Topic ClosedConcert memories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 17:36
Originally posted by Reed Lover Reed Lover wrote:

Originally posted by Richardw Richardw wrote:

I remember like it was yesterday, seeing Rush at Newcastle City Hall in 1977. Fantastic set list, very similar to 'All The World's A Stage'; plus a pre album 'Xanadu' and a fantastic 'By-Tor' with 'The Necromancer' added. Brilliant. I saw the 'Farewell To Kings', 'Hemispheres' and 'Permanent Waves' tours too. Superb all. Steve Hillage's 'Live Herald' tour was a joy to behold too.

Richard, have you got "Different Stages" with that wonderfully nostalgic 3rd disc?

No Reed. I havent got 'Different Stages'. Am i missing something? The last Rush album i bought was 'Permanent Waves'. I kind of lost interest after that. I bought the DVD of Rush in Rio, and the material i hadnt' heard seemed pretty good. I may re-visit their back catalogue some time.

Menswear View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2005 at 21:30

For our 4th wedding anniversary, I decided to bring her to Rush The Vapor Trails Tour 2003. I know she liked a good proportions of Rush songs and I believed it could be fun for our couple. Anyway, we were 25ft from the stage and I honestly can say that I had the greatest time with my wonderful wife.

I remember her being so short and standing on her seat holding my shoulder to be sure not falling down.

Just hearing her scream in my poor ears: "Man, these guys are good. Hey!! Fire is coming out the stage! Look honey, little dragons! Woo-hoooooo! Is that on drums the legend of drums? Wow I can touch the lasers with my hands! Oh I love that song!(red sector a). That Alex guy sure is funny. Hey honey, give me a sip of that beer..."LOL

That night was at first to please me. But in the end, believe me, seeing her eyes sparkled, her little legs jump and her little butt wiggle on By-Tor and the Snow Dog...I was just thrilled to live my life with her.Heart

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123