FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 140141142143144 434>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2019 at 12:27
So how many of y'all are in the Yang gang? He's running as a Democrat but he seems like a guy I might unironically vote for over both McAfee and Trump if I were an American.
Eddy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2019 at 12:34
Im in the Yang Gang! WE LIVE!
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2019 at 17:56
and on our side of the pond... not as serious as jumping off of a cliff.. but god almighty is this entertaining.

well said babe...  'Repubican Senators are proposing new legislation to allow this President to violate the Constitution .. just this once...  in order to give themselves cover from a hard vote'

that in a nutshell is the problem with that party... no backbone.. no principal outside of partisan politics...

thanks to Pelosi.. and yeah. with a primary assist to Trump himself.. the Republicans will no choice to vote on the record on this one.  Having already failed to weasel out of it by trying to ammend the declaration to water it down.

and I see McSally came out against the declaration...  that sinks her in 2020.. and she knows it but was f**ked either way...  lose the swing moderates or piss off the bigots, racists and nativists. That is why, and she isn't alone, why she sat on the decision hoping she'd never have to make it.

touche Nancy... well played..  playback is hell Mitch....and it is likely going to cost you the Senate in 2020.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2019 at 18:54
And now Beto is officially in the race ...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2019 at 19:01
not really a surprise... but he will be interesting to watch.  He could be 2008 Obamaeque as a fresh exciting face.. or a complete dud.  I don't know if he has what it takes..unlike 2008 it isn't a two horse race but many in play here... but as regards Beto himself... perhaps he does have what it takes... I'll fully admit to being dead wrong about Obama in 2008 where I supported HRC as much for dat ass.. umm hmmm...

but as much as I thought Obama just wasn't seasoned or experienced enough. Beto has even less...  I think there is too much hard core and seasoned oppo for him to get to the top.  He would have been better off taking the Texas Senate seat in 2020 (a much greater chance of that than winning the nomination/Presidency) and building a legislative record rather than living the high life of being the polpop culture flavor of the month that he is at the moment.

the fact he is running when the smart political move is to wait and not risk being a two time loser and probably ending his national politcal experiation date... is worrying in self...  I see this being about ego...  and love of the fame as it were.  What does he really stand for...   himself I have a strong suspicion.. and god knows we have had enough of that over the last couple of years.   

Edited by micky - March 13 2019 at 19:07
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2019 at 20:01
^ Yeah, a lot about himself it would seem ..., kind of reminds me of Bill Clinton in that respect. Way back when, I hated to see Bill get the nomination from the far more worthy Jerry Brown, but I digress.
One thing about Beto, apparently he knows how to get people motivated, so we will see...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2019 at 17:18
poor Beto...  didn't take long for him to learn running a national campaign is much different than a local or even state seat.. guess he didn't get the memo that in addition to having every aspect of your life under a microscope that more importantly the Democratic party is being taken over.. not by minorities... but women. You may or may not have to be one to win in 2020.. but you damn sure can't appear to even be the slightest bit mysogistic. Especially with you know who parked in the White House.

Less than a week to go from polpop culture phenom to dud?..  that even smokes Howard Dean 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2019 at 18:24
No big surprise there, kind of figured Beto was in over his head on this one.
Poor Howard Dean, I never understood the outrage over the supposed speech gaffe. You can watch it on youtube, its no big deal. It would seem some people in the media wanted him out of the way.

Edited by Easy Money - March 16 2019 at 18:26
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 15:33
yeah...  that one was not hard to see coming. Beto got caught in the ego, self inflation and lost sight he was completely over his head and running into some very serious headwinds. It was one thing running against a truly dispiced piece of sh*t that no one outside of his own wife and mother likes.. quite another to not just run a national compaign.. but running against Democrats first before he could even get to Trump.

yeah that Dean moment was priceless.. and quite the telling statement of how times and our politics have changed. When respectability and the seriousness of being President still meant something.. enough to ruin him politially. Compared the Trump quasi reality series that has been his whole political existance..   it is nothing. But it was back in the day.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 16:16
I wonder who outed Beto's high school poem written under a pseudonym. Someone he knew back then had to have a hand in this, someone who doesn't like him, ha.
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2019 at 17:00
Hm.. I thought the cow poem was good. Well, anyway, time too go listen to Adrian Belew. I've got Sexy Rhino in my head. I can't get it out.
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 06:03
^I thought that poem was good too. Gave me a good laugh. It kind of reminds me of some of the weird sh*t I wrote back in the day.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2019 at 16:16
can't say iIve read it .. I"m funny about my poetry..  if it isn't intended to inspire me to do the horizontal bop with a blond, brunette and a crazy satanic redhead.. then well I have little use for it. And I'm sure Beto is a nice enough guy.. but aiin't got Hillary's ass..  nor the implied S&M threats/fantasies she inspires.

anyhow.. back to our national punchline...   this weekends twitter storm really brought back just why I hate the motherf**ker and hope he chocks to death on a BigMac (well not until he leaves office.. or ends up in jail)

that line about McCain...   even after these years.. I am still amazed that Americans not just let that comment by Capt. bonespurs slide about loving those that don't surrender but that we actually elected the motherf**ker.  I can understand the fundies supporting someone who probably get more enjoyment being spanking by a transvestite on the ass repeated with a bible than actually read it..  but to understand why the military at large didn't stand up and collectively shame and disavow him.  it boggles the mind..  it still does today and the years haven't helped understand the 2016 election one damn bit... 
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2019 at 12:18
That sums it up nicely...but the people who support him have their heads so far up their a**es they'll never see daylight again.

;)
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2019 at 15:56
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

can't say iIve read it .. I"m funny about my poetry..  if it isn't intended to inspire me to do the horizontal bop with a blond, brunette and a crazy satanic redhead.. then well I have little use for it. And I'm sure Beto is a nice enough guy.. but aiin't got Hillary's ass..  nor the implied S&M threats/fantasies she inspires.

LOL
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2019 at 21:26

it boggles the mind..  

well yes, it's been incredibly obvious how out of touch liberals are with most people LOL
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2019 at 04:15
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

it boggles the mind..  

well yes, it's been incredibly obvious how out of touch liberals are with most people LOL
Time to break my silence. We liberals are quite in touch with conservative middle American thought processes such as closet bigotry, white supremacy and all the rest of the good stuff that responds to Trump's dog whistles. We just don't subscribe to this warped way of thinking and are doing what we can to combat it. I hope that is obvious. 

Edit: I shall now return to limbo until the next need to spout off some steam.

Edited by SteveG - March 20 2019 at 04:29
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2019 at 06:26

it boggles the mind..  

I'm sure you'll change your mind when you run out of toilet paper. LOL
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2019 at 06:58
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

it boggles the mind..  

Time to break my silence. We liberals are quite in touch with conservative middle American thought processes such as closet bigotry, white supremacy and all the rest of the good stuff that responds to Trump's dog whistles. We just don't subscribe to this warped way of thinking and are doing what we can to combat it. I hope that is obvious. 

Edit: I shall now return to limbo until the next need to spout off some steam.

Thank you, Steve, and good to read your post here.  I know you are not forgotten in these parts.  
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2019 at 07:04
^ Yeah, Steve,  good to hear from you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 140141142143144 434>