Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Statement To The Press By Jon Anderson (re Yes+)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA Statement To The Press By Jon Anderson (re Yes+)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 09:28
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

I've met Squire, he's a dick.  I guess being told that you are the "best, most innovative Prog bassist, ever" for 40 years can get to you.  Backstage, he's mostly on the prowl for young tail.  

Howe is like an alien, he's the most antisocial rocker I've ever met (I've met many).  Anderson is as sweet as he seems, White is "hail, fellow, well met!" and Rick was very gracious and warm, he'd be a great politician!  

Thanks for the insight on the guys.  I got a good chuckle.  I would like some clarification on your impression of White sounds friendly but aloof?
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

zumacraig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2012 at 12:18
the thing is, about .o5% of the fan base even knows there was and will be a new singer.  most people go to a Yes show and are upset they didn't play Wheel in the Sky or Carry On My Wayward Son.  seriously,  i'd love to do an exit pole at one of roger water's wall shows to see how many folks thought they just saw pink floyd.  these are the people (the majority) that still crank the car stereo when More Than A Feeling by Boston comes on...after almost 40 years!  gotta love 'em.  btw, i do like some Boston sometimes.  Big smile

Quote from a family member..."I thought Robert Plant was the guitarist for Led Zeppelin and Keith Moon was the drummer.  He died right?"

Ahhhhh!  Wacko
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2012 at 08:23
Boston are cool. 
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2012 at 15:05
I think everybody on this site knows that I love this album...just to say about yes 1, 2, and 3...

Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2012 at 00:32
Latest bit of Yes drama, just posted to the "Official Yes Facebook Page"

FYI Everyone - The yesworld.com website was finally changed today to remove Benoit David. Interestingly, the site does NOT list Jon Davison as a member.

http://www.yesworld.com/

Indeed, that is the case!  Not that I am surprised, as Jon Davison and Glass Hammer have made it clear that he is "on loan" to Yes to fill in for the ailing Benoit David. 

However, is this a sign that B. David is being dumped, regardless of his health?  I'd venture to say "Yes" to that one!  

Thoughts?  

cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 00:40
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

I've met Squire, he's a dick.  I guess being told that you are the "best, most innovative Prog bassist, ever" for 40 years can get to you.  Backstage, he's mostly on the prowl for young tail.  

Howe is like an alien, he's the most antisocial rocker I've ever met (I've met many).  Anderson is as sweet as he seems, White is "hail, fellow, well met!" and Rick was very gracious and warm, he'd be a great politician!  

Thanks for the insight on the guys.  I got a good chuckle.  I would like some clarification on your impression of White sounds friendly but aloof?

Oh no, White was VERY friendly and not at all aloof!!   He and Wakeman would be the most likely to join us at the bar!  

I've met quite a few proggers....Bill Bruford has a great sense of humor, but he's not all that warm.  Fripp is charming and funny, but he also keeps an emotional distance, although he seemed genuinely interested in me as a professional.  

I keep bumping into Adrian Belew, he knows me but can't quite place me....my usual taunt is "Adrian!  I haven't seen you since Tulsa!!"  Which used to be true about 20 years ago!  Funny as hell!  

One of these days I'll strap the Rickenbacker 4001 bass back on and hit the stage.....stay tuned!  
40footwolf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2012 at 02:08
Originally posted by glassonyonpr glassonyonpr wrote:

music legend 

Modest, aren't we?
Heaven's made a cesspool of us all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123