Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 282>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarbouringTheSoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2012 at 04:02
The fact that after reading the review I still don't know the name of the artist or the album should tell you something.
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2012 at 05:05
With this reviewers reviews he lacks creativity in describing what he perceives as garbage. If he was more constructive it would have more credence and there would be more respect for his asinine opinions.
zravkapt View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zravkapt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2012 at 13:02
Ummm...what about this one? http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=809339 (not hyperlinking for some reason)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band" Yuck!!!... Overrated!!!

I wrote this review angry!

I heard this album twice, and let me tell you; it was a very horrible experience... But I don`t consider it a forgettable experience, no, No one can forget so easily an abomination like this.

If you try listening to this album for the first time let me tell you that you will find nothing but unbearable cacophony with the disastrous voice of Don Van Vliet. So I do not understand how can people give it more than one star, nothing is memorable... On top of that, Rolling Stone magazine listed "Trout Mask Replica" on their 500 greatest albums of all time! ...Sadomasochistic!.

One think I know it`s that Don Van Vliet has been a great source of inspiration to Tom waits. But there are a big difference between them; Tom waits makes music, Don Van Vliet makes unbeareable and incoherent cacophony, everything is on this album.

This is the kind of album that reveals those who overestimate music... Yeah. I catch you all!

(R. I. P. Don Van Vliet)

1 Star and nothing more to say (0.25 really)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They do not describe the music at all other than saying they don't like it. If they really don't like it at least explain a little why not. Just say it's not your cup of tea and give it 2 stars and be done with it. A 1 star rating basically says that the album is not only garbage, but no one should listen to it.
Magma America Great Make Again
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2012 at 14:39
I think someone tried listening outside of his genre boundaries. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2012 at 17:43
Originally posted by Ivan_Melgar_M Ivan_Melgar_M wrote:

So calling what others like GARBAGE is OK?

Not the first one by this guy:

Quote 1 stars Crikey! what's the big deal with this album? It just sounds like an instrumental version of Marillion' circa '84. The fact that there's literally no vocals doesn't help matters at all. It just falls flat on its face like a dog with three legs.

About Hybris
< id="WebWizRTE" ="http://www.progarchives.com/forum/RTE_.asp?mode=quote&POID=4602871&ID=487" style="border: #A5ACB2 1px solid" ="initialiseWebWizRTE;" ="20" height="300" width="650">
Did he ever heard the album? As far as I know Hybris has vocals

Agreed, this falls foul of the review guidelines so has been deleted accordingly

Quote About Amon Duul "Collapsing

Life's too short to lisen to this rubbish

(It can't be slander if it's true folks) Agree with every word about this grievously irritating hippy cosmiche w.a.n.k band but yes, such could be expressed in more acceptable terms. Has anyone considered the author just might (whisper it) consider the artist is being dumb and inconsiderate here?Shocked Warning issued by PM
About Young Americans by Bowie

I'd rather listen to 'Tin Machine' than this garbage

Once again, he's bang on the money but hasn't expressed himself acceptably. Warning issued by PM

Reviews guidelines

4 - Write in an intelligent and considerate manner. Rude or insulting language (including blatant vulgarity) will not be tolerated! 

I don't know, but this is more than rude IMHO

Iván
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2012 at 17:48
Originally posted by zravkapt zravkapt wrote:

Ummm...what about this one? http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=809339 (not hyperlinking for some reason)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard this album twice, and let me tell you; it was a very horrible experience... But I don`t consider it a forgettable experience, no, No one can forget so easily an abomination like this.

If you try listening to this album for the first time let me tell you that you will find nothing but unbearable cacophony with the disastrous voice of Don Van Vliet. So I do not understand how can people give it more than one star, nothing is memorable... On top of that, Rolling Stone magazine listed "Trout Mask Replica" on their 500 greatest albums of all time! ...Sadomasochistic!.

One think I know it`s that Don Van Vliet has been a great source of inspiration to Tom waits. But there are a big difference between them; Tom waits makes music, Don Van Vliet makes unbeareable and incoherent cacophony, everything is on this album.

This is the kind of album that reveals those who overestimate music... Yeah. I catch you all!

(R. I. P. Don Van Vliet)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They do not describe the music at all other than saying they don't like it. If they really don't like it at least explain a little why not. Just say it's not your cup of tea and give it 2 stars and be done with it. A 1 star rating basically says that the album is not only garbage, but no one should listen to it.

