FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDimebag died. :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 18:23
Originally posted by gdub411 gdub411 wrote:

I'll just shut up and be the good forum go'er I guess. Opinions are to be abolished unless they fall into line with Peter's way of  thinking.

Oh oh er Greg, oh dear...Shocked

Just remembered Peter's won the Presidente Poll.

Into the woodchipper you go !LOL

Proghead View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 18:25
Bilden “http://www.implements.freeserve.co.uk/PTO300H_woodchipper_demo_CCC.3.gif” kan inte visas, då den innehåller fel.
Reed Lover View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 18:26

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Clap

Dan Bobrowski View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 18:46

Opinions are to be abolished unless they fall into line with Peter's way of  thinking.

That's absurd. Peter's backed off on many subjects that have potential for becoming inflammatory. Your comments would only hurt the feelings of those who do CARE for the man. It would have better to say nothing at all than something which would cause someone unnecessary pain.

Believe me, if you lost someone, we'd be there for you. Don't be callous.

I lost a friend a few months ago. He was shot. The people here were supportive and not one single person said anything like, "I don't care." If they had, I would have been crushed, kinda like I am right now as I write this.

If you can't offer support at a tragic event, then offer nothing, it's better then a slap.

Sorry, I got pissed.

Eddy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 19:46
yea i heard about dimebag. othough i dont listen to them that often, i admire their music. my best friend loves that band and he wasnt to happy at school today. damn crazy fans who shoot their favorite bands. i heard that the reason the fan shot the people was because he was unhappy of ther breakup. damn crazy SON of a *(%%*&! and gdub, your not usually this unemotional! this is not gdub! too bad dikebag died thouhg. to bad people have to die in general. man dying SUCKS
Bryan View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 19:53

Hmmmmm.....I don't care!

Robots are fast and efficient.

Peter View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 21:00

I'll just shut up and be the good forum go'er I guess. Opinions are to be abolished unless they fall into line with Peter's way of  thinking.

I'm not the Forum's moderator, Gdub. Like yours, my opinions are those of one man. Post what you like, but you shouldn't expect highly contentious/insensitive remarks to go unanswered.Stern Smile

What I found particularly irksome was your presuming to know how the rest of us think, feel, and react to news of a tragedy.

Now, let's get past this bit of unpleasantness, OK?Smile

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.
madgo2 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 22:01

I never listened to Dimebag's stuff but he had a nice little article for a while in Guitar World or one of those magazines and I use to enjoy reading his column.  I found him to be a nice enough guy.  It is a shame that there are these tradgedies at rock shows.  Last year we had the fire in Rhode Island and of course there are other less notable incidents but they seem to happen all too often.  When did violence have to become associated with rock music anyway...I doubt the same thing would happen at a Yes show...I guess you live by the sword and die by it.  From what I hear they were trying to bring back the hell raising and I think hell was raised.  Damn as Janes Addiction said" Nothings Shocking"  and really I am surprised this doesn't happen more often.  It is a tradgedy whether you like his music or not. 

He whom life can no longer surprise
Man Overboard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2004 at 22:20
I dunno, there was a pretty nasty fight on the Yes/Kansas tour...  Rick Wakeman and Richard Williams got into a real brawl over the last curry.  

(Pretend that Wakeman was part of that tour.)
Joren View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 05:03

Originally posted by Reed Lover Reed Lover wrote:

I saw Judas Priest on stage once. The whole f**king lot of them should have been shot.Dead

Why?

Proghead View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 10:06

Blessings From The Pope

The Pope ended his sermon with the Latin phrase "Tuti Homini" … Blessed be Mankind.

A woman's rights group approached the Pope the next day to mention that he blessed all Mankind but not Womankind.

The next day, after His sermon, the Pope concluded by saying, "Tuti Homini, et Tuti Femini" … Blessed be Mankind and Womankind.

The next day a gay-rights group approached the Pope. They said they noticed that he blessed Mankind and Womankind, and asked if he could also bless gay people. The Pope said, "Of course."

