Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What albums did you listen to today?...continued
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What albums did you listen to today?...continued

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 221222223224225 527>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2018 at 20:12
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

Wings: Venus and Mars
the Cramps: Flame Job
Suomen Tulli: Uuteen Maailmaan
Faust: So Far
Venus and Mars is one of the first records I ever owned. Still love it.

I’m fairly new to the Cramps, don’t know that one, is it good?

Edited by HolyMoly - April 13 2018 at 20:13
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Larkstongue41 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkstongue41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2018 at 20:56
Samla Mammas Manna - s/t
Popol Vuh - Seligpresisung
New Order - Power, Lies and Corruption
Dirty Three - Horse Stories
Terry Riley - A Rainbow in Curved Air
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2018 at 22:54
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

I have listened those seventies McCartney albums first time quite recently. Always preferred Lennon, but I really enjoyed those McCartney albums, all of them have at least some great moments!

As far as I know, the Cramps hasn´t made any bad records (haven´t yet listened their final album "Fiends of Dope Island"). But the most recommended albums are their first albums, "Songs the Lord Taught Us" & "Psychedelic Jungle". Both "Off the Bone" & "Bad Music For Bad People" are great compilations about their great singles, if you find somewhere their first e.p. "Gravest Hits", then "Bad Music" is better choise, because it has only one song from that e.p. Their newer material I think "Big Beat From Badsville" is the best.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2018 at 22:57

Lee Ranaldo | Electric Trim
What have you liked this?
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2018 at 02:58
Another 25cm of snow expected for the weekend. Yeah, perfect time to take this Easter day off..let the fun begin:

Radiohead (visual)

Pablo Honey
The Bends
OK Computer
Belfort festival 2003

Pink Floyd/the early years (visual)

1968 Germination
1969 Dramatisation
1970 Déviation
1971 Réverbération

Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2018 at 12:36
Caravan: In the Land Of Grey and Pink
the Damned: Evil Spirits
Link Wray and His Raymen: Jack the Ripper
ALotOfBottle View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ALotOfBottle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2018 at 13:58
Steamhammer - Speech
Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2018 at 17:48
Miles Davis - Live Evil
Symphony X - V: The New Mythology Suite

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 02:37
I’ve spun many 12” platters lately - from Greenslade to ELO, to Nile and Barclay James Harvest. All great stuff.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 11:07

i think it’s his best yet. I wasn’t crazy about the first one, the second one was better, and now I think everything comes together splendidly on this one.

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 11:09

I have listened those seventies McCartney albums first time quite recently. Always preferred Lennon, but I really enjoyed those McCartney albums, all of them have at least some great moments!

As far as I know, the Cramps hasn´t made any bad records (haven´t yet listened their final album "Fiends of Dope Island"). But the most recommended albums are their first albums, "Songs the Lord Taught Us" & "Psychedelic Jungle". Both "Off the Bone" & "Bad Music For Bad People" are great compilations about their great singles, if you find somewhere their first e.p. "Gravest Hits", then "Bad Music" is better choise, because it has only one song from that e.p. Their newer material I think "Big Beat From Badsville" is the best.
i have Songs the Lord Taught Us, Gravest Hits, & Psychedelic Jungle. I’ll grab those others if I see them.

-Kehlog Albran
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 12:29

i think it’s his best yet. I wasn’t crazy about the first one, the second one was better, and now I think everything comes together splendidly on this one.
I am thinking much same way, he´s "pop"-albums Last Night On Earth is much better than Between the Times, but Electric Trim is absolutely the best! About his experimental albums, have you heard Glacial: One Jones Beach -album? I think it´s really great, liked also the other experimental Ranaldo-albums I´ve heard.
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 12:34
Alsarah & the Nubatones: Manara
Radiopuhelimet: Ei Kenenkään Maa
Spirit: Clear
the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion: That´s It Baby Right Now We Got To Do It Let´s Dance!
Laura Nyro: Christmas and the Beads Of Sweat
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 15:12

I am thinking much same way, he´s "pop"-albums Last Night On Earth is much better than Between the Times, but Electric Trim is absolutely the best! About his experimental albums, have you heard Glacial: One Jones Beach -album? I think it´s really great, liked also the other experimental Ranaldo-albums I´ve heard.
i got the first solo album when it came out, forgot the title. It was all noise tracks and every track had a locked groove. One of the tracks was just an unplayable etching on the vinyl. Grey marble colored vinyl, at that. A lovely piece of work but very inconvenient for turntable listening. I hung it on my wall back in college.

