Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEloy Discovery Zone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 16:48
Originally posted by richardh richardh wrote:

Originally posted by CCVP CCVP wrote:

Originally posted by dlz1965 dlz1965 wrote:

Actually, Eloy DID tour the USA in 1975 and it was a total disaster which led to the break up of that line-up. They played three dates in London in 1984 before breaking up again. For anyone interested, there are dozens of live bootlegs out there which give some idea as to their live sound. 

I guess it was a good thing then, because after 75 they released their masterpieces: Dawn and Ocean. Power and Passion isn't a very good album in any way.
eh?

It really isn't. I have most of their discography and that album is among their weakest efforts. It has some cool songs, but overall it is not as good as any album by Eloy up until Metromania.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 01:39

Actually, Eloy DID tour the USA in 1975 and it was a total disaster which led to the break up of that line-up. They played three dates in London in 1984 before breaking up again. For anyone interested, there are dozens of live bootlegs out there which give some idea as to their live sound. 

I guess it was a good thing then, because after 75 they released their masterpieces: Dawn and Ocean. Power and Passion isn't a very good album in any way.
eh?

It really isn't. I have most of their discography and that album is among their weakest efforts. It has some cool songs, but overall it is not as good as any album by Eloy up until Metromania.

thats a much better commentApprove. I was thinking Bells Of Notre Dame is one of their best songs

I do think it is a 'transition album' perhaps. Its also sounds a bit too much like Uriah Heep at times (not a good thingWink)
CCVP View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 10:10

eh?

thats a much better commentApprove. I was thinking Bells Of Notre Dame is one of their best songs

I do think it is a 'transition album' perhaps. Its also sounds a bit too much like Uriah Heep at times (not a good thingWink)

Indeed, a transition album.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 14:04
I love Eloy
More than almost any band I can think of, their albums represent a journey that one must take from beginning to end.  Like any journey, there will be parts you love and parts you hate, but you need all of them for the full experience.  My favorites are Inside, Dawn, Colours, Planets and Time to Turn.  My least favourite are the debut, Floating, Power and the Passion and Destination. 

And if you like Eloy, I recommend fellow Germans Dice.  Check out my reviews.  Anyone's Daughter would also be worth a try.

Edited by kenethlevine - May 22 2012 at 14:14
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2012 at 16:40
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

And if you like Eloy, I recommend fellow Germans Dice.
Noted. Full studio and live discography on Spotify, btw, for those who use that site.

Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

Check out my reviews.
I will.
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2012 at 14:07
Eloy was probably my first Internet discovery when I first got on-line back in 1997.  I remember finding Pendragon, which was disappointing since I was hoping to use that as the name of my band.  For some reason I still haven't listened to any of their music, except The World, which I didn't like at all really.

Anyway, probably from links on their site I came across Eloy, who sounded interesting.  So I bought Ocean and Silent Cries and loved both.  Silent Cries, while good, is such a Pink Floyd rip off it's not even funny (the first track particularly, but also the second to a lesser degree).  That doesn't keep it from being a good album though, as I always loved Floyd.

There were not a lot of their albums available back then, so I got a couple compilations that were a good selection.  I have since picked up a number of their albums, and my personal favorite is Dawn.  I still need to get Inside and Floating, though I have songs from both on a compilation.  The Live album is probably going to be my next purchase of Eloy, along with Inside and Floating.  I had not heard good things about the debut album, even Bourneman doesn't seem to like it.  But based on reviews and comments here I think I might have to check it out anyway.  The 80's and later stuff doesn't do a lot for me.  I do like the first half of Ocean 2, and The Tides Return Forever does have a few good tracks, and I like the Planets/Time To Turn two album concept a lot as well, but not Colours or Metromania (never heard Performance).  Though I have not heard Visionary......probably pick that up when I see them live this summer at Nearfest.  I am looking forward to seeing them live, as I never have and I'm guessing they put on a good show.

The vocals are always the sticking point for this band, and they can get on my nerves at times, but for the most part I think they are fine.  The music makes up for any shortcomings in that area.  Also, as mentioned before, they make Eloy "Eloy" and not some other band. 

Edited by infandous - May 23 2012 at 14:10
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2012 at 18:54
Another big Eloy fan here. I'm weird...I actually like Frank's vocals! And yes, Klaus-Peter Matziol is a fantastic bass player.
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 01:28
Originally posted by infandous infandous wrote:

Eloy was probably my first Internet discovery when I first got on-line back in 1997.  I remember finding Pendragon, which was disappointing since I was hoping to use that as the name of my band.  For some reason I still haven't listened to any of their music, except The World, which I didn't like at all really.

