Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Modern Prog: Fifth Album

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Which is your favourite album?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [6.94%]
4 [5.56%]
5 [6.94%]
2 [2.78%]
9 [12.50%]
2 [2.78%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [2.78%]
1 [1.39%]
8 [11.11%]
3 [4.17%]
2 [2.78%]
4 [5.56%]
3 [4.17%]
9 [12.50%]
1 [1.39%]
4 [5.56%]
4 [5.56%]
2 [2.78%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [2.78%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2022 at 09:55
Some great albums here - it's Pendragon for me.
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2022 at 10:03
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Some great albums here - it's Pendragon for me.

I voted for Mostly Autumn in every poll, although Pallas and Pendragon run a pretty close second. Smile
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2022 at 10:44
Apparently I voted in this poll without commenting, which is something I hardly ever do. I'm not sure if I voted for Swans' Children of God or Guapo's Black Oni at the time, both are masterpieces in my opinion, as is the Talk Talk. My other faves are the Present, Cardiacs, and Thinking Plague. Definitely my favourite for quite some time would be Children of God. That is to me an amazing album, with plenty of contrast.   As uploaded by Swans to youtube, here is the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m6Xu1PXQ8T-xG06qu5d2VlCItELtHIZpY

And here is a languorous and pretty little song off it sung by Jarboe:

It is one of my all-time favourite albums now. I adore it.

While it's the earliest Swans album that I would now recommend to those into more melodic and beautiful, after that over a few albums it gets more accessible from that music standpoint still, I think. Not recommending this to you Paul even if I think you would appreciate much of it due to your start to finish in the discography policy, but this is a live album from Swans (now out of print) from 1992 that covers some of the band's more accessible period. I think it's great. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHP7bAjOIkpDJcM5BQQzwuOTTuioW15-m
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2022 at 11:07
Lot of VG opus , Iq for me
Archisorcerus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Archisorcerus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2022 at 11:11
I'll vote for SB here, though there are many others that I also like very much.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2022 at 04:33
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

Apparently I voted in this poll without commenting, which is something I hardly ever do. I'm not sure if I voted for Swans' Children of God or Guapo's Black Oni at the time, both are masterpieces in my opinion, as is the Talk Talk. My other faves are the Present, Cardiacs, and Thinking Plague. Definitely my favourite for quite some time would be Children of God. That is to me an amazing album, with plenty of contrast.   As uploaded by Swans to youtube, here is the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_m6Xu1PXQ8T-xG06qu5d2VlCItELtHIZpY

While it's the earliest Swans album that I would now recommend to those into more melodic and beautiful, after that over a few albums it gets more accessible from that music standpoint still, I think. Not recommending this to you Paul even if I think you would appreciate much of it due to your start to finish in the discography policy, but this is a live album from Swans (now out of print) from 1992 that covers some of the band's more accessible period. I think it's great. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHP7bAjOIkpDJcM5BQQzwuOTTuioW15-m

It says "Video  Unavailable", but I clicked on your link and had a brief listen to some of the songs on Swans' Omniscience album, which certainly made a welcome change from the unlistenable songs on their first three albums. Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2022 at 06:01
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I bought my first album by the Swans today, just on the strength of your recommendation, but it sounds so different to what I expected, you'd think it was a different group entirely. I'd like to hear more of the Swans albums, If I Only Had Time. Wink

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - July 01 2022 at 06:02
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2022 at 13:20
Spock,s Bread 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123