Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPOP music...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Do you listen to any POP music?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
25 [50.00%]
19 [38.00%]
6 [12.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2006 at 21:47
sting,the cars,the knack,ultravox.paralamas do sucesso,los pericos  ...but i never fall so down to listen madonna,prince or some like that.

Edited by markosherrera - November 30 2006 at 21:52
Fede View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 17:59
I have Michael Jackson's "Thriller" Thumbs Up

This is the only pop album I own, a total classic Clap

magnus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 18:40
About ten years ago, my adolescent mind was very open and I was the typical music-listener of today, what mattered was an easy-to-remember melody and a catchy chorus. As a result, these are some of the things I was exposed to(and admittedly, I enjoyed some of it as well!):
Aqua - YES, I DID enjoy Barbie Girl and their other cartoon-erotic hits to a certain degree, but I was only seven! what did I know? and Lene Nystrøm was hot
Backstreet Boys - like all other boys my age, I wanted to be Nick Carter. Backstreet's Back back then was to me like Take the Time is to me today.
The list could go on... but these painful memories are making me truly sad. I think I'll go cry in a corner for a while.

Luckily, I started listening to my brother's Metallica records in '97 or something like that. From there, it was all uphill :)

:edit: and yeah, I have to admit that some pop-tunes are simply too catchy some times... if I find myself watching music videos on MTV for more than 1 minute with the reason being anything else but half-naked chicks appealing to my primal mating instincts, I usually slap my self in the face.

Edited by magnus - December 02 2006 at 18:42
progismylife View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2006 at 18:43
Originally posted by magnus magnus wrote:

About ten years ago, my adolescent mind was very open and I was the typical music-listener of today, what mattered was an easy-to-remember melody and a catchy chorus. As a result, these are some of the things I was exposed to(and admittedly, I enjoyed some of it as well!):
Aqua - YES, I DID enjoy Barbie Girl and their other cartoon-erotic hits to a certain degree, but I was only seven! what did I know? and Lene Nystrøm was hot
Backstreet Boys - like all other boys my age, I wanted to be Nick Carter. Backstreet's Back back then was to me like Take the Time is to me today.
The list could go on... but these painful memories are making me truly sad. I think I'll go cry in a corner for a while.

Luckily, I started listening to my brother's Metallica records in '97 or something like that. From there, it was all uphill :)

Same for me, but I degraded into rap first, and called Led Zeppelin stupid . Then I listened to what my brother did and listened to what ever he listened to. Then he got a Rush cd and didn't like it. It went uphill from their for me. So I don't listen to pop anymore. Unless you count Simon and Garfunkel and The Beatles as pop.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123