Anyway, probably from links on their site I came across Eloy, who sounded interesting.  So I bought Ocean and Silent Cries and loved both.  Silent Cries, while good, is such a Pink Floyd rip off it's not even funny (the first track particularly, but also the second to a lesser degree).  That doesn't keep it from being a good album though, as I always loved Floyd.

There were not a lot of their albums available back then, so I got a couple compilations that were a good selection.  I have since picked up a number of their albums, and my personal favorite is Dawn.  I still need to get Inside and Floating, though I have songs from both on a compilation.  The Live album is probably going to be my next purchase of Eloy, along with Inside and Floating.  I had not heard good things about the debut album, even Bourneman doesn't seem to like it.  But based on reviews and comments here I think I might have to check it out anyway.  The 80's and later stuff doesn't do a lot for me.  I do like the first half of Ocean 2, and The Tides Return Forever does have a few good tracks, and I like the Planets/Time To Turn two album concept a lot as well, but not Colours or Metromania (never heard Performance).  Though I have not heard Visionary......probably pick that up when I see them live this summer at Nearfest.  I am looking forward to seeing them live, as I never have and I'm guessing they put on a good show.

The vocals are always the sticking point for this band, and they can get on my nerves at times, but for the most part I think they are fine.  The music makes up for any shortcomings in that area.  Also, as mentioned before, they make Eloy "Eloy" and not some other band. 
Colours is another transition album like Power and The Passion when they then followed with a couple of 'masterpeices'. The opening track on Colours is a real killer though so I would always recommend it for that alone.

Edited by richardh - May 24 2012 at 01:29
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 10:44
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Another big Eloy fan here. I'm weird...I actually like Frank's vocals! And yes, Klaus-Peter Matziol is a fantastic bass player.

I like Frank's vocals too.    
eloymaster View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 17:17
Just a correction to an older post here. ELOY never played live in the US.
The planned Neafest appearance this year unfortunately had to be cancelled due to lead singer Frank Bornemann's accident with the bike back in March this year.
You should check the song 'Age of insanity' on Visionary. One of their best pieces, and the lyrics are really great.
Also I think Eloy are very unique and in my opinion there is no band you can compare them with. Of course they have their influences e.g. from Pink Floyd - but there is really no other band around which comes close to them. The band 'Dice' is nice, but they really have nothing to do with Eloy.

Zombywoof View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 18:02
Originally posted by eloymaster eloymaster wrote:

Just a correction to an older post here. ELOY never played live in the US.The planned Neafest appearance this year unfortunately had to be cancelled due to lead singer Frank Bornemann's accident with the bike back in March this year.

Man, this sucks!! I was really looking forward to seeing them. My best to Frank and his family.
Continue the prog discussion here: http://zombyprog.proboards.com/index.cgi ...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 08:48

Just a correction to an older post here. ELOY never played live in the US.
The planned Neafest appearance this year unfortunately had to be cancelled due to lead singer Frank Bornemann's accident with the bike back in March this year.
You should check the song 'Age of insanity' on Visionary. One of their best pieces, and the lyrics are really great.
Also I think Eloy are very unique and in my opinion there is no band you can compare them with. Of course they have their influences e.g. from Pink Floyd - but there is really no other band around which comes close to them. The band 'Dice' is nice, but they really have nothing to do with Eloy.

agreed about Age of Insanity.  By far my favourite track from Visionary
infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 10:42
Originally posted by Zombywoof Zombywoof wrote:

Just a correction to an older post here. ELOY never played live in the US.The planned Neafest appearance this year unfortunately had to be cancelled due to lead singer Frank Bornemann's accident with the bike back in March this year.

Man, this sucks!! I was really looking forward to seeing them. My best to Frank and his family.

Yeah, this was just announced yesterday, and the organizers were only told a week ago.  Everyone was hoping he would be fully recovered in time for Nearfest, but his doctor told him if he traveled or played a gig, his injuries could become permanent.  No gig is worth that.

They already have a band lined up as replacement, to be announced very soon.  In any case, I was really looking forward to seeing them, most likely this was the only chance I was ever going to get.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2012 at 10:53
yeah it's disappointing.  I feel badly for Frank, and empathetic as a fellow cyclist.   I was not able to get a NEARfest ticket but was looking forward to hearing about the show.  
The_Jester View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2012 at 09:49
< ="" ="text/" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0"> I don't know a thing on Eloy so, wich album would you recommend me? The only thing I heard of them was a crappy song from the 80's that sounded a bit like Owner of a Lonely Heart.
La victoire est éphémère mais la gloire est éternelle!

