Topic ClosedIs Karney allowed back?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Founding Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 13:34

tuxon:

As an aside, it just occurred to me that, as correct and noble as your Christian values are - and they are - you (and I) can barely claim to speak for the Christians on the site (as JrKASperov's post indicates), much less to speak for the site as a whole.  Thus, even if you are correct in your interpretation of forgiveness vis-a-vis Christianity, you would not have the right to "impose" that on the other members.  (Might we call this the "separation between church and...site?" )

Peace.

Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 13:41

By turning this into some sort of religious discussion, we are merely playing along with KE9's game. As Maani implies, KE9 is only using the religious aspect because he is fully aware of Maani's beliefs.

The issue however is only about a member who was ejected because he could not respect either our (very few) rules, or indeed his fellow forum members.

frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 14:16
a message from karney... and yes its like the spirit carries on by DT as he seems to be living through me rite now but whatever...

maani:

Many thanks for the Forgiveness noted on your thread..Regarding so called Havoc on the site.if you noticed before my ejection i was in a rumble with an Italian member who come on here solely to cause havoc & provoke every member he can...Other than that  for one find that you have to tread on egg shells to get on with certain members finding you have to agree with people & their views on a lie Just to get on with them & not get reported,you can't really be yourself & your true opinions...You dare not talk too much about ELP on here for example without members moaning.I find this quite sad & annoying.

You claim you have recieved an enormous number of PM's i'd really love to know who from & why complain!I know who there not from that's for sure which to me gives an inclination as to what a handful off complaints will be about.Can i just get this clear i do not attack other people off the top of my head.I don not dis-respect this site nor it's members unless they give me great cause to & that includes the many who consistantly provoke me.

Sorry but when i see people posting that i may be Schizoid,on medication,pissed all the time that makes me laugh it really does....non old chaps,might have the odd tinny session but not much.

maani:i would love to have contacted you aftermath but when you blocked so is your PM facility.

The resaon i asked a few good member/friends to post on my behalf.

[email protected] is me

Karney.

So what do you say?

The Worthless Recluse
nacho View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 14:35

I said in a previous post that I wouldn't be against KE9 being admitted again: well, now I AM!!! I couldn't find the smallest symptom of regret in his message: it's the rest of the world who is misbehaving...

KE9, you might not be a schyzoid but then, what are you? You came here one morning and posted your famous "f**k you all" post all over the forum. Why?

It's just a humble opinion from me, but I have the feeling it would be a mistake to allow him back. Anyway, I guess it's an admin's matter...

Hangedman View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 14:45
Wha does christianity have to do with this? he broke the rules time and again and now that he finally has to pay the consequences hes sorry? but for how long, based on his track record he cant be trusted anymore, he had not onlt his chance but his chances. Heck why dont the americans put saddam hussein back in power, i mean he only screwed up once.
mickstafa View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 15:12
I never saw any vulgar things KE9 wrote, and I remember Belva being a real pain (is he banned too?).  So I personally don't mind if he was around as long as he behaved.

But if he broke rules then he should be banned.  I'm Christian, I forgive, but a part of this is taking personal responsibility.  If you broke the law, you do your service.  If you break the rules here, you get warned and then, if need be, banned.  That's what happened, so KE9 must accept that.  As Maani said, you may be forgiven.  But that doesn't mean your questionable posts are justified or forgotten.  You screwed up, KE9, so bear the consequences.

Imagine if the attitude towards all harassers on this site was to just keep letting them come back as if they did nothing to deserve their banning.  Grow up and take some responsibility.  This is just a forum where people post stuff about our beloved music genre.  If some nut posts crap, just ignore him and report his post.  He'll get banned, which is how it should work!

Heh, I like Hangedman's analogy: let's let Saddam back out to rule Iraq and hope he behaves.... (Ok, no more Iraq talk, I don't want to get into a political discussion on top of a theological one!)
Sweetnighter View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 15:28
Didn't he get kicked off twice? I mean, where does it stop?
I bleed coffee. When I don't drink coffee, my veins run dry, and I shrivel up and die.
"Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso? Is that like the bank of Italian soccer death or something?" -my girlfriend
Peter View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 15:43

I am against repeat (or very serious) offenders being allowed back.

In the real world, our actions have consequences. If there are to be no real consequences for offensive behaviour here, then what effective leverage would we have to ensure acceptable behaviour?

