Topic ClosedYouTube vs Prog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2018 at 12:52
Originally posted by Thatfabulousalien Thatfabulousalien wrote:

Originally posted by tboyd1802 tboyd1802 wrote:

Fripp is the label. He spent years fighting to wrest control of the King Crimson back catalog from the majors, and I believe that all of the back catalog now is published through DGM - his label. As for how he chooses to distribution and promote KC, who am I to second guess him. It's his music, published on his label, more power to him. 

As for KC no longer being relevant, as was mentioned in a previous comment, I beg to differ. They recently completed a significant tour of the US and are now embarking on a European tour. Reviews have been overwhelmingly positive, shows have been sold out. Shows include new interpretations of old standards, first-time live versions of classic studio repertoire, and new compositions. While they are definitely old geezers, they are not resting on their laurels. 

Woah, didn't know that Ouch

But what about the reviews? is Fripp afraid of bad publicity??

For those interested, here is the link to the DGM Wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discipline_Global_Mobile
He neither drank, smoked, nor rode a bicycle. Living frugally, saving his money, he died early, surrounded by greedy relatives. It was a great lesson to me -- John Barrymore
miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2018 at 08:27
Similar to he Spotify debate, artists are getting the shaft here but what we're talking about are peanuts for most bands. Very sad state of affairs. Perhaps it's best to just put it all out there and hope for the best. I don't know the answer. But I know I don't like it...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123