A man after my own heart. He's dead right about the Captain being a talentless hippy oink that trendies have been name dropping since the NME told them he was terminally seminal and hugely influential but you are right this is couched in rude and disrespectful prose that contravenes the review guidelines. Review deleted.
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2012 at 21:44
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=810350

Review on Big Big Train's English Electric album due to be released Sept. 3rd.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2012 at 23:57
Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Review on Big Big Train's English Electric album due to be released Sept. 3rd.

I've deleted the review and sent him a copy so he can edit same to indicate where he obtained his version from.
The 'rating only' review is also nuked. This is really just an exercise in futility as there will probably be many more reviews submitted prior to the official release date, hey ho.....Confused
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2012 at 00:30
I understand the overlooking of ratings but reviews should really be tried to be eliminated due to spoilers Tongue

Thanks for the quick action btw.

Edited by Horizons - August 26 2012 at 00:30
Ambient Hurricanes View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ambient Hurricanes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2012 at 14:55
Originally posted by zravkapt zravkapt wrote:

(R. I. P. Don Van Vliet)

He posted it again.
I love dogs, I've always loved dogs
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horizons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2012 at 15:02
Him and the English Electric reviewer.  http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=810452

Edited by Horizons - August 26 2012 at 21:54
HarbouringTheSoul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarbouringTheSoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2012 at 15:30
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

He's dead right about the Captain being a talentless hippy oink that trendies have been name dropping since the NME told them he was terminally seminal and hugely influential but you are right this is couched in rude and disrespectful prose that contravenes the review guidelines.

I hope the hypocrisy of that sentence is not lost on you.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2012 at 15:41
^ we're not here to debate the merits or otherwise of particular artists, this is all about expressing yourself in reviews in a manner compliant with the site's guidelines, no more no less. I don't believe my sincerity or that of reviewer Raul Siberian are even in question. Please don't ever refer to me as a hypocrite mateyStern Smile.

Edited by ExittheLemming - August 26 2012 at 15:46
HarbouringTheSoul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarbouringTheSoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2012 at 15:46
I'm sorry, but deleting a review for "rude and disrespectful prose" and calling the artist in question a "talentless hippy oink" in the very same sentence strikes me as very hypocritical. You can think about Captain Beefheart what you want, and you can insult him all you want as well, but then you can hardly criticize somebody for doing the same.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2012 at 15:59
^ I agree wholeheartedly with the reviewer (yet you claim I'm criticising him?). The only reason the review is gone is because of the crude language used and the lack of information about the music therein. Had the reviewer been able to articulate why he came to his conclusions I would have kept it.

BTW I've deleted it for the 2nd time (if he posts it again then more formal action will clearly have to be taken)

Edited by ExittheLemming - August 26 2012 at 16:01
raul_siberian View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raul_siberian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2012 at 21:38
I want to apologize for being rude and disrespectful on Captain Beefheart`s "Trout Mask Replica" review. I will write it again and I will follow your advice.

I Hope you're not mad at me... Sorry!

Edited by raul_siberian - August 29 2012 at 11:11
gen77c View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen77c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2012 at 17:00
Maybe I'm paranoid but the new Threshold album  getting 8 one star and two star ratings in a row is kinda suspicious.

Edited by gen77c - August 31 2012 at 17:01
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2012 at 17:22
Originally posted by gen77c gen77c wrote:

Maybe I'm paranoid but the new Threshold album  getting 8 one star and two star ratings in a row is kinda suspicious.

Not an entirely groundless remark given that 6 of the ratings only reviews are from the same IP address:

78.12.32.6 (Rome,Italy)

Deleted these but such is the weighting afforded to these reviews there will normally be negligible impact on the album's overall score given a sufficient sample size. However,  I noticed that the score went from (gulp) 4 to 4.31 after these reviews were deleted (but that's cos there are < 50 reviews in total, so the impact of 6 small deviations gets writ large innit?)

Edited by ExittheLemming - August 31 2012 at 17:30
gen77c View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gen77c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2012 at 17:26
Oh so I'm not that paranoid... I noticed because I was checking the top albums for 2012 yesterday and today I checked again and Threshold and Mystery's new albums as well had a noticeable drop.

Oh hey at least one of the low ratings in the Mystery album is by the same person as the ones in the Threshold album.
kevin4peace View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin4peace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2012 at 14:53
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=815671&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Progarchives-com%2FReviews-newreleases+%28Reviews+%28new+releases+only%29+-+Progarchives.com%29&utm_content=FaceBook

Obviously needs to be deleted.
Nothing to say here. Nothing at all. Nothing is easy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 282>