Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAs gun control is not possible...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Poll Question: Is it time to fortify schools in the US?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [5.00%]
5 [25.00%]
2 [10.00%]
0 [0.00%]
12 [60.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2018 at 18:59
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ And yet many, many people would still rather be here than in other countries with almost zero gun problems.

In many cases that is only because the US has occupied and destroyed their economies with our economic hitmen. All one has to do is go back to Operation Paperclip in the 1940s when the US imported all the Nazi scientists and bigwigs who then effectively took over our government and carried out their long term agendas. The whole gun thing is being allowed to happen. It's a mere "thinning out" of the population by the weak in their views. I've done an incredible amount of research into these things and it really seems like a majority of the world's ills are a direct result of US policies and military intervention Confused

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2018 at 19:07
Nazi scientists & bigwigs took control?   No, but the Americans who brought them here were far from angels.   I read Operation Paperclip and could barely get through it it was so disturbing, but shootings in the US are not due to some secret nazi-controlled conspiracy, of that I'm pretty sure.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2018 at 19:52
Took control. That's exactly what i mean. The implications of that one project led to a whole covert branch of the government called the black budget. Whistleblower testimonies have given insight into 70 years of advanced technologies withheld from the public. I realize that this probably doesn't compute without a larger picture to gaze upon but there are several factors in play. Firstly, a cabal of power hungry megalomaniacs is determined to take control at any cost. Two, the advent of psychoactive pharmaceuticals to cause this violent behavior is no accident along with the availability of guns. In effect on a metaphysical level, these demonic forces who control us at the moment are nothing more than fear farmers who use false flags and general chaos to manipulate the market forces and society in general. After thousands of hours of various strains of research i have never been more convinced that these things are seemingly random are indeed more masterminded than anyone would like to even fathom. Add to the mix the whole MK Ultra mind control experiements that are only public knowledge due to Nixon accidently bringing out of the classified world. I'm not saying that the gun shootings are a direct cause of Nazi agenda, but they sure fit the overall pattern of consequences from a much larger unseen world just like a fever isn't caused by the heater being on too high. 

mlkpad14 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2018 at 20:54
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

I'd just written a long reply, but it was destroyed by Captcha...

I don't have time to re-write it, but in essence I just posed the question. Does the argument that someone may eventually figure out how to ge a bomb through really justify doing nothing at all in the short term to prevent shootings? You have to consider who is carrying out these attacks. They are lone individuals and not members of sophisticated terrorist organisations with contacts on the 'inside' They are far less likely to be able to get bombs through fortifications.

No, it doesn't justify doing nothing, and I thought I made that point clear in my above post? I'm just cynical/jaded, living in USA and seeing it happen all the time now.

Also, I'm failing to understand how all you PA veterans are getting defeated so often by CAPTCHA? Doesn't everyone CTRL+C their comment before hitting "Reply"?

Yeah, sometimes I do. Sometimes I forget. Also, I tend to only get Captcha when using my work PC running Win7 and IE 12, without adblocking software. When I run Firefox at home on Win10 with adblocker I never get Captcha. Why that should make a difference I don't know.

No need to copy. Press submit, and if it does not work, press back once. It should take you bak to Captcha screen. Reload it (and say yes to that submission message that pops up too). Then submit the Captcha form and it should take you through. You never have to return back to any empty post.
https://gamecrazyprofessional.weebly.com/
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 01:37
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

There is of course also the whole trust debacle. Do most Americans, or indeed most westeners, trust their governments these days? The amount of misinformation and media nonsense dressed up as "news" often sway people to distrust. I remember when Japan was hit by that tsunami a couple of years back. Thousands of people were saved because they trusted the Japanese government's instructions. Now I don't for one second believe that Japan is any less susceptible to dirty politicians and being lied to in general, yet there seems to be an underlying belief in the powers that be, at the end of the day, wants the best for its people and generally knows what it's doing. I shudder to think if this catastrophe happens in societies where such trust is lost.