- Napoléon Bonaparte
dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2012 at 22:46
^ Maybe 'Ocean' or 'Silent Cries...' ? Though I like their earlier albums and a few later ones too, they are fairly solid efforts
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
JazzMusicArchives.
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2012 at 03:22
I was able to get 6 Eloy albums from ebay but cant get hold of Metromania, Ra or Planets for a decent price. I wonder if they are worth getting or if anyone could tell me any decent songs from those albums. I can hear them on spotify too to check out albums. No disappointments yet I must admit.

infandous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2012 at 09:17
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

I was able to get 6 Eloy albums from ebay but cant get hold of Metromania, Ra or Planets for a decent price. I wonder if they are worth getting or if anyone could tell me any decent songs from those albums. I can hear them on spotify too to check out albums. No disappointments yet I must admit.

Well, Planets is part 1 of the concept album that was supposed to be a double but the record company would not allow.  Time to Turn is the second part, so if you get Time To Turn, you really have to have Planets as well.  Actually, the concept is not entirely clear from the music anyway, but musically, they are similar spacey synth heavy rock.  I love them both, but find Time to Turn a bit better.  Ra is terrible 80's music to my ears, and I've not heard all of Metromania, but the songs I have heard are a heavier space rock than Planets/Time to Turn.

Try Greg Walker (synphonic.com), he might have them cheaper.  Possibly laser's edge as well.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2012 at 20:24
 ^^^ cheers!

Time for some reviews

Here's 2 reviews from more recent Eloy - both deserve at least 3 stars IMHO.

VISIONARY - 2009

Visionary by ELOY album cover

3 stars A decade later Eloy return with "Visionary" to celebrate their 40th Anniversary, and of course there was much anticipation with this return of one of the most beloved prog acts hailing from the 70s and continuing indefinitely it seems. The real question is whether this album will live up to the reputation of Eloy or will it flop dreadfully. I am delighted to report that this album is a real grower and features some incredible compositions, not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination but this is one of the better releases of the recent Eloy albums. It is the consistent quality and effort put into every track that is most rewarding and at least 3 of these tracks deserve a listen by any progheads out there.

It begins with some subdued material in the form of a straight forward uptempo rocker 'The Refuge', with an AOR feel similar to the material on "The Tides Return Forever". The riffs are nothing special though there is some exceptional lead breaks from Bornemann. Hearing his distinct vocals is like returning to an old friend; Eloy are impoverished without this uniqueness. The renaissance flute here by Volker Kuinke works well to accompany the layers of synths.

'The Secret' is immediately back to the spacey quality of Eloy. It is a slow meandering song with far too many vocals and not enough symphonic key boards. I like the way the vocals though at first are processed to sound like vintage psychedelic prog. The feel is more poppier in the chorus and the uplifting melody is repeated ad infinitum and, as a result, becomes quite tiresome after an initial listen.

'Age of Insanity' is where the brilliance begins for me; a stunning song that I could hear over and over. This one has everything from the heavy guitar riffs to Michael Gerlach's beautiful synth lines. There is a powerful roaming bassline from Klaus-Peter Matziol that mesmirises. Bornemann even returns to his infamous narrations on this one, similar to "Ocean". The instrumental section is dynamic with Gerlach sizzling on keyboards creating stellar spacey soundscapes.

'The Challenge (Time to Turn part 2)' is the next highlight; space rock with an extraordinary rhythmic bassline driving it headlong. The loud synths are dramatic and pleasurable to the ear. There is a strong melody and it feels quite majestic, especially the way it builds in the chorus. It sounds purposely like the material on "Time to Turn" and this is a good thing. I love the way Anke Renner and Tina Lux's vocals balance out Bornemann's delivery. At 4:30 there is a welcome lead break, simple but organic with the bassline and sustained synths. The drumming on this by Bodo Schopf is also a step up from recent Eloy albums. Overall this is a spirited comeback thus far.

'Summernight Symphony' is the most symphonic feeling more like vintage Eloy of the 70s. The music is very measured like a cool summer breeze. There is a strong orchestration on keyboards and Bornemann's vocals are pleasant, with sweet-natured lyrics; "We share a dream enchanted by an overwhelming atmosphere, just you and I beneath the sky, side by side we're soaring high." The pretty melody works as a break from the rockier tracks previous.

'Mystery: The Secret part 2' is a continuum of part one but far better with more keyboard soloing to indulge in. The longest track on the album, Eloy attempt to throw in all of their patented ideas from previous albums but it doesn't come off as a highlight as sometimes less is more. However, it is still a decent composition, that could have been trimmed particularly the opening section that takes an eternity to get to its destination. The guitar riffs are nicely accomplished but Bornemann could have launched into a soaring lead break but restrains himself and yet this is a drawcard of his 70s musicianship, such as 'Castle in the Air' and 'Madhouse' that feature his guitar work at its finest.

