FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 434>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 13:36
^ Have you added any artists or albums to this site or any of the other sites associated with this site?

Edited by Easy Money - October 18 2019 at 13:36
Help the victims of the russian invasion:
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 13:49
I have over 600 contribution points after little more than ONE MONTH here and you have over 6,000 contribution points after being here over TWELVE YEARS, so I think the figures speak for themselves. Wink 
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 13:53
^ You're really a piece of trash aren't you, you ignorant, misinformed, childish moron.   Get the hell off this site before someone kicks you in the teeth.

Edited by Atavachron - October 18 2019 at 13:54
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 13:59
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 14:03
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

I have over 600 contribution points after little more than ONE MONTH here and you have over 6,000 contribution points after being here over TWELVE YEARS, so I think the figures speak for themselves. Wink 
That means you post a lot. I was referring to real work such as adding albums or artists. Have you done anything like that?
Counting this site and the associated jazz site, I've added thousands of both albums and artists.
http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28523&PID=130446&title=various-ways-you-can-help-ukraine#130446
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2019 at 14:21
I'm temporarily closing this topic since things have become rather heated.

Please always keep in mind the forum rules when posting: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13083

Thank you. And unlocked, please try to be respectful of your fellow posters, and avoid derogatory language regarding ideological differences. Civility, and substance over rhetoric.

Edited by Logan - October 18 2019 at 22:17
Just a music fan passing through trying to fill some void. Various music I am into now: a youtube playlist
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 09:04
Bill Fay prophesying a future politician. Hmm. Who could it be?

Edited by SteveG - October 19 2019 at 09:05
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 09:34
The Italian president has visited the Whir House. Trump said that "Italy and USA have been friends since the age of the Roman Empire"...
About 1000 years before Columbus

What an idiot...
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 09:41
my favorite was the Kurds and Normandy LOL...  

as I've said many at time man..  oh the books that will be written of this period in our history... and the utter mind f**kery that future civics students.. too young to have lived through all this will feel.

much as we have been saying.. what.. oh what were they, Trump voter, thinking... in what parallel universe did you pop into when you thought it was a good idea to vote for shady, corrupt, entitled, and mentally and intelletually challenged individual to be your President.

as I've said man.. still after 3 years.. it still boggles the mind...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 09:44
Originally posted by octopus-4 octopus-4 wrote:

The Italian president has visited the Whir House. Trump said that "Italy and USA have been friends since the age of the Roman Empire"...
About 1000 years before Columbus

What an idiot...

As much as I loathe the Orange One, that's not what he said. He referred to the US and Italy's shared cultural heritage, not to their friendship or alliance. According to the Snopes website, there is extensive video footage of the press conference - during which Trump made much more serious (and false) claims regarding the situation in Syria and the Ukraine affair: http://https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/16/politics/fact-check-trump-12-false-claims-italian-president/index.html

In my humble opinion, it's not a good idea to fight lies with other lies.
sukmytoe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 09:45
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Please always keep in mind the forum rules when posting: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13083

Thank you. And unlocked, please try to be respectful of your fellow posters, and avoid derogatory language regarding ideological differences. Civility, and substance over rhetoric.
@Easy Money - What part of he's been here for a month is hard to digest? He's hardly had a chance to feel his way around let alone do very much. I also feel that the attack on him by a senior member here was quite sick but let's leave it at that.

Edited by sukmytoe - October 19 2019 at 09:49
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 09:53
I was merely pointing out that he doesn't do any work for the site, which he doesn't. How is that 'sick'.
Talk about easily offended.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 09:56
By the way, I remember your avatar, you're Slaver Dave from South Africa, we haven't forgotten you.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 10:38
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

That means you post a lot. I was referring to real work such as adding albums or artists. Have you done anything like that?
Counting this site and the associated jazz site, I've added thousands of both albums and artists.
There's too many already, please stop. Stern Smile
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 10:39
Also, is this the official pro-Trump thread now that the other ones were unjustly shut down?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 11:01
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

There's too many already, please stop. Stern Smile

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 11:54
Originally posted by sukmytoe sukmytoe wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