That's astute, Dave, and 'cause of US history we do tend to mistrust, or I should say just don't have a lot of faith in, authority, which causes a sense of independence to a fault and is taken to the extreme.  Sometimes I wish more Americans trusted government, sometimes I'm glad they don't.  But it is normal for us, has always been that way and is heightened by rotten wars, suspicious assassinations, and too much money. 

Having been elsewhere, though, I'd still rather live here because it's my home and it has the potential to prove the benefits of cultural mixing.  And it is an indescribably beautiful place.  I guess you can't have everything, but yeah people not being shot at school would be a good place to start.

I'm curious:  Would we want to have some kind of Philip K. Dick tech that instantaneously predicted a person's violent intentions, or would that be too spooky and intrusive ?

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 02:21
Don't we already have gun legislation from 1934, 1968, and 1994 (assault weapons ban, which I think expired) that doesn't appear to deter much?

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 08:45
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Took control. That's exactly what i mean. The implications of that one project led to a whole covert branch of the government called the black budget. Whistleblower testimonies have given insight into 70 years of advanced technologies withheld from the public. I realize that this probably doesn't compute without a larger picture to gaze upon but there are several factors in play. Firstly, a cabal of power hungry megalomaniacs is determined to take control at any cost. Two, the advent of psychoactive pharmaceuticals to cause this violent behavior is no accident along with the availability of guns. In effect on a metaphysical level, these demonic forces who control us at the moment are nothing more than fear farmers who use false flags and general chaos to manipulate the market forces and society in general. After thousands of hours of various strains of research i have never been more convinced that these things are seemingly random are indeed more masterminded than anyone would like to even fathom. Add to the mix the whole MK Ultra mind control experiements that are only public knowledge due to Nixon accidently bringing out of the classified world. I'm not saying that the gun shootings are a direct cause of Nazi agenda, but they sure fit the overall pattern of consequences from a much larger unseen world just like a fever isn't caused by the heater being on too high. 
Are you talking about university research or personal research?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 09:10
Personal. Not sure they have these sort of studies in universities. I'm a master of many disciplines and love to connect the dots. Between listening to lots of government insiders who broke their silence and learning the lesser emphasized aspects of history, patterns emerge that i cannot shake. I know this may come off as conspiracy theory rants but i only make claims about things that i have had more than enough information to base some sort of conclusion. It helps to understand the elite's Luciferian philosphies and overall plans in which they desire to create a perfect planet that kills off but 500,000,000 people. Their philosophy has everything to do with something called The Law Of One. It is sort of a universal system of laws that dictates that both postiive and negative forces have to announce their intentions in order to respect free will. That means a sophisticated labyrinth of obfuscation that tricks us into giving our free will. Sort of a cosmic loophole if you will. If you think i'm crazy, do check out this declaration of depopulation at a real momument placed in the US state of Georgia. Apparently Hollywood movies are also forms of disclosure, not only of intent but of technologies and forms of control not officially announced to the public. Yep, we live in the Matrix and are all experiencing a serious mindf**k.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

Edited by siLLy puPPy - February 16 2018 at 09:12

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 09:11

Another story not copied by the fake news? (Said Trump. Wink)
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 09:21
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 09:22
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

There is of course also the whole trust debacle. Do most Americans, or indeed most westeners, trust their governments these days? The amount of misinformation and media nonsense dressed up as "news" often sway people to distrust. I remember when Japan was hit by that tsunami a couple of years back. Thousands of people were saved because they trusted the Japanese government's instructions. Now I don't for one second believe that Japan is any less susceptible to dirty politicians and being lied to in general, yet there seems to be an underlying belief in the powers that be, at the end of the day, wants the best for its people and generally knows what it's doing. I shudder to think if this catastrophe happens in societies where such trust is lost.

That's astute, Dave, and 'cause of US history we do tend to mistrust, or I should say just don't have a lot of faith in, authority, which causes a sense of independence to a fault and is taken to the extreme.  Sometimes I wish more Americans trusted government, sometimes I'm glad they don't.  But it is normal for us, has always been that way and is heightened by rotten wars, suspicious assassinations, and too much money. 

