2 [4.44%]
7 [15.56%]
2 [4.44%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2021 at 12:51
I also love X, really think it falls under the radar, every song there is great. From The Darkness and Jaws of Heaven are such kickass songs especially. Nick and the band finally pulled it all together to deliver something great from that lineup.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
AlanB View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AlanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2021 at 12:52
I've only really listened to Snow in its entirety, but I do have the 20 years compilation and that is really good.
Awesoreno View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Awesoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2021 at 13:45
Hm. Went with Kindness, but on another day it could be V or Beware of Darkness. I also really like Feel Euphoria. Yeah. I SAID IT. IT'S GOOD. And good in a prog way. At least, Crossover Prog. If the band changed names after Neal left, I think they'd be considered Crossover, even with the Leonard area. It would fit overall. 
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2021 at 19:38
Originally posted by Awesoreno Awesoreno wrote:

Hm. Went with Kindness, but on another day it could be V or Beware of Darkness. I also really like Feel Euphoria. Yeah. I SAID IT. IT'S GOOD. And good in a prog way. At least, Crossover Prog. If the band changed names after Neal left, I think they'd be considered Crossover, even with the Leonard area. It would fit overall. 
Either Crossover Prog or Eclectic Prog. They left Symphonic Prog when Neal quit the band and maybe that's the reason there's fewer followers of Spock's Beard these days. Pity because they're such a great band. People are missing out.
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote miamiscot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2021 at 08:19
The Kindness Of Strangers is my favorite. By a very large margin!!!
The Prog Corner
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2021 at 08:57
Have to go with The Light.
It was a breath of fresh air when it was released.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2021 at 14:07
V.....by far their best...At The End of the Day and The Great Nothing are the two best epics they have ever done.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2021 at 14:20
V was very special indeed - but Snow raised the bar even more for me. So sad when Neal’s departure stopped them touring it
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2021 at 15:38
X, the album that was trashed for sounding too much like old prog.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2022 at 14:27
V
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Hugh Manatee View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Manatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2022 at 17:56
I'm gonna go for "The Oblivion Particle" because I just love 

I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of uncertain seas
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2022 at 05:57
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Brief Nocturnes is what got me back into the Beard, such a great album! It made me really jump back in and explore, re-listen to the earlier albums........I picked The Light, it remains a massive album for the 90s era of music that seemed so lost for prog music.

Brief Nocturnes is great. A true 'return to form' for them but also really strong songs

The Light is a killer album too. What a debut!

Originally posted by tempest_77 tempest_77 wrote:

I have to vote for X. To me, Spock's biggest weakness is usually their lyrics, and X is by far their strongest album.

I love X. Great record. The record before it, the self titled one has some really strong songs on it too.

Originally posted by Awesoreno Awesoreno wrote:

I also really like Feel Euphoria. Yeah. I SAID IT. IT'S GOOD. And good in a prog way. At least, Crossover Prog. If the band changed names after Neal left, I think they'd be considered Crossover, even with the Leonard area. It would fit overall. 

LOL I can remember defending Feel Euphoria to some haters when it came out. I really liked it. However, I listened to it again recently and my opinion has changed. I don't think it's very good. I know they were trying to find their footing after Neal left. It REALLY shows and not in a good way.

We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2022 at 05:59
The Oblivion Particle would have been a great title for a concept album but it's just a bunch of unrelated songs. You can't name an album something like that and have it not be a concept album
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12