Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reviews reporting thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 283>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duddick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 15:32
I think he’s the son of a member of the band Benjamin’s Kite (looking at their bio)

Edited by Duddick - May 06 2020 at 15:44
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 16:06
yep, you're right
painfull, if you have such a son Stern Smile

Edited by Rivertree - May 06 2020 at 16:06

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 16:20
........if you don’t enjoy Prog - DON’T LISTEN TO IT ! Simple. Does this clown live under a bridge ??
I’m not a fan of C&W, but i wouldn’t visit ‘The Rustic Avenue’ (or somesuch imaginary reviewing site for Country music) and diss the crap out of Troy Cassar-Daly just to stir the pot. I have better things to do.

Edited by Tom Ozric - May 06 2020 at 16:36
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 21:01
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

I have better things to do.

His "better things to do" are to write himself into Slipknot and Genesis songs on youtube.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 22:00
Alerted him.
Zoltanxvamos View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoltanxvamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 22:10
Ok, that is your opinion. I'm sorry if my review isn't to your standards. If you don't like my review, then ignore it. I gave my reasons why I wasn't a fan of Third, and trust me I tried. I gave it plenty of honest listens, but it was a no go. Fact is, you can say something is fact when it's not, so don't be upset that I didn't enjoy the album and gave it a bad review.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoltanxvamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 22:17
Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Someone could actually write his same reviews without ever hearing the albums. 

Thst was not me, I don't know who it was but I am not involved in discord groups. Please do not put me with such horrible people for a review, its absolutely insulting.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoltanxvamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 22:39
Ok, don't be so rude. I'm not a Monster, I'm a genuinely nice and relatively harmless person. I'm sorry you were upset by my review and hopefully my rewrite of my Larks review will help you understand my point of view better. Music overall is totally subjective to everyone, you can forget that what you may like, others may not. It's not a perfect world, and I hope my clarification on my review of Larks helps people see my point of view.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoltanxvamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 22:55
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

it reads like a deliberate provocation, trollish

I agree. Giving IQ Are You Sitting Comforably? 5 stars and Red one? LOL

Somebody delete this moron now. Ban this bitch!!

Ok... I'm sorry, but you just proved my point. If I'm giving such a poor review on something I don't like, why are you doing this same? In my eyes 'Are You Sitting Comfortably?' Is a brilliant album. Don't be so upset that I gave an album you love a 1 star when I attempted to get into the band for years.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoltanxvamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 22:56

Just delete the reviews and let him/her know that they are entitled to their opinion, but reviews will require explanation to validate that point of view.
That's what I did, I wrote my point of view out, Site my Larks review.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoltanxvamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 23:27
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Alerted him.

I got the memo, hopefully my clarification makes things better. Site my Larks review to understand what I was trying to say through (for me even), a rushed and baseless review.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoltanxvamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2020 at 00:05
Alright, since I believe I was being a bit unfair in my reviews to King Crimson, I sat down and listened to Larks another 4 more times, I had listened to the album a week in advance of writing the review and it was obvious I didn't try. Hopefully the new review I put helps, just so you know, I'm not going totally back on my word. I am going to listen to Red a bunch and see how it works out. Also please don't make rude comments about me based on a review, it's actually kinda low.
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2020 at 00:26
^The problem is not your rating, it's what you write in your review. It's not even a review, you have to justify your rating in the review and not use offensive words to describe someone else's music for example:
"Anglagärd is so much better than this pile of... nevermind" or using the word nonsense to describe KC music. Nonsense it is certainly not if you don't like it or don't connect with it that's fine. I advise you to check out other 1 star reviews by prog reviewers or collabs and see the difference.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2020 at 00:33
The objections have nothing to do with opinions or tastes. The site covers a huge range of sub-categories and is visited by people with very different musical proclivities. What this is about is not engaging in any level of detail that would lead the reader to have any confidence that the writer actually listened to the album. There is no application of any objectivity in your reviews to indicate where the perceived problems are. (or bright spots in the case of favorable reviews). 

Reviews don't have to be long, or even positive. But they will definitely face some (or a lot of) backlash if they do not demonstrate knowledge of the album and some sort of guide to the writer's perspective on music that drives their opinion of the piece. And "I would rather listen to Hybris" doesn't get there. What is it that is missing? What is it that makes it boring?  

You can write 1 star reviews all day long about my favorite albums, or the most revered albums on PA. Just demonstrate how you arrived at that opinion and its all good. 

Edited by Tapfret - May 07 2020 at 00:36
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoltanxvamos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2020 at 01:29

The objections have nothing to do with opinions or tastes. The site covers a huge range of sub-categories and is visited by people with very different musical proclivities. What this is about is not engaging in any level of detail that would lead the reader to have any confidence that the writer actually listened to the album. There is no application of any objectivity in your reviews to indicate where the perceived problems are. (or bright spots in the case of favorable reviews). 

Reviews don't have to be long, or even positive. But they will definitely face some (or a lot of) backlash if they do not demonstrate knowledge of the album and some sort of guide to the writer's perspective on music that drives their opinion of the piece. And "I would rather listen to Hybris" doesn't get there. What is it that is missing? What is it that makes it boring?  

You can write 1 star reviews all day long about my favorite albums, or the most revered albums on PA. Just demonstrate how you arrived at that opinion and its all good. 

Alright... I was wrong about Red.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2020 at 03:31
^ Much better. I honestly doubt anyone on this site could feel such hatred towards "Starless" and give an intelligent explanation LOL
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2020 at 04:15
That new red review is the fastest 180 I’ve ever seen
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2020 at 04:41
“ I would rather listen to Hybris “   Well, me too. But how many readers actually know Hybris ?? That line means sh*t to someone not familiar with Anglagard. So it bears no weight in a review (says he who has not reviewed anything for years.......)
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2020 at 04:43
Originally posted by Zoltanxvamos Zoltanxvamos wrote:

Alright... I was wrong about Red.

I didn't see your original review for King Crimson's "Red" album, but well done with your new rave review. Good job! Thumbs Up
dougmcauliffe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougmcauliffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2020 at 04:51
All traps on earth takes aspects of hybris and other Anglagard releases (the band is 3/4th Anglagard afterall) and adds tons of layers of Avant grade and Zeuhl, a sh*t ton of woodwinds, and arguably more symphonic elements. To completely write it off as an Anglagard clone and have that be your sole criticism is pretty lazy and ignorant imo.
The sun has left the sky...
...Now you can close your eyes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 283>