The next day the Pope concluded his sermon with, "Tuti Homini, et Tuti Femini, et Tuti Fruiti."

frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 15:52
i am not a huge pantera fan but i love heavy metal and i knew how important darrell was to the genre. He was a legendary man who will be missed. The whole incident was terrible.

this site has some nice quotes from some of his friends including megadeth, metallica, ozzy, slayer etc which i thought were quite moving

http://www.officialpantera.com
The Worthless Recluse
frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 15:54
Originally posted by Joren Joren wrote:

I saw Judas Priest on stage once. The whole f**king lot of them should have been shot.Dead

Why?

ok so you hate judas priest like many people. but its still f**king harsh to say something like that on a tribute page to a legendary guitarist who was tragically shot to death. have some respect... and sense!
The Worthless Recluse
Reed Lover View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 16:07
Originally posted by frenchie frenchie wrote:

Why?

ok so you hate judas priest like many people. but its still f**king harsh to say something like that on a tribute page to a legendary guitarist who was tragically shot to death. have some respect... and sense!

In case of what, exactly?Confused

This thread was not paying tribute to a legendary guitarist merely acknowledging the news item. I was trying to show that black humour is a part of what we are and that people over-react when it suits them to act sanctimoniously.Hence the silly reaction to the even sillier post by Gdub.

Do not lecture me about respect, or sense for that matter.I doubt if there is anyone here who has not laughed at a joke or text which has been at the expense of some poor person who has been mentioned in the news.This is called black humour, I did not invent it.

eg:

Q: Did you hear about Michael Jackson's latest song?
A: "Don't let your son go down on me."

Now, this "joke" is typical of the thousands that do the rounds.It does not take into account either Michael Jackson's feelings if he is innocent nor the feelings of certain individuals and their families if he is not.

DO I HAVE TO GO ON WITH THIS?????????????????????????????

"f**king" grow up!Angry

Edited by Reed Lover

Pixel Pirate View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 16:18

Why?

This thread was not paying tribute to a legendary guitarist merely acknowledging the news item. I was trying to show that black humour is a part of what we are and that people over-react when it suits them to act sanctimoniously.Hence the silly reaction to the even sillier post by Gdub.

Do not lecture me about respect, or sense for that matter.I doubt if there is anyone here who has not laughed at a joke or text which has been at the expense of some poor person who has been mentioned in the news.This is called black humour, I did not invent it.

eg:

Now, this "joke" is typical of the thousands that do the rounds.It does not take into account either Michael Jackson's feelings if he is innocent nor the feelings of certain individuals and their families if he is not.

"f**king" grow up!Angry

I'm with you 100% on this,Reed. See,we're not very different at all,really....

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo.
Pixel Pirate View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 16:18
Great Michael Jackson joke by the way.
Odi profanum vulgus et arceo.
frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 16:22

Why?

eg:

"f**king" grow up!Angry

stress bomb!
The Worthless Recluse
frenchie View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 16:24

Why?

eg:

"f**king" grow up!Angry

ok ok fair enough. jus its shocked me so much. dont wanna be bitter but maybe that black humour was a little inappropriate and cud annoy some people like me. i dont wanna pick a fight.
The Worthless Recluse
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 16:28

Why?

eg:

"f**king" grow up!Angry

ok ok fair enough. jus its shocked me so much. dont wanna be bitter but maybe that black humour was a little inappropriate and cud annoy some people like me. i dont wanna pick a fight.

hmm i can see where you are both coming from.

anyway focusing on darrell. you will be very missed. legendary man.
threefates View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2004 at 17:19
Originally posted by DaRube DaRube wrote:

Originally posted by Pixel Pirate Pixel Pirate wrote:

Every time I read of one these tragic and insane incidents,it's always in America. Why is it that that type of lunatic springs so easily from American soil? Why do we never hear of similar incidents in Lichtenstein? Or Denmark? Or Germany? What is about American society that breeds these gun toting maniacs?

Hey Pixel, how far are you from Sweden?  Do the names Anna Lindh and Olaf Palme mean anything to you.

How about Denmark?  How about Pim Fortuyn?

Oh, and here's one closer to home. http://www.aftenposten.no/english/local/article924447.ece

Google tells lots.

Tragic about Darrell, though, and I'm not even a Pantera fan.  Of course this will lead to changes in how concerts are presented.  More security will be put in place (which I don't mind), but the costs will be passed on ... and some artists will be more reluctant.

Absolutely.. this is not a tragedy just for this country, but a very worldwide one.  The reason you hear more about ours is because our media is better and faster, and get it out when its more relevant.

I understand he was upset because Darrell left Pantera and formed his own band.  Roger Waters better be looking over his shoulder now...

THIS IS ELP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>