Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Blogs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prog Britannia - Album Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 97>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 08:00
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

Originally posted by FloydianPinkRose FloydianPinkRose wrote:

Psychedelic Paul, it warms my heart that there are members on Prog Archives that will miss all the terrific reviews you’ve written about the countless Prog artists out there. If it wasn’t for those who write reviews, many of us with less knowledge of them would never discover the plethora of great music available. Myself, I have added at least 10 bands to my favorite list, thank you. And I SO enjoyed those videos you posted which vibrantly illustrated the music and talents of those you spoke about. How wonderful! When I want to listen again, I have but to go to your blog and choose from the many you so thoughtfully posted. But alas, some have been wiped away! What a shame. But, there’s still hope for us with your new Prog Britannia Channel on YouTube. It’s just a travesty that there are some who don’t share in the joy and enthusiasm you’ve shown on Prog this whole time. And I know in my ❤️ heart, that there isn’t a shred of spite in your whole body! It’s out of kindness and a desire to actively demonstrate to fellow Progites. how great Prog tunes can sound and look with videos. So thoughtful! Well, I certainly appreciate that!
See you on YouTube, my friend! I’ll join those who follow you. There will be many I’m sure. Your number one fan, FloydianPinkRose. (Thanks for coming up with my wonderful name, a tribute to one of my favorite bands!)
Thank You My Dear. Heart You're as sweet as an English pink rose, or whatever the equivalent is in down-home Alabama. Smile 

I wonder who you had in mind when you said there are some here who don't share my joy and enthusiasm for prog. Tongue

hey Paul, do you suffer of multiple personalities? Big smile
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 08:05
^ Contrary to what you might believe, Cristi, I'm from Robin Hood county in Nottingham, England, not Sweet Home Alabama, USA. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 08:10

^ Contrary to what you might believe, Cristi, I'm from Robin Hood county in Nottingham, England, not Sweet Home Alabama, USA. Smile

LOL

I could write that I'm from Kamchatka, it does not mean that I am from there. 
I wrote I am from wonderland. I guess I am the Mad Hatter or something. LOL
Come on Paul, you're better than that.  
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 08:15
^ At least my Nottingham, England address has more credibility than your "Wonderland" address. Where on Earth is Wonderland anyway? Is it next door to Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch? Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 08:22

^ At least my Nottingham, England address has more credibility than your "Wonderland" address. Where on Earth is Wonderland anyway? Is it next door to Michael Jackson's Neverland ranch? Smile

it's not a matter of credibility. I am a private person and an introvert (more than an extrovert). Plus, I've dealt with people on the internet when they don't have much left to say in a discussion, start throwing insults about a person's origins, country, nationality, etc. So i am actually glad the couple of music sites i hang out don't ask me for personal information other than a nickname and an e-mail address. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 08:28
^ It seems ironic that you're implying I have a fake name and address if you're not prepared to give your real name and be upfront about your own location. Confused
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 08:32

^ It seems ironic that you're implying I have a fake name and address if you're not prepared to give your real name and be upfront about your own location. Confused

No, I believe that FloydianRose is your parallel account. 

and Cristi is my real name. LOL

elsewhere I have a nickname LOL

Edited by Cristi - September 13 2020 at 08:34
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 09:24
^ I can confirm that Floydian Pink Rose is very much real as I've just been chatting with her on Skype. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 09:25

^ I can confirm that Floydian Pink Rose is very much real as I've just been chatting with her on Skype. Smile

and i will say I find that hard to believe. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 09:47
Originally posted by FatherChristmas FatherChristmas wrote:

