Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Reed Lover View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 18:29
Originally posted by arcer arcer wrote:

. I do not know how to buy a guy, nor would I know how to seek out the information needed to contact someone who would be willing to sell one.

Shocked

Could only happen in a discussion with Greg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

ClapClapClapClapClap

God, I love this place.

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 18:20
Originally posted by gdub411 gdub411 wrote:

Originally posted by amygdala amygdala wrote:

wouldn't have happened in a country that doesn't legalise, glorify and defend the right to bear arms

Who says the gun he was weilding was legal? I'm sure in your prescious, safe countries the bad guys can obtain illegal arms easily enough. Save your self-righteous banter for another place. We americans are sick and tired of you.

ifwhiteamericatoldthetruthforonedayitsworldwouldfallapart (manics)

america is a joke

envious and jealous...aren't we? A joke who has more money, military arms and might than your pathetic has been country. Europe is past it's prime!!

but arent we better if we have less military arms, money and might?  something to ponder
arcer View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 17:27

oh i might add that I'm not some rabid anti-american. I love the place. The more I go, the more I like it. I just think some of your customs and policies are a trifle odd and a little dangerous. Why do you want to bear arms anyway?

arcer View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 17:24

ah, fabulous arguments - anyone can get a gun anywhere if they want and have enough money.

However, I would imagine that our firend was not linked with any criminal element, which he would have to be here, in order to obtain a gun.

No, it was probably a case of this poor, obviously disturbed chap walking in off the street and purchasing this gun, or perhaps sourcing it from a member of his family.

I am a regular citizen, living in a country where firearms are illegal. I do not know how to buy a guy, nor would I know how to seek out the information needed to contact someone who would be willing to sell one. It is, contrary to the belief of most Americans, very very difficult to buy a gun here unless you already associate with elements who already use them. And those elements are not as prevalent as television would love you to believe.

Gdub - your fury at my self-righteous banter cannot disguise the fact hat there are more gun-related deaths in the US than in, I would imagine, all other developed countries. Wonder why?

gdub411 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 17:20
Originally posted by amygdala amygdala wrote:

wouldn't have happened in a country that doesn't legalise, glorify and defend the right to bear arms

Who says the gun he was weilding was legal? I'm sure in your prescious, safe countries the bad guys can obtain illegal arms easily enough. Save your self-righteous banter for another place. We americans are sick and tired of you.

america is a joke

envious and jealous...aren't we? A joke who has more money, military arms and might than your pathetic has been country. Europe is past it's prime!!

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 17:15

america is a joke
gdub411 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 17:11

threefates View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 17:10

Yeh, it would... and it happens all the time.  Anyone can get a gun anywhere, if they have enough money and want one bad enough.

Evidently this guy was upset because Dimebag quit Pantera and started his own band....  now thats really fanatic obsession...

THIS IS ELP
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 16:36
damn straight
arcer View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 16:33

Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 16:29
very tragic. i dunno how the gunman got past security.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 15:52

I clashed with Frenchie posting my response

Embarrassed

Edited by Easy Livin
frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 15:50
see the dimebag died thread. pantera/damageplan legendary guitarist Dimebag Darrell was shot on stage alone with another band member and some fans.
The Worthless Recluse
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 15:48
I `m  going to be serious here. I tutor Mathematics and Chemistry to high school students and some at the university level. Just a few hours ago one of my young students told me about a horrific incident which ocurred in Souix City. During the concert some maniac with a concealable weapon opened fire and killed the bass player on stage and several spectators. I haven`t had very much time of late to keep track of all the bad news whhich is transmitted through the various forms of media sources. Can anyone provide any details? If this brief piece of information is accurate, I will have to say that we just might as well pack it in if we can`t feel safe at a musical event. There have always  been problems at rock music concerts, ie crowd control, fist fights, drugs, rowdiness but nothing like this. Can anyone provide any further details. I will be on line tomorrow evening.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12