Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My New Blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 37>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2023 at 14:40
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Tonight, I present an incredible interview with The Emerald Dawn. The band have provided my website with a stunning level of detail and the whole page at https://lazland.org/interviews/the-emerald-dawn is an absolute treat, an interview to be savoured and time taken to not only read the words, but listen to the music and watch the live performance.

Enjoy......

Very nice interview Steve, am looking forward to seeing Emerald Dawn at the Phoenix in Exeter in August!

Dont know if you'd be interested in listening to Billy Bottle's Temple of Shibboleth? Another great contemporary progressive band from the West Country, an all female 'Canterbury' style band who's self-titled first lp is a concept album about.. well, i'll let you decide what its about if you like the sound of it!

Cheers SteveClapThumbs Up

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2023 at 01:56
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

Tonight, I present an incredible interview with The Emerald Dawn. The band have provided my website with a stunning level of detail and the whole page at https://lazland.org/interviews/the-emerald-dawn is an absolute treat, an interview to be savoured and time taken to not only read the words, but listen to the music and watch the live performance.

Enjoy......

Very nice interview Steve, am looking forward to seeing Emerald Dawn at the Phoenix in Exeter in August!

Dont know if you'd be interested in listening to Billy Bottle's Temple of Shibboleth? Another great contemporary progressive band from the West Country, an all female 'Canterbury' style band who's self-titled first lp is a concept album about.. well, i'll let you decide what its about if you like the sound of it!

Cheers SteveClapThumbs Up

Cheers, John. I am very envious of you going to see them live. Enjoy!

Thanks for the link to Temple of Shibboleth. I will give it a whirl later!
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2023 at 09:17
Great interview with Emerald Dawn, Steve! How do you get all this wonderful people to sit down with you? Simply Amazing! Clap  (If I had to guess it's the offer of great ale.)

Edited by SteveG - July 12 2023 at 09:19
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2023 at 11:36
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Great interview with Emerald Dawn, Steve! How do you get all this wonderful people to sit down with you? Simply Amazing! Clap  (If I had to guess it's the offer of great ale.)

Thanks, Steve! The Lazland methodology will remain a closely guarded enigmatic secret!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2023 at 13:47
A new album review has been uploaded to the website this evening, and it is a class affair, Heart & Soul by Moon Halo & Riversea vocalist Marc Atkinson.

Simply head on down to the homepage at www.lazland.org and click on the relevant button!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2023 at 08:23
This week's (probably only) new album review is a strong alternative rock effort by Polish band Appleseed, Earn Heaven.

The Video of the Week is a curious affair. Meridian Sky are a Tokyo-based rock band for who I have not been able to find a great deal of information. The track, very good, is Go To The Rising Sun, I Am Already Setting from their 2023 release, Go To The Rising Sun. It came up as a recommendation on YouTube, and the album is available on iTunes. It will be listened to intently in the forthcoming days, and hopefully a review to follow. Anyhow, it is nice to bring stuff most of you will not have heard of.

As ever, all links on the homepage at www.lazland.org - easily the finest music website ever created within a stone's throw of The National Botanic Gardens of Wales!
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2023 at 06:08

This week's (probably only) new album review is a strong alternative rock effort by Polish band Appleseed, Earn Heaven.

The Video of the Week is a curious affair. Meridian Sky are a Tokyo-based rock band for who I have not been able to find a great deal of information. The track, very good, is Go To The Rising Sun, I Am Already Setting from their 2023 release, Go To The Rising Sun. It came up as a recommendation on YouTube, and the album is available on iTunes. It will be listened to intently in the forthcoming days, and hopefully a review to follow. Anyhow, it is nice to bring stuff most of you will not have heard of.

As ever, all links on the homepage at www.lazland.org - easily the finest music website ever created within a stone's throw of The National Botanic Gardens of Wales!
Only one new album review this week? Time constraints, no doubt. I'm firing off a letter to Mr. Sunak immediately requesting early retirement for you, Steve, as more important matters await you. (And us.) Wink

Edited by SteveG - July 19 2023 at 06:08
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2023 at 08:07

Only one new album review this week? Time constraints, no doubt. I'm firing off a letter to Mr. Sunak immediately requesting early retirement for you, Steve, as more important matters await you. (And us.) Wink

LOL Oh, if only Mr Sunak would let me go! It is likely that I will be applying to go partially retired later this year, so a bit more headroom will be created then.

There will be an interview published either tonight or tomorrow, depending on how I get on. Verynice interview as well. All will be revealed!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2023 at 14:55
So, as promised, this evening an interview with Leo Carnicella, a Venezuelan musician based in Germany whose last record, Super-Sargasso Sea, featured Martin Barre.

This is a fascinating interview which goes to the heart of the man, artist, and musician.

Simply go to my homepage at www.lazland.org and scroll down to the interviews section of the homepage and click on the button to view.

Enjoy.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2023 at 11:39
This evening, I have uploaded a massive interview with Nick & Rachel Barrett of Pendragon! An incredible read, simply go to https://lazland.org/interviews/nick-rachel-barrett-pendragon and enjoy!
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2023 at 14:04
Great interview SteveThumbs Up Although i've not always enjoyed everything they've done over the years, Pendragon are a band i always just touch base with to see what Nick and co. are up to now and then and admire their energy, verve and tenacity.
I will always fondly remember seeing them on their mini tour of the south-west around 1984 (the 'fly high, fall far' mini lp was just coming out) and my mate's band was supporting them.. it was all stripey trousers, rainbow jumpers and bad mullets back then (or maybe that was just me). Shame that their gig at the phoenix in Exeter was cancelled twice, i'd love to see them live again.