Having been elsewhere, though, I'd still rather live here because it's my home and it has the potential to prove the benefits of cultural mixing.  And it is an indescribably beautiful place.  I guess you can't have everything, but yeah people not being shot at school would be a good place to start.

I'm curious:  Would we want to have some kind of Philip K. Dick tech that instantaneously predicted a person's violent intentions, or would that be too spooky and intrusive ?

My fear mimics the theme found in Peter and the wolf actually in that when governments have cried wolf so many times in the past, people almost naturally develop a distrust...even when the threat is real. If or when say a meteor or some weird cataclysmic event occurs people need to have at least some trust in whatever information is being given...but therein lies the rub.

Again if, by some miraculous widespread political epiphany, the second amendment was to be amended in order to better safeguard the nation's citizens, would people actually believe that? Believe that the government does this to protect the people.
My guess is that it only spurs thousands of 9/11-like conspiracy theories about Russia, CIA and Kafka's old swimcoach.

Anyway I don't blame you. I don't believe half of what is coming out of the Danish government. It's all icebergs. We see the tip...occasionally.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 10:00
As far as the second amendment in the US is concerned and rightfully one of the main culprits of the extraordinarily high gun death in this country, part of the equation is how the country was founded. These reasons involve Native American removal from lands and slave patrols to maintain a healthy slave trade. One of my favorite Native American activists Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz has just published a new book titled "Loaded: A Disarming History of the Second Amendment." I have not yet read it but have heard several interviews about her research into the making of it and it's quite revealing about how the US has become the gun dystopia that it is.

The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 11:57

Personal. Not sure they have these sort of studies in universities.

They did where I went to college!  I first learned of many of the concepts you've been discussing when one of my professors assigned Noam Chomsky's, "The Washington Connection and Third World Fascism" to our reading list.  After completing that, I found a couple local community college radio stations were broadcasting a long running weekly radio show discussing these concepts in depth.  The show was called "One Step Beyond" (later titled, "For the Record") and was run by a political researcher named Dave Emory.  Your mention of the expanded scope of Operation Paperclip and other related concepts was covered in depth in an Emory series titled, "How the US lost the 2nd world war".  I believe his archives are still available at: http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/DX.  Fascinating stuff.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 13:13
Well.....being that Trump and the Republicons are mostly in control these days and don't really want any meaningful changes in gun control , we should expect to see more tragic situations occur in public places.
Sadly it has become part of American life.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 13:25
Image result for thoughts and prayers cartoon

Edited by dr wu23 - February 23 2018 at 09:11
Haquin
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 15:27
Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

Personal. Not sure they have these sort of studies in universities.

They did where I went to college!  I first learned of many of the concepts you've been discussing when one of my professors assigned Noam Chomsky's, "The Washington Connection and Third World Fascism" to our reading list.  After completing that, I found a couple local community college radio stations were broadcasting a long running weekly radio show discussing these concepts in depth.  The show was called "One Step Beyond" (later titled, "For the Record") and was run by a political researcher named Dave Emory.  Your mention of the expanded scope of Operation Paperclip and other related concepts was covered in depth in an Emory series titled, "How the US lost the 2nd world war".  I believe his archives are still available at: http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/DX.  Fascinating stuff. 

Very cool. I'm sure there are some places that teach these things depending on the jurisdiction and dedication of those involved however as a rule colleges are more likely to dissuade from truth digging rather than exploring the murky depths of reality. I went through a phase when i read about 10 Chomsky books but got bored with his style and then moved on to others. One of my biggest sources of knowledge comes from our local Pacifica station KPFA which has a ridiculous amount of excellent programming that is listener sponsored. I listen to several shows on a daily basis. I also scour the internet and listen to lots of insider testimonies that explain the secret space programs, covert black budget projects and overall coverups. In fact there is a website that lists the hundreds of energy machines that are confiscated and classified under the guise of national security if they are over 70% efficient. If i could find it right now i'd share it but i'll have to locate it.