Most people (adults, anyway) don't need a fear of punishment to prevent them from doing ill. Unfortunately though, some do. We need real rules, with real consequences, to keep this forum a pleasant place for the broadest segment of people.Stern Smile

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.
Moogtron III View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 16:32
Originally posted by threefates threefates wrote:

Well... he gets radical sometimes, but if everyone would just learn to ignore that behavior when it happens... he usually chills out soon afterwards...

Anyway.. I sort of miss him too!

That's how I feel too.

Cluster One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 16:45
If a vote were held, I'd vote to keep him banished...for sure!

(Stay tuned for ProgArchives Survivor Round III)
Marmalade...I like marmalade.
mickstafa View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 17:49
It is kind of funny seeing him communicate through frenchie though.  I say keep it like this!  
frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 17:57
i will be cool with it, but frenchie wont

*a faint humming in the background ---> 21st century schizoid man
The Worthless Recluse
maani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Founding Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 18:56

frenchie:

Please refrain from serving as Karney's "mouthpiece."  Any further communication from Karney via you on this site will force be deleted.

Thanks.

Peace.

frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 19:44
Originally posted by maani maani wrote:

frenchie:

Please refrain from serving as Karney's "mouthpiece."  Any further communication from Karney via you on this site will force be deleted.

Thanks.

Peace.

ah rite, howcome?

fetch me the exorcism kit maani! get this thing outta me!

before master evil returns from his slumber
The Worthless Recluse
frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 21:06
uh oh! he has woken...

aaargh

aaaaaaargh!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

The Worthless Recluse
The-Bullet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 21:08
Wired again Frenchie ?   

"Why say it cannot be done.....they'd be better doing pop songs?"
Jim Garten View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 03:09
Originally posted by maani maani wrote:

KE9 showed a serious lack of respect for this site, and for its members...  And he did it on more than one occasion after promising to "change his spots"

KE9 was given chance after chance, and for a while I supported his not being ejected; after the final posts leading to his removal I was (and still am) 100% behind the moderators decision.

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 10:37

Although he was given numerous chances , KE9 has always managed to follow the rules until his crisis, that are relatively easy to spot when they start - usually out of boredom and some mind altering changes (sort of Jekyll & Hyde).

Even if he had found religion, (I think like Maani that this is a ploy to work on his foregiveness), he is likely to repeat his performance. Should he get another chance, he will in all likelyhood blow it again, and on what grounds will he claim re-admission that time - finding the evil dwarves!?!

I never had real scrapping words with him , but always steered clear of his mood swings. As Threefates points out, I believe that if everybody would ignore his bad tempered posts, the man would cool himself off relatively quick. I may be wrong in the following reasoning but hear me out. I believe that there is a set time at which the incidents took places - and generally the admins are sleeping at that time -  but it does not mean that he waits in the shadow for them to be asleep either. If and when he does derail/slip away , it is generally late at night in the UK and a bit in the early morning around 8 or 9 AM UK/GMT time. This means sleepless nights......and probably a cry for help or simple attention. It also could imply substance abuse (medecine , booze others) to be up at that time.

I have calmed down some of the KE9 opponents (no names but those know who they are) by asking them via PM to stop posting replies to his agressive posts, because it was only worsening things. When those persons actually did stop and waited at least until the admins wake up and check what happens on the site. And generally , KE9 was either calmer or gone because no answer got to him anymore.

The best thing to do is to ignore the offensive post giving the exact very answer the offender does not want: SILENCE!!!        &n bsp;         Generally these offensive posts are asking for attention! So Ignoring is the best answer we can give to someone who is offensive.

Giving KE9 another chance, is not up to me!! I only doubt it will change much after a few weeks another crisis will have happened! But maybe the way it will be handled , differently and silently, may actually change and minimize the incidents if you are to use my advice .

let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
Snow Dog View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 11:06

I havent been here as long as Karney, but it seems to me that some deliberately agravate him.

I'm not suggesting his reaction to this is acceptable, but he has always been courteous and polite to me!

sigod View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 12:02
KE9 and I have never seen eye to eye although we have have arrived at a sort of peace. I steered clear of him and he steered clear of me (that seemed to work out fine).

The question remains in that when is enough, enough? It's always rough to see a fellow prog lover ejected from the site but his bi-polar attitude to some of the people/opinions here and having had personal experience of his anger leads me to say thanks but no-thanks.

Edited by sigod
I must remind the right honourable gentleman that a monologue is not a decision.
- Clement Atlee, on Winston Churchill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>