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2023 at 14:05
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

Great interview SteveThumbs Up Although i've not always enjoyed everything they've done over the years, Pendragon are a band i always just touch base with to see what Nick and co. are up to now and then and admire their energy, verve and tenacity.
I will always fondly remember seeing them on their mini tour of the south-west around 1984 (the 'fly high, fall far' mini lp was just coming out) and my mate's band was supporting them.. it was all stripey trousers, rainbow jumpers and bad mullets back then (or maybe that was just me). Shame that their gig at the phoenix in Exeter was cancelled twice, i'd love to see them live again.

Many thanks, John!
Gentle and Giant View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gentle and Giant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2023 at 15:16
I've just read your interview with Nick and Rachel of Pendragon Steve. Great as always and really interesting to hear Nick's views on streaming etc. Thanks for this.
Oh, for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2023 at 00:21
Originally posted by Gentle and Giant Gentle and Giant wrote:

I've just read your interview with Nick and Rachel of Pendragon Steve. Great as always and really interesting to hear Nick's views on streaming etc. Thanks for this.

Thanks, Chris. Yes, fascinating to read Nick on streaming. The present Hollywood writer and actor strike is based on the same premise, that the streaming giants take all the profit whilst leaving bugger all for the creator. In culture as in so many other matters, corporate capitalism as a business model is broken and something new is required.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2023 at 13:57
I forgot to mark the incredible feat of passing the 25,000 views landmark of this thread a couple of days ago. I am genuinely humbled by all of you who read this, my website, and contribute to my musings and inspire my writing. Thank you.

Probably the last update for this calendar week is a review of the superb album Living & Alive by Beatrix Players, who won Prog magazine's 2017 "Best Newcomer" award - on the evidence of this classy work, they are serious contenders for "best band" in 2023.

A reminder about the multiple interviews on the site. Leo Carnicella was added last week, Pendragon this week. Both widely read - if you haven't seen either, what are you waiting for? By God, get a drinkie and read! Now!!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2023 at 12:12
Tonight, a review of the forthcoming album by British act, Hats Off Gentlemen It's Adequate, who release The Light Of Ancient Mistakes shortly. It is a cracker, and I am sure that after listening to the music which is available and reading my words, you will want to rush off and support this excellent band. 

I forgot to post last week that I have revamped the website a wee bit, taking off much of the personal bloggy stuff - the popularity of my site has, gratifyingly, grown well beyond my expectations, and this, of course, is almost wholly down to the music side of it. Therefore, I have introduced a "news" section with "music news" updated weekly - the first update is available now.

Lastly, the Video of the Week is my little tribute to Sinead O'Connor - her Blood of Eden duet with Peter Gabriel. Put aside the tabloid gossip, and simply listen to two beautiful people.

As ever, all you have to do is go on down to www.lazland.org  your cultural fix!!

Edited by lazland - August 01 2023 at 12:13
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2023 at 06:10
I'm just trying to catch up on the site, Steve, after some personal distractions. The Nick Barrett interview is excellent and I enjoy any musician explaining that they are subject to the same ills and hardships as us mortal folk, as well as their views on an EP vs a full length album. Bless you both for a fine interview. And Rachel too. I shall return for more viewing and comments shortly.

Edited by SteveG - August 03 2023 at 06:11
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2023 at 07:23

I'm just trying to catch up on the site, Steve, after some personal distractions. The Nick Barrett interview is excellent and I enjoy any musician explaining that they are subject to the same ills and hardships as us mortal folk, as well as their views on an EP vs a full length album. Bless you both for a fine interview. And Rachel too. I shall return for more viewing and comments shortly.

Thanks, Steve. Yes, I am proud of that interview. The detail that was provided was stunning and you get a huge warmth towards both Nick and Rachel reading it. Hopefully, there will be a couple more major interviews before the end of the year.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2023 at 09:47
Righto! Mr & Mrs Laz are orf on their first break away from The Pit in over four years. Mister Son of Laz is being left in charge, so today has been an almighty rush to get everything I wanted uploaded. There is quite a lot, so head off to my homepage at www.lazland.org to enjoy;

1. The latest music news, which features details of forthcoming festivals, District 97, and John Wetton.
2. The Video of the week is a teaser for the upcoming Nine Skies album, The Lightmaker. It will be a good 'un!
3. Review of a new EP by Scottish hard rockers, sin'dogs
4. Review of the wonderful new album by Nova Cascade, The Navigator. All proceeds from the sale of this go to cancer research in memory and as a tribute to Eric Bouillette. That is reason enough for you all to get it. As much of a reason is the fact that it is an excellent album, a must for those of you who love the melodic side of progressive rock

That's all folks!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2023 at 14:13
Well, we are back from our sojourn. To get a little glimpse of what we were up to, take a trip to Ale of the Week on my News Page.

Tonight, there are updates on said ale, Video of the Week is Supernational from the forthcoming Built for the Future album, 2084:Heretic, which is a fine work getting both a review and, indeed, an exclusive interview on the website very shortly.

The Music News page has been updated with stuff about Veruno Prog Rock Festival, Nine Skies pre-order, Built for the Future, Walled Garden Festival cancellation, and a live chat with Clive Nolan & Laura Piazzai of Imaginaerium.

Finally, a book review, The Sanctuary by Andrew Hunter Murray, an interesting novel.

I have tons of music in the queue, and reviews will steadily be uploaded over the course of the next couple of weeks.

For all this, simply go to my homepage at www.lazland.org and click away at the appropriate buttons & links.

Enjoy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 37>