12 [30.00%]
2 [5.00%]
12 [30.00%]
2 [5.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2023 at 12:29
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

gentle bump for this nice poll! Smile

You can never have too much Neo Prog. I've been on a British Neo Prog marathon for the last six months, having listened to 120 artists and 550+ albums, and here are some of the best albums that Neo Prog has to offer between the years 2000 and 2019. Who says Neo Prog was over by 1987? Tongue

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2023 at 21:14
Subterranea was my favourite album for a while and even got to see the band perform it in its entirety in London back in the day. Nowadays very rarely listen to it. I lost interest in Marillion around The Strange Engine but then did buy Marbles based on recommendations here but havent played it much. I know a litlle bit about the other bands but havent played them much. I often think that IQ and Arena are the only traditional neo prog bands I feel that invested in and enjoy that much. IQ have long been a favourite of mine although they've had some rocky moments and if Nicholls hadn't returned they would have been dead and buried a long time ago. Arena were one of the prog revival bands of the 90's and arguably only Dream Theater and Spocks Beard were more succesfull at that time.They captured the more powerful sound that was needed to move the neo thing onwards. I like their last album a lot but have still never seem them live which is a shame and probably my fault no doubt.
Lumenko View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lumenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2023 at 02:08
"Marbles"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123