@Easy Money - What part of he's been here for a month is hard to digest? He's hardly had a chance to feel his way around let alone do very much. I also feel that the attack on him by a senior member here was quite sick but let's leave it at that.
Thanks for your support. Thumbs Up As you say, it's still early days yet as I'm still feeling my way around this wonderfully vast archive of great music, past and present. To be honest though, I'm unlikely to be adding any new artists to ProgArchives because I'm mainly interested in the late 1960's Psychedelic Rock era and the early 1970's Progressive Rock era, which is really my speciality, having worked on a music site as chief editor for three years. I WILL be writing album reviews though, time permitting, and I've already written a couple of reviews for Arzachel  (1969) and Bachdenkel's "Lemmings" album (1970) with a review of the sole Circus album from 1969 soon to follow. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - October 19 2019 at 12:03
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 11:59
I'm glad this has been remedied but would you believe me if I told you that until today I had no idea it was even possible to block someone from posting in a single thread on PA to silence their opinion on the topic thereof? Shocked
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 12:04
Marine General Jim Mattis, former Supreme Allied Commander and Secretary of Defense (under Trump):

“I earned my spurs on the battlefield. Donald Trump earned his spurs in a letter from a doctor.” 

In regards to Syria, Mattis stated, “It’s in a situation of disarray right now. Obviously, the Kurds are adapting to the Turkish attacks. And we’ll have to see if they’re able to maintain the fight against Isis. It’s going to have an impact. The question is, how much?”

Asked if the US would regret Trump’s decision, Mattis said: “We have got to keep the pressure on Isis so they don’t recover... And in this case, if we don’t keep the pressure on, then Isis will resurge. It’s absolutely a given that they will come back.”

Army four-star General Colin Powell, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Secretary of State:

“The Republican Party has got to get a grip on itself. Right now, Republican leaders and members of the Congress in both the Senate and the House are holding back because they’re terrified of what will happen to any one of them if they speak out. Will they lose a primary? I don’t know why that’s such a disaster, but will they lose a primary?

They need to get a grip, and when they see things that are not right they need to say something about it. Because our foreign policy is in shambles right now in my humble judgment, and I see things happening that are hard to understand.”

Army four-star General Barry McCaffrey, Field Commander in Desert Storm and United State Southern Command:

The former four-star general and battlefield commander in the Gulf, Barry McCaffrey, said the Syrian withdrawal was “inexplicable”.

“Mr Trump seems to have single-handedly and unilaterally precipitated a national security crisis in the Middle East,” he said, adding that the president had put the armed forces in a “very tricky situation”.

Army Lieutenant General H.R. McMaster, National Security Advisor (under Trump):

“Our forces there served as a useful means of preventing what we see now, which is a Turkish-Kurdish civil war that has profound political as well as humanitarian consequences,” McMaster said. “What we have in the Middle East right now is the potential for four simultaneous crises.”

He was asked if it would ever be acceptable for a president to seek aid from a foreign government, McMaster responded: “Of course no. Absolutely not. What has to happen here is seeing our democracy play out, the separation of powers play out, and for the American people through the representatives in Congress to make a judgment as to whether that happened.”

Navy Admiral James Stavridis, former Supreme Allied Commander Europe: 

"This is heart-rending for anybody who has shed blood, who has deployed forward. I'm getting so many inputs from all around the military ... they know how this hurts at a very personal level." 

"It's not only the betrayal of the Kurds, it is the way it is going to allow those embers on the floor of the forest fire that we thought were out to kind of re-flash...Pulling them out will absolutely allow the reforming of that mass of Islamic State fighters."

Navy Admiral William McRaven, U.S. Special Operations Command, SEAL Team-Leader, Leader Operation Neptune Spear (special ops raid that led to the death of Osama bin Laden): 

Trump “embarrassed us in the eyes of our children, humiliated us on the world stage and, worst of all, divided us as a nation.”

“As I stood on the parade field at Fort Bragg, one retired four-star general, grabbed my arm, shook me and shouted, ‘I don’t like the Democrats, but Trump is destroying the Republic!’”

“If this president doesn’t demonstrate the leadership that America needs, both domestically and abroad, then it is time for a new person in the Oval Office — Republican, Democrat or independent — the sooner, the better. The fate of our Republic depends upon it.”

Decorated veterans, some Republican (Mattis and McMaster selected for major roles by Trump himself, or, in the case of Colin Powell, by G. Bush) and some Democrat, all Army, Marine or Navy commanders with direct and in-the-field knowledge of the Middle East, all condemning Trump with a singularity and concern that is uncommon among former field commanders. All questioning Trump's incompetence, and a few wondering exactly where Trump's loyalty lies.

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
sukmytoe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2019 at 12:19

By the way, I remember your avatar, you're Slaver Dave from South Africa, we haven't forgotten you.
Like they say - legends live on in the minds of others Tongue. And sick wasn't in reference to you at all - that was in reference to your Mate who feels that some people should have their teeth kicked out. I kind of know music and all is a volatile subject but Holy Moly.

Edited by sukmytoe - October 19 2019 at 12:23
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 434>