Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedComus & line up for Melloboat 2008,Sweden

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2008 at 12:36
What a KILLER event this would be. I sure would very, very much like to attend this...

But aaah...I'm so angry at meself right now for not knowing earlier that such a wonderful event is being held and very, very disappointed of the fact I will be 18 only on the 20th of March! AngryAngryCry
Comus! Opeth! Anekdoten! Fredrik Thorendal playing Sol Niger!!! aaaeh...
Disapprove

Would someone who's over 30 and attending this once-in-a-lifetime event maybe be so nice and supervise this adolescent Estonian for this event? I'll be obedient, not taking a sip of alchoholic drinks nor drugs nor any mushrooms of questionable fame and you actually don't need to bear my company...and if some underaged friends of mine (not many anyhow, 3 max) would decide to attend as well, then it would be appreciated if they would be also "supervised"...

And if anyone here that is over 30 hears about this event for the first time just now or hasn't yet booked the tickets, then I'd really recommend attending (for hell's sake, Comus is reuniting!!!) and this way the whole event would cost less if we'd do the booking at the same time...

Actually, I think I will see to it that my dad will absolutely love prog by the end of this week and get off his busy schedule and then supervise me on this Melloboat. Like that would happen...

At the same time, it's not really a very big tragedy and I guess it wouldn't really matter much if I went or not..

Still hoping though...

As they say, hope is for the dumb...

Edited by Eerichtho - February 25 2008 at 12:40
Evans View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2008 at 15:24
I'll still be 19 so there's not much for me to do, but keep trying, Eerichtho, and maybe i'll see you there! : )

'Let's give it another fifteen seconds..'
Baza View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2008 at 09:59
I just came back from the Melloboat, it was great!

I have a lot of photos, but I'm coming home only a week from now, so I'll have to wait to upload them until then . But a lot of photos and videos will pop out on the internet in the next few days, I'm sure.

I only saw the shows at the big stage - Anekdoten, Opeth, Trettioriaga Kriget and Mats & Morgan on Saturday, and Bo Hansson, Comus, Katatonia and Leaf Hound on Sunday.

The highlight of the festival was definately Comus. 5 out of the 6 original members of the 1971 lineup were there. The only guy who didn't come was the flute/hand drums player, and he was replaced by Bobbie Watson's husband (she is from the original band, and she is a very nice person). They even brought in their original roadie! They haven't played together for 35 years, so they were a little bit rusty, but still, hearing "Song to Comus", "Diana" and the other songs was an unforgettable experience. The bind might do another show in the U.K., but there won't be a reunion. Their setlist was:

Song to Comus
Diana
The Herald
Drip Drip
The Prisoner
Venus in furs (Velvet Underground cover that Comus used to play at the end of their concerts)
and "Song for Comus" for the second time

Bobbie Watson said that we were the best audience they had this year.Smile
I got myself a copy of their collection album signed by all the members.

Opeth were also great, the new guitarist and drummer are doing a good job. Actually, all the bands were great...

I have to go now, but I'll try to write more about the festival in the near future. 

Detric View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 13:13
Probably the best weekend ever! :)

This picture of Andy in the background and Roger in action says it all:

Limbus View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 14:13
Hello - well, there was a reunion, and there still is - we are rehearsing and currently writing new material in true First Utterance style!
 An east coast USA tour is in the offing for the end of May. Can't say more now cos confirmation still needed.

Please check our sites at www.myspace.com/comusofficial and www.comusmusic.co.uk for updates and merch.

Hope to see you all soon. Wink
Wink
Comus
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12