^ Thanks FC! I wouldn't completely rule out writing any further album reviews, but for the time being, most of my time is going to be taken up with building up my new Prog Britannia music channel on YouTube. In the meantime, you have 131 previous album reviews to peruse at your leisure, although I should skip the first ten as I was only a rookie reviewer at that time and I still had a lot to learn about writing album reviews. Smile
Thank heaven - and earth! It came as quite a serious shock to me that you had done what you had been threatening to do: gain the keys and ascend from prog archives! I am very glad to see you will stay on to do your reviews. Big smile
I will still try to contribute to this thread - reviewing albums turns out to be quite a fun hobby, as it means I can appreciate the albums more and help other people who might want to buy them. Though you have made a lot of reviews here on overlooked bands and albums, something that needed to be done, you seemed to have forgotten or not wished to review the bigger bands (unless I haven't looked far back in this thread to see them) - and so I am going to write a review on Wish You Were Here, in my opinion a masterpiece - or indeed the masterpiece - of the brilliant combination of psychedelic and progressive rock music practised by the classic 70s bands of Brittania. Smile
Thanks FC! I've concentrated on writing album reviews for the obscure artists that often get overlooked, mainly to give them some much-needed love and attention, although I have written album reviews for several well-known artists too, including Jon Anderson, Steve Howe, Chris Squire and Alan White, amongst others. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - September 13 2020 at 09:47
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 11:32
Sorry to see you leave Paul...as you know I enjoy old obscure prog and proto prog music...but I'll ck out your you tube site.
BTW...what are you referring about regardng not being able to post music videos??

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 11:51
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Sorry to see you leave Paul...as you know I enjoy old obscure prog and proto prog music...but I'll ck out your you tube site.
BTW...what are you referring about regardng not being able to post music videos??

I was going to say take a look at my recent "Yes: Magnification" thread where all of my Yessongs were deleted - which killed the thread stone dead - but I just noticed that Logan has kindly reinstated all of my videos again. Thumbs Up

On the subject of writing more album reviews, I wouldn't rule it out altogether, but it's just a question of finding the time now that I'm busy building up the album content of my new Prog Britannia Channel on YouTube. I have just one more Jon Anderson album to add, and then it's on to Barclay James Harvest tomorrow. I also included all three of Jon Anderson's collaborative albums with Rick Wakeman, Jean Luc Ponty and Roine Stolt. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - September 13 2020 at 11:57
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 11:56

I was going to say take a look at my recent "Yes: Magnification" thread where all of my Yessongs were deleted - which killed the thread stone dead - but I just noticed that Logan has kindly reinstated all of my videos again. Thumbs Up

On the subject of writing more album reviews, I wouldn't rule it out altogether, but it's just a question of finding the time now that I'm busy building up the album content of my new Prog Britannia Channel on YouTube. Smile

The thread is there, but the videos are not. 
If you don't understand the redundancy of posting studio versions songs of one of the most famous prog bands ever, then you have a serious problem... There, I said it. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 12:01
^ Au contraire. The Yes: Magnification videos ARE there. I'm listening to the title track right now. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 12:06

^ Au contraire. The Yes: Magnification videos ARE there. I'm listening to the title track right now. Smile

well then,they don't show to me when I clicked on your link. Thank God for that Monseur Au Contraire. LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 13:26
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

well then,they don't show to me when I clicked on your link. Thank God for that Monseur Au Contraire. LOL
Are you implying I'm being pretentious? Moi? Tongue
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 13:28

It appears I'm not leaving after all. I'm back by popular demand, although in Cristi's case, I'm back by unpopular demand. Tongue 
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 13:35
In a shocking development the attention whore isnt leaving.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 13:36

No, if you want to know the REAL reason why I left, then look no further than my recent Yes: Magnification thread. I'm sorry to be the Relayer of bad news, but I can't continue to contribute to a music site which actively discourages you from adding music videos. I've been Close to the Edge of leaving here before, but my Fragile ego was badly dented by having all of my Yessongs deleted in a thread which took me over four hours to write and prepare....

I explained in the Krautrock thread about not posting full albums and why, which you read and responded to, and then you proceeded to do it again. Can't see why one would take four hours to find and post the videos. Anyway, while I have defended your presence here in the past, goodbye. If you cant tolerate not being allowed to post full albums at this site, and the site can't tolerate having someone doing this, it is time to part ways.

Good luck wherever you find yourself (and any other possible personas) post PA.

Edited by Logan - September 13 2020 at 13:40
Just a music fan passing through trying to fill some void. Various music I am into now: a youtube playlist
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2020 at 13:55
^ I wasn't saying it took me four hours just to find the videos. It took me four hours in total, including three hours writing the long Yes albums intro and then about one hour finding the videos. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 97>