Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat should Yes perform at the RRHOF ceremony?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: What should they play?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [3.03%]
6 [18.18%]
26 [78.79%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 02:00
Originally posted by Neu!mann Neu!mann wrote:

Topographic Oceans, of course. All four sides

Any sign of TFTO (never mind all of it) and I think that that will guarantee that no further prog bands are considered - ever.
A TVR is not a car. It's a way of life.
Flight123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 03:49
It does beg the question, was the induction of Yes dependent on 90125 rather than TFTO?  Probably yes...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 05:34
now what would get me to tune in would be one of those group jams at the end and they all decide to do.. in Chris's honor...

On the Silent Wings of Freedom... who takes bass...  fly Claypool in for that. That would be too awesome.LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 07:11
Harold Land, Sound Chaser, Don't Kill the Whale, White Car, Final Eyes, and Man in the Moon.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 08:02
Guitar god Howe has said he would play if the conditions were right---and he assumed they'd play Roundabout.

But No Moraz No R and R Hall of Shame!Wink
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 08:28
The Clap. LOL  Seriously, it will probably be Roundabout and Lonely Heart.

Edited by SteveG - December 21 2016 at 08:28
Flight123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 08:38
But which Yes will show up?  Anderson/Wakeman/Bruford/Howe plus Tony Levin - or will it be a 'Union' type set up?
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 08:42
I haven't even bothered to look who exactly was inducted.  It isn't simply just the band that gets selected.....  Alan White is surely part of it... did Bruford? if both did and likely both were part of the group induction then yeah.. some sort of Union thing. Doubt Moraz did.. but did Rabin?
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 08:49
guess so... Rabin was included...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/features/yes-trevor-rabin-on-rock-hall-possible-reunion-w456870

The members of YES who will officially be inducted into the Rock Hall are the ‘UNION‘ tour line-up: current members White and Howe, the band’s late bassist and founding member Chris Squire, and former members Jon Anderson (vocals), Bill Bruford (drums), Tony Kaye (keyboards), Rick Wakeman (keyboards) and Trevor Rabin (guitar).
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 08:51
good to see Tony Kaye recognized.. even if not specifically for the first 3 albums...
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 18:20
Originally posted by Magnum Vaeltaja Magnum Vaeltaja wrote:

Knowing the good ol' "hall of shame", they'll probably get coerced into doing a medley of a 4-minute Roundabout with a segue into Owner of a Lonely Heart

But as for what they should perform? Tales, obviously. All of it. With extended solos. And extra verses. Twice.

This.
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 18:33

They should stun all the hipsters with "The Gates Of Delirium",  play the opening guitar riff from "Owner Of A Lonely Heart", then all of "Tales From Topographic Oceans", close with "Close To The Edge".  Then walk out without speaking to anyone, and never set foot there again.

But of course they'll play "Owner", "Roundabout", and maybe "Your Move" & "I've Seen All Good People".

I just wonder who will show up for this.  Bruford?  Wakeman? Rabin?  Annnnnnnnnnderson?
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 20:49
Originally posted by Flight123 Flight123 wrote:

It does beg the question, was the induction of Yes dependent on 90125 rather than TFTO?  Probably yes...

Probably correct---it's a shame the powers that be at  RRHOF don't get prog but it has always been that way so  Yes probably got in because of 90125 ---the easy listening 80's Yes--more than Tales or Relayer---

What I don't understand is why a band like Moody Blues---didn't get in a long time ago---they have the sales and the easy listening part---plus Nights in White Satin is a major world wide song---more so than OOALH and much better popular song.Smile

As far as who will show up---from the things they have said so far---Wakeman has said he will not---Bruford seems to say no too---Howe seems to want to show up----I assume the California west coast boys---Anderson Rabin and White will show up----I know don't know about Kaye. Obviously this could change as Howe has insinuated from now until show time.

Edited by twosteves - December 21 2016 at 20:53
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 20:57
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Yes should grow some balls and tell the Hall to f*ck off like the Sex Pistols did.

Well, Wakeman might just as well do that. He may be busy washing his hair. And now that it's official they are inducted, he has confirmed he has no intention to attend.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 21:00
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

Originally posted by Flight123 Flight123 wrote:

Probably correct---it's a shame the powers that be at  RRHOF don't get prog but it has always been that way so  Yes probably got in because of 90125 ---the easy listening 80's Yes--more than Tales or Relayer---

What I don't understand is why a band like Moody Blues---didn't get in a long time ago---they have the sales and the easy listening part---plus Nights in White Satin is a major world wide song---more so than OOALH and much better popular song.Smile

As far as who will show up---from the things they have said so far---Wakeman has said he will not---Bruford seems to say no too---Howe seems to want to show up----I assume the California west coast boys---Anderson Rabin and White will show up----I know don't know about Kaye. Obviously this could change as Howe has insinuated from now until show time.

For what I have read, I have the impression they are inducted as much for their work on the 70's as well as for 90125. Besides, why would they include Wakeman, Howe, and Bruford if that wasn't the case.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 21:06
For what I have read, I'm not sure they will end up playing... at least not the whole buch that is being inducted. I would expect Wakeman and Bruford not to play... perhaps not even attend (at least Wakeman). If they were to play anything, I guess the most obvious choices would be "Roundabout" and "Owner of a Lonely Heart"... I have read that they usually choose 3 songs, so they might add something like Starship Trooper, And You And I, I've Seen All Good People, Yours is no Disgrace, or something more from 90125. Of course, my dream choice for 3 songs would be Close to the Edge, Gates of Delirium, and Awaken.
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 22:04
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Owner of a Lonely Heart, with a dedicated camera panned on Howe's mush recording every single frown and grimace

If you watch the Lugano DVD (2nd DD with Tsongas) you will find he has done a marvellous job with Owner. Sort of made it his own.

And You And I is still the star of the show. Well it was before the Heaven And Earth thing.
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2016 at 22:06
TFTO, Relayer with CTT as encore and after a dedication to the HOF and Rolling Stone and encore with Awaken. Any audience requests for Fly From Here may be acted upon.
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2016 at 10:39
Originally posted by zravkapt zravkapt wrote:

Hopefully they don't play this:

Who knew every member could sing?Tongue

such a horrible song---a few weeks ago I listened to all the Yes west albums and it was surprising how much of it I hated lol---or rather couldn't listen to. Surprisingly I found the best songs on Big Gen. Love will find a way is Rabins best pop song by far. But Shoot High, I'm running and Final Eyes and Holly Lamb are ok
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2016 at 10:57
They should cover a Tupac song.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>