'Thoughts' is a short acoustically driven conclusion but after a few slower songs it would have been beneficial to include an uptempo track to wake us up.

Overall, "Visionary" has a lot of merit to recommend it, and although it does not measure up to the adventurous classic 70s material it is still a great album. The band tend to steer clear of lengthy inventive soloing and opt instead for arena anthemic choruses and a plethora of vocals, and this is not necessarily a good thing. However, driven by melody and spacey atmospheres, it should appeal to Eloy fans and those who enjoy the mellow side of prog.

THE TIDES RETURN FOREVER - 1994

The Tides Return Forever by ELOY album cover

3 stars Eloy's huge comeback album sounds very similar to the comeback album of Yes' "Fly From Here" where symphonic prog meets AOR and for the most part it is a pleasant experience. The songs are surprisingly upbeat Arena rock for Eloy and there are some excellent tracks to make it worthwhile. Of course Eloy's peak was in the seventies but they are still able to generate some inspiring music on each of their more recent albums. "The Tides Return Forever" ranks as a good album for Eloy, but to call this a masterpiece is really taking things too far, it is far from it.

The album begins well enough with 'The Day of Crimson Skies', with tons of synths and a nice guitar sound. The vocals are crystal clear and have that unique accent of Bornemann that I have been accustomed to on all of Eloy's releases. It is a decent song but nothing incredible, and is driven with strong melody and bright, perky musicianship, sounding like Yes in all respects.

'Fatal Illusions' returns to the 70's spacey soundscapes with swathes of synth lines and interstellar atmospherics. The Pink Floydian intro works well along with the solid drumming that soon kicks in. The musicianship is astounding on this and the vocals are again very easy on the ears. The chorus reminds me of the sound of Mostly Autumn and the lyrics are similar to compositions by Ayreon; "Here we are on the edge of time, fatal illusions of flight". The bridge in the song is a nice variation and the more I hear this song the more it grows on me.

An 'Echoes' ping begins 'Childhood Memories' and the synth sound by Gerlach is again like Pink Floyd. This is a very slow dreamy song and I like the reverberated guitar phrases. The lyrics and overall sound are uplifting to the emotions. The lovely instrumental section is stirring and this all comes across as a pleasant diversion from the upbeat songs of the album.

'Generation Of Innocence' brings the album back to dynamic energy. It features a vibrant keyboard from Gerlach and some heavier guitar from Bornemann. The guitar riff is simple but effective, and there are Yes-like harmonies throughout. The spirited vocals and sound are typical of the 90s and this brings to mind 1983's 'Owner of a Lonely Heart' in many ways. The keyboards are the main drawcard though and again it is one of the highlights on this album.

'The Tides Return Forever' is another highlight, perhaps the best on the album. Eloy are more ambitious here even incorporating soulful female vocals from Jocelyn B. Smith, who belts out some beautiful high soprano intonations. There is a majestic feel on this with some awesome atmospherics on keyboard and guitar. It builds from a gentle opening with Bornemann's voice sounding more like vintage Eloy. There is a very pretty melody to latch onto. Once Smith begins crooning I am lost in the beauty of this outstanding track.

'The Last in Line' returns to the style of their early 90s albums that were not very successful. The sound on this is very outdated, like the worst of the manufactured poppy 90s, with perky synths and dreadful processed sterile soundbytes. Even the anthemic chorus is cheesy and to be honest I am glad the rest of the album was not like this.

'Company of Angels' closes this album with the most bombastic track of all; a veritable epic. I like the musicianship but could have done without those bombastic male chorus vocals that sound like Vikings singing valiantly on their way to battle; "we roar like thunder, skies torn asunder, we fight to end the torture, the iron hand of God". Sometimes these types of vocals work on albums but here it just sounded weirdly out of place to me. The rest of the song though is decent and especially the melodic verses and synth soaked instrumental. Miriam Stockley's vocals are exquisite and the song gets better as it goes. The ending is powerful and majestic. The choral work at the end is better than the bombast previously, and it tends to grow on me. The twin lead guitar solo is stunning and it is joined by Bornemann's thin vocals nicely complimenting Gerlach's piano work. A great adventurous way to end the album.

Overall this album is a leap forward from the disappointment of Eloy's previous releases. Eloy know how to construct a song and there are some outstanding compositions on this album. The good far outweighs the bad in this case and it is consistent quality that makes the difference.

