Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2007 at 03:41
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

Originally posted by Jim Garten Jim Garten wrote:

Originally posted by dwill123 dwill123 wrote:

The picture below is the successor to the 3-manual "Black Beauty".  It is a 4-manual version I think called "Black Beauty 2".  On the outside it looks similar to the original except for the fourth manual.

Oh Yes! How much fun would you have playing that monster - jeez, you'd need to be a double jointed tap-dancing octopus on speed to play that... I want one!
No; you just have to be Barbara Dennerlein. Tongue

Admittedly, that would look sexier...

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
tdbark View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2007 at 14:04

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

mine was of all things.. not at a rock concert.. but personally meeting a living legend of music.. jazz legend Dave Brubeck after a intimate show for about 50 people, he did at NMU (northern michigan univ) back in early 90's.  Alll I could do was blather on like an idiot about what  a  fan I was and how much that about (Time Out) defined my musical existance.. ie... me.

Hell of a nice guy too...

WOW.....  Never thought there would be a fellow Wildcat here in the Progarchives....  I am class of 1988 (though I started attending the school in 1979... long story as to why it took so long to graduate... lol), and I went back to NMU to get my Secondary Teaching Certification in 1993-1995.  And it is interesting that you brought up that school, because my most emotional concert experience happened there.  It actually was emotional more in retrospect than at the time it happened, though the concert itself was excellent.  In 1981, I went to see Harry Chapin perform at the fieldhouse.  I didn't know it at the time, but I witnessed one of the last live performances of this great singer/songwriter......  I cried when, in July of the same year, I read of his death in a car crash.......

Twenty men crossing a bridge into a village,
are twenty men
crossing twenty bridges
into twenty villages.

Wallace Stevens
dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2007 at 14:38

Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

Originally posted by dwill123 dwill123 wrote:

The picture below is the successor to the 3-manual "Black Beauty".  It is a 4-manual version I think called "Black Beauty 2".  On the outside it looks similar to the original except for the fourth manual.

Oh Yes! How much fun would you have playing that monster - jeez, you'd need to be a double jointed tap-dancing octopus on speed to play that... I want one!
No; you just have to be Barbara Dennerlein. Tongue

Admittedly, that would look sexier...

But it wouldn't sound better!
Melomaniac View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2007 at 15:41
I have quite a few :

Rush - Vapor Trails tour in Toronto.
It was so good to see them 'home' (I'm from Montreal) after such a long absence.  It was an outdoor concert, and in the background we could see the CN Tower, with the moon above it... a magical night to say the least !

The Tea Party with The Montreal Metropolitan Orchestra
Man, that was such an intense concert.  The arrangments were very poignant, the choice of songs excellent... hell, I had tears in my eyes during a few songs in the show !

Pink Floyd - The Division Bell Tour
Pink Floyd is the first prog band I discovered (i was 5 or 6 years old), and this show was the only one I saw from them...

I could go on and on, but these are my most intense concerts. 
"One likes to believe in the freedom of Music" - Neil Peart, The Spirit of Radio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12