Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Top 10s and lists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top 7 ELP Albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2020 at 11:43
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

^ Well, they should have called themselves Emerson, Berry & Palmer, then it would have made things a whole lot simpler for all of us, especially me. Smile

was it Berry difficult? LOLLOL
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2020 at 11:46
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

^ Well, they should have called themselves Emerson, Berry & Palmer, then it would have made things a whole lot simpler for all of us, especially me. Smile

Yes, it's as difficult as Brain Salad Surgery. Smile
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2020 at 11:58

Yes, it's as difficult as Brain Salad Surgery. Smile

oh, so not so difficult. LOL
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2020 at 14:13

1. Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Pictures at an Exhibition
Tarkus
Welcome Back My Friends....
Trilogy
Works Vol. 1
7. Brain Salad Surgery

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2020 at 14:37
Top 7 update, with Sean Trane's votes added:-

1. Trilogy (88 points)
2. Brain Salad Surgery (77 points)
3. Tarkus (74 points)
4. Emerson, Lake & Palmer (73 points)
5. Pictures at an Exhibition (40 points)
6. Works Volume 1 (31 points)
7. Welcome Back My Friends (17 points)

8. Emerson, Lake & Powell (16 points)
9. Black Moon (10 points)
10. Works Volume 2 (5 points)

11. Love Beach (1 point) Ouch Shocked Confused Cry Ermm Stern Smile
Spacegod87 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spacegod87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2020 at 22:03
1. Emerson, Lake and Palmer
2. Tarkus
3. Brain Salad Surgery
4. Trilogy
5. Pictures at an Exhibition
6. Works Vol. 1

I don't have an opinion on the rest.
Levitating downwards,
atomic feedback scream.
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2020 at 22:26

Top 7 update, with Sean Trane's votes added:-

1. Trilogy (88 points)
2. Brain Salad Surgery (77 points)
3. Tarkus (74 points)
4. Emerson, Lake & Palmer (73 points)
5. Pictures at an Exhibition (40 points)
6. Works Volume 1 (31 points)
7. Welcome Back My Friends (17 points)

<span style="font-size: 10px;"></span>

1. Tarkus
2. Brain Salad Surgery
3. Trilogy
4. Works Volume 1
5. Pictures At An Exhibition
6. Welcome Back My Friends
7. Emerson, Lake And Palmer
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
iluvmarillion View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iluvmarillion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2020 at 22:52

^ Yes, Love Beach is far more listenable and easy on my ears than Brain Salad Surgery and Trilogy, although I know many here will disagree with me, but that's okay. I'm accustomed to being ridiculed for my bizarre album rankings by now.  Smile
Just a suggestion but when you rank bands it would be wise to qualify your opinions with the words, "At this point of time", because your views and tastes generally change over time according to the number of times you play a piece of music, what other music you play over time and personal taste in particular music. Nothing at all wrong with preferring Love Beach to Trilogy except to set in stone a preference for Love Beach over Trilogy. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 01:09
Originally posted by iluvmarillion iluvmarillion wrote:

^ Yes, Love Beach is far more listenable and easy on my ears than Brain Salad Surgery and Trilogy, although I know many here will disagree with me, but that's okay. I'm accustomed to being ridiculed for my bizarre album rankings by now.  Smile
Just a suggestion but when you rank bands it would be wise to qualify your opinions with the words, "At this point of time", because your views and tastes generally change over time according to the number of times you play a piece of music, what other music you play over time and personal taste in particular music. Nothing at all wrong with preferring Love Beach to Trilogy except to set in stone a preference for Love Beach over Trilogy. 
None of my rankings and ratings are set in stone, but I'll stick with them for the time being. I remember being disappointed with the technically demanding Brain Salad Surgery album when I first heard it back in the 1970's and I'm still not a big fan of the album over 40 years later. Confused

Regarding Love Beach, I only heard the album for the first time last week, and I may grow to love the album even more over time. Then again, maybe I won't. Smile
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 02:05

None of my rankings and ratings are set in stone, but I'll stick with them for the time being. I remember being disappointed with the technically demanding Brain Salad Surgery album when I first heard it back in the 1970's and I'm still not a big fan of the album over 40 years later. Confused

Regarding Love Beach, I only heard the album for the first time last week, and I may grow to love the album even more over time. Then again, maybe I won't. Smile

Here we are again "Love Beach" the honest truth is side two is excellent the first side is awful imho. But ah different strokes for different folks...Wink   
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 02:25
Originally posted by geekfreak geekfreak wrote:

Here we are again "Love Beach" the honest truth is side two is excellent the first side is awful imho. But ah different strokes for different folks...Wink   
After all the bad things I'd heard about ELP's much-derided Love Beach album, I was surprised to find myself actually liking the album, but I'm in general agreement with you: the Officer and a Gentleman suite on Side Two is much better than the Pop songs on Side One. Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 04:56
Top 7 update with GeekFreak and SpaceGod87's votes added:-

1. Trilogy (98 points)
2. Tarkus (94 points)
3. Brain Salad Surgery (91 points)
4. Emerson, Lake & Palmer (86 points)
5. Pictures at an Exhibition (46 points)
6. Works Volume 1 (37 points)
7. Welcome Back My Friends (19 points)

Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 04:58

Top 7 update with GeekFreak and SpaceGod87's votes added:-

1. Trilogy (98 points)
2. Tarkus (94 points)
3. Brain Salad Surgery (91 points)
4. Emerson, Lake & Palmer (86 points)
5. Pictures at an Exhibition (46 points)
6. Works Volume 1 (37 points)
7. Welcome Back My Friends (19 points)

ok Paul, you can stop crying about Love Beach, or you'll run out of emoticons, or I'll post the cheesy and awful lyrics and ruin it for you. LOL

Edited by Cristi - December 01 2020 at 05:05
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 05:03
^ Don't worry. I've already come to the conclusion that Love Beach isn't going to be shown much love around here, and no amount of crying is going to change that.  Tongue
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 05:10

ok Paul, you can stop crying about Love Beach, or you'll run out of emoticons, or I'll post the cheesy and awful lyrics and ruin it for you. LOL
LOL
(sings)
"We can make it to love beach.
Where pirate moons, throw silver spoons
Across the waves to you."
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 05:14
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

LOL
(sings)
"We can make it to love beach.
Where pirate moons, throw silver spoons
Across the waves to you."

oMG! 
LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 05:22
^ They sound like the lyrics to a Bee Gees song, but in a good way, not in a bad way.  Smile

Cheesy lyrics are one of my guilty pleasures. After all, who can forget Barry Manilow's "Bermuda Triangle, You gotta see it from my angle." Tongue
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 05:28

^ They sound like the lyrics to a Bee Gees song, but in a good way, not in a bad way.  Smile

Cheesy lyrics are one of my guilty pleasures. After all, who can forget Barry Manilow's "Bermuda Triangle, You gotta see it from my angle." Tongue

those are bad, not cheesy, like a poem with crappy metaphors. LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 06:28
Here's a nice love song for you from the Love Beach album. Smile Heart Thumbs Up

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2020 at 06:44
ELP have what I consider to be one of the all-time worst lyrics, and that's on BSS -

"Every day a little sadder, a  little madder, someone get me a ladder".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>