BEST TRACKS from both

VISIONARY

Age of Insanity (7:56)

The Challenge (Time to Turn, Part 2) (6:44)
Summernight Symphony (4:22)

THE TIDES RETURN FOREVER

Fatal Illusions (9:22) 

Generation Of Innocence (6:10) 
The Tides Return Forever (6:40) 

That's about an albums worth (40 minutes) of brilliant Eloy so no complaints from me.

More Eloy reviews coming soon (when the 6 albums finally arriveHead on wall

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2012 at 21:22
And another - an excellent 80s album!

TIME TO TURN - 1982

Time To Turn by ELOY album cover

4 stars Eloy's "Time To Turn", the sequel to "Planets", is a literal turning point for the band as they continue to blaze away in the 80s. The space rock is augmented by Hannes Arkona's guitars, and keyboards, along with Hannes Folberth's keyboards, Klaus-Peter Matziol's bass, Fritz Randow's drums and some female guest vocalists. As usual all proceedings are overseen by guitarist visionary Frank Bornemann who I also thought led the band admirably on vocals.

The album begins with a powerhouse rocker 'Through A Somber Galaxy' that is a definitive highlight for the group. It has some dynamic synth work and awesome heavy guitar riffs with a blistering lead solo. After listening to more recent Eloy albums such as 2009's "Visionary" and 1994's "The Tides Return Forever", to me this album really stands out as being a masterful accomplishment. Of course the band were younger and more inventive back then, but it is such a delight to hear Eloy launching into one treasure after another. The tunes are always uplifting and the spaceyness of the synths are mesmirising throughout. The bassline punctuates the rhythm and drives the track beautifully. A brilliant start to this album.

'Behind The Walls Of Imagination' is another great track with a strong rhythmic feel, on keyboard and guitar. Clavinet accents are effective but the synth keyboards dominate and saturate the soundscape with pleasurable stellar nuances. Two solid gems to begin the album make this proghead very pleased indeed, and I am already in love with this album.

'Time To Turn' is intriguing for me after hearing part 2 from "Visionary" first. The same melody was obviously implemented as I recognised instantly the melodic phrases, especially in the chorus. The addition of guest vocalists Amy, Anna and Sabine is a master touch as they sound incredible. This is a poppy song, rather than prog, but is endearing with the vocal work and synth soaked musicianship.

'Magic Mirrors' opens with more clavinet and a pulsating bassline. The keyboards are mixed to the front and overpowering. I like it though as a diversion from complex structures, but it has to be said the keyboard work is very straight forward rather than complex virtuoso.

'End Of An Odyssey' clocks 9 and a half minutes so I hoped for a masterpiece composition. It begins with a welcome synth solo with spacey drones and high pitched resonances, as though Wakeman turned up in the studio and began to play on his way to a curry vindaloo. So far I am delighted and looked forward to some inventive structures. The music builds with drums and high hat cymbal work and this continues for about 5 minutes. Then on cue Bornemann's vocals chime in and he sounds great on lines such as "if you perceive the truth within yourself". The Pink Floyd style symphonic element is present throughout but there is also a funky Alan Parson's Project feel. The captivating song ends with a battle of clavinet and keyboard sounds and overall this is another definitive highlight of the album.

'The Flash' begins with ambience in the form of synth pulsations and a heartbeat of bass. Bornemann again injects some great vocals. The music develops to a quicker cadence with wavering synth. I love the music at 2:20 that is a bit like the synth heard in 80s rock such as Ultravox, Yazoo or Human League, and I am a fan of that sound. It is actually like the New Romantic music which was a delight for me. Eloy are more complex on this track in terms of structure and what a treasure it is to hear after the simplistic styles preceding. I love this song so much and it really cemented and confirmed a high rating as far as I am concerned.

'Say, Is It Really True' is a song with a difference, very diverse as it features the acoustic guitar, similar to tracks on other Eloy albums but mysteriously missing on this album until now. It is quiet and peaceful after the deluge of synth previous. The lyrics are nice; "Say is it really true that the flame of hope has grown, that the spirit has changed, that the few no longer stand alone." I like the seagull screech effects too. It is a melancholy song that ends the album with a fade out. I highly recommend this album unreservedly to Eloy fans and symphonic or space rock addicts. I was pleasantly surprised at the consistent quality and the amount of highlights. There are no filler tracks and it is an uplifting experience to hear Eloy so inspired and playing at their musical best. As an 80s album, this must rate as one of the best when prog was experiencing a lull in inventiveness. Eloy at least delivered a worthwhile sound and this never disappoints from track to track.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>