Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Chick Corea Memorium Poll #1: Return to Forever
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chick Corea Memorium Poll #1: Return to Forever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Which is your favorite RTF album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
15 [33.33%]
7 [15.56%]
1 [2.22%]
21 [46.67%]
1 [2.22%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2023 at 11:01
I really heartily disliked Romantic Warrior (have not listened to it in many years), and it was one of my earliest forays into the JRF we have at this site back in 2004/2005 due to the acclaim it received. I hugely prefer Chick Corea's Return to Forever album, and I much preferred Light as a Feather, and also Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy (not listened to Hymn much, but...)
Just a music fan passing through trying to fill some void. Various music I am into now: a youtube playlist
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2023 at 11:29
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

... it represents everything that went/was wrong with this sort of "mainstream fusion" in the mid-to late 1970's. Soulless, sterile w**kery.

Very late comment, but I just like this expression very much and find it so incisive when talking about much of the '80s mainstream Jazz-Rock/Fusion. Tongue 

Edited by David_D - August 24 2023 at 11:39
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2023 at 11:56
I remember buying 'Romantic Warrior' in 1976 purely because of the fantastic cover artwork.

I was very impressed with the music when I got it home.

Great record! Smile
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2023 at 04:52
Originally posted by Octopus II Octopus II wrote:

I remember buying 'Romantic Warrior' in 1976 purely because of the fantastic cover artwork.

I was very impressed with the music when I got it home.

Great record! Smile

I also remember very well Romantic Warrior at the time of its release, as I was very much RtF aficionado due to my loving of Where Have You... The Warrior was though a bit of dissapointment for me already at that time, but I surely feel some nostalgic attachment to it today. I'm also happy about my pristine vinyl copy of the original UK release of this album. Tongue

David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2023 at 05:45

What I also think is, ROMANTIC Warrior should sound more organic than synthetic, and more heavy - looking at the artwork. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123