While all of this may seem unrelated to gun violence in the US, it actually is not. There are certainly forces that are at play to shred our unique constitution, one that is unlike any other so-called democrat nation on the planet. I know the times are depressiong but i see this as that the cabalistic forces that have been interfering with the democratic will of the populace are lashing out in desperation as they see their days are numbered. Once global cryptocurrencies democratize the internet of value, meaning usurp the traditional duties of the corrupt banking system, it's game over for the parasite economy and the leeches will be forced to adapt to the unthinkable of actually providing value to justify their existence. Times are sad and exciting at the same time. As always life revolves around positive and negative forces engaged in the great cosmic dance, it's only now that there is a quickening as consciousness expands and we are inundated with information overload.

The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 18:59

One of my biggest sources of knowledge comes from our local Pacifica station KPFA which has a ridiculous amount of excellent programming that is listener sponsored.

Small world!  KPFA (Berkeley) and KFJC (Foothill College) were the 2 stations I was referring to.  Besides KFJC where I was a regular listener from the 80's until around '07, I believe Dave Emory's shows were also on KPFA and KKUP at various times.  Also, Emory would regularly mention being inspired/influenced by fellow researcher Mae Brussell who I believe was a trailblazer in the field and regularly on KPFA in the 80's Wink

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2018 at 13:20
I'll stick to the OP poll question. Let teachers carry firearms is my pick as well as children should be protected at all costs. Let only teachers that want to and are qualified to use a gun carry them, I don't think Trump is saying "all" teachers. It's not his or anyone in DC's decision to make. It should be a local choice.

After 911, I cannot get on a plane without taking off my F'ing shoes, belt and empty my pockets. Soon we will not be able to travel without a passport. So much was put in place to secure airline travel as well as cost.

Yes, all schools should be "closed campuses". I went to a HS where it was a closed campus, I could not leave to go to lunch. All visitors had to go to the main office, the whole campus was chain linked fence. Sure there were places you could come in, but we also had radio security walking the campus perimeter and in the morning and afternoon they walked the neighborhood. 
This is a local govt state issue, that I think local police should be present at EVERY school doing their job of protecting the citizens of their community. We don't need 10 cops at every school, but 1-2 showing presence and walking the perimeter and campus occasionally, especially there during arrival and departure times. Rather than a cop sitting in the Walmart parking lot waiting to arrest someone who stole a $10 shirt or a $15 ham stuffed in their clothes.

Gun control is a gigantic issue that will not be solved to anyone's satisfaction anytime soon. Policing/patrolling the schools can happen now, same thing as sitting at a corner waiting for a car speeder, it just needs to be demanded by the local police dept. I do not believe public schools are considered federal property, so it would be a state/local issue on how they manage the school and probably protect the children. 
Wash DC can provide verbal support and maybe influence but they can't set policy.

It's like the mental health issue.....So anyone who has taken/prescribed any medication pertaining to mental health/depression cannot own a firearm? I doubt that ever happens, basically everyone then would fall into that box.
It's not an easy fix, protecting the schools should be easy.......
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2018 at 15:53
As an American and father and grandfather it certainly worries me....my grandaughter goes to high school in Indiana...plenty of  gun owners and pro gun acitvists around here. They have a biannual gun show/sale in my local town where the Country Fairgrounds are. One wonders if all the sales going on there are legal and proper.

It seems to me this is by far an American problem though it happens elsewhere also. There is a zeitgeist of guns and pioneer attitude that has never left America even after all these years after the 'west was won'.
I honestly believe there is a 'mentality' in a certain segment of American society that actually believes all the paranoid rhetoric about the need to own guns to protect themselves from others as well as the NWO conspiracy memes. Perhaps the mental issues are not only with the 'bad actors' who commit atrocious crimes  but with some others as well.
Haquin
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2018 at 16:45
It's sad but the truth is guns are not going anywhere. I agree the process to own/buy one is too easy and needs to change but that will take a lot of time and debate.

What needs no debate is protecting our kids in school, why schools have not been a priority since even before Sandy Hook is beyond me. State/local govt is the issue, they need to mandate that local authorities police the school grounds and make sure there is police presence daily. That can also happen much quicker than instructing willing teachers on how to use a firearm.

The local police already exist.........They need to be told to go and protect school grounds, I don't understand why this is not happening at every school.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>