Edited by HolyMoly - April 15 2018 at 15:13

-Kehlog Albran
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkstongue41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 15:42
Gus Dapperton - You Think You're a Comic!
Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
Penguin Cafe - The Imperfect Sea
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 16:23
The last couple of days or so:

Brave - Marillion
Made in Japan - Deep Purple
The Ferryman's Curse - Strawbs
Eye of the Eagle - Bainbridge,Fitzgerald & Adams
Egmont Overture - Beethoven
Symphonie Fantastique - Berlioz
Piano Concerto - Ravel
Radio Voltaire - Kino
Space Ritual - Hawkwind
USA - King Crimson
Trouble with Machines - District 97
Chocolate Kings - PFM

Edited by Squonk19 - April 15 2018 at 16:24
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mortte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 23:24

i got the first solo album when it came out, forgot the title. It was all noise tracks and every track had a locked groove. One of the tracks was just an unplayable etching on the vinyl. Grey marble colored vinyl, at that. A lovely piece of work but very inconvenient for turntable listening. I hung it on my wall back in college.
Oh, it´s "From Here to Infinity". I once tried to order it, but it was sold out. I have listened it just from YouTube, kind of like it. Anyway Glacial is totally different experimental record, it´s really epic, there are Ranaldo´s experimental guitars, Bagpibes and drums. Really great experimental piece!
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 02:48
Last weekend:
Kasabian - WRPLA
Miles Davis - Miles in the Sky
Popol Vuh - Hosianna Mantra
Popol Vuh - In Den Garten Pharaos
Ash Ra Tempel - s/t
Ash - Intergalactic Sonic 7's
The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die
Magna Carta - In Concert
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 03:01
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Mostly an all modern Italian day:

Nathan - Nebulosa
F.E.M – Sulla Bolla di Sapone
Promenade – Noi ai Dir di Noi
Mosaico – Vola
La Coscienza di Zeno – Na Notte Anche di Giorno
L’Ambero del Veleno – Tale of a Dark Fate

Zone Six – Live Spring

What would be your 'ultimate' top 10 modern RPI recommendations of the last 20 years, Byrd? I have some catching up to do (one of my last purchase was Il Bacio della Medusa's Discesa Agl'Inferi = Excellent!), here's some of my top classic RPI:

Orme/Uomo di Felona
Giganti/Terra in Bocca
Banco/Darwin
Metamorfosi/Inferno
Pierrot Lunaire
Alusa Fallax
Celeste

Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

^ Sorry to barge in but a while ago I made this playlist of songs from my favourite recent RPI albums, on another thread. I'm sure Michael agrees with some of my choices ;)

Thanks for the rescue, Sam! Yes, Martin, Sam has offered some very fine suggestions for standout modern RPI titles. I always struggle to come up with definitive inclusions, it's probably easier to look back on each year and you can usually work out what are the more highly rated and more popular modern titles.

You've probably noticed there's also a `Modern RPI Appreciation' thread where many of us bring attention to new and older `modern' titles (ie 90's onwards), so perhaps keep an eye on that. There's a mix of recommendations from the last twenty or so years as well as info about brand new releases. It can be found here just in case you're interested: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=111427
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkstongue41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2018 at 21:23
Moondog - s/t
Of Montreal - hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
John Cale - Fear
Owen Pallett - He Poos Clouds
Tony Conrad - Outside the Dream Syndicate
Theatre of Eternal Music - Day of Niagara
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 221222223224225 527>