourite foreign football team is Italy, as I said before. But how about the Danes being victorious? That would even be cooler for me! I hope Spain will be beaten by Italy... 
The Anders View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Anders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2021 at 13:39
^ I think Italy beating Spain is a very likely scenario. Spain have made quite a few mistakes lately.
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2021 at 13:47
Italy have looked the best team so far, only question is are they due a bad game.
Ian

ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2021 at 21:03
^ fair comment but I thought that might have been their narrow squeak v Austria in the Round of 16?
Lewian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2021 at 03:05
Football doesn't quite work like that. What they will show against Spain doesn't depend on whether the Austria game has already ticked the bad game box.
I just think that Spain this year is too limited. At the level of winning such a tournament, you can't give away a 3-1 lead as easily as they did against Croatia, and going to penalties against Switzerland based on a very lucky goal and a ridiculous red card for the opponents is far from impressive. (And they have ticked their good game box already, so...Cool)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowyzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2021 at 08:23
Why will the semi-final matches begin at the same time? Would the result of one game affect the other in any unfair way?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>