FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPROMENADE THE PUZZLE - The Poetic Vision

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: PROMENADE THE PUZZLE - The Poetic Vision
    Posted: April 16 2005 at 13:59
Seeking references in the Internet on Peter Sinfield's album Still (1973), one of my favorite albums since the seventies, I was fascinated when discovering a spectacular site, that I found reasonable to publish as a link in an exclusive topic, for your comments:

PROMENADE THE PUZZLE - The Poetic Vision of Peter Sinfield
_____
Note: As the link above was not working properly, I edited to show the hidden link:
(http://www.songsouponsea.com/Promenade/ChapterOne.html
In case of error message, please verify and change the address: it must end as "...ChapterOne.html", with a capital O and not "...Chapterone.html...
_____

It is a work of art, one of the most complete musical analyses I ever seen, treating of the work of Peter Sinfield in a beautiful way, richly cultured, organized and with amazing sound sampling sequences.

See what is behind the anthological albums of the King Crimson and of the career of Peter Sinfield...

I suggest to start fron chapter 19, that treats of the album STILL. .

In this chapter, those who don't know the album can begin with a general vision of each page, clicking successively in "Real Player" buttons put along the text.

Catching the rhythm you can hear the whole album, that I consider one of the best solo works ever done by the great icons of the progressive rock.

The carefull reading of this site maybe will reveal amazing details of albums and lyrics.

Take your time and enjoy the journey…

Edited by Vaize
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Veuliah - Brazilian Heavy Metal My page
Vaize View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2005 at 22:02
Let me try to sell the site again, since it did not seems to have attracted many of you:

You can have a first contact with the album Still and with the site, by the pg. 12 - The Piper, with amazing flute solos...

The next page is also easy to follow, with just one "Real Play" touch to listen almost all the song A House of Hopes and Dreams

Another interestig link (out of hundreds of the site) shows the tribute page celebrating 30 years of album Still:
Thirty years on
Vaize View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2005 at 01:33
I will not give up!!!

I'm curious to know if someone actually tried to read or listen to what is suggested in the topic...

I found it very interesting to discover thousands of little details, describing what is behind the work and arts of the King Crimsom albuns, with rich comments about their mistical lirics and covers.

One more curiosity (explained somewhere in the site) about the cover of the album Still, shown above:

Did you notice that there is a fairy-tale princess gently sleeping - and not being devoured - in the mouth of the lizard?

Notice that what seems to be the drooling saliva of the archetypal predator is actually the little girl's hair, dangling in tresses. The girl rests in safety, in the midst of danger...
 Post Reply Post Reply