Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWould You Consider Dating A Transsexual?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Poll Question: Well?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
13 [31.71%]
28 [68.29%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 12:49
Why not.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 13:40
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

It's about time the species grew up and allowed people to express themselves sexually in whatever way they want, barring the obvious moral taboo of children.

Sure, but no one should be in any way condemned for not being ok with dating/having sex with a trans person. Live and let live, but don't get on a high horse about it. 

(I can throw out so many idioms yer head'll spin.)
Anthony H. View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 13:51
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Thinking back to my single days, the answer would be no, simply because I am wired up to find "natural" (note the quotes) women attractive, but I don't have a hang up with anyone's sexuality, gay, bi, trans, whatever. It's about time the species grew up and allowed people to express themselves sexually in whatever way they want, barring the obvious moral taboo of children.

So long as it is consensual, who gives a f**k?

Clap
colorofmoney91 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 13:55
I guess if I inadvertently fall in love with a transsexual, then sure, I might go along with, though I admit that it would probably be strange to get my head around. I personally would prefer my lover to not have a penis, but I'd also imagine that sexual reassignment surgery looks like an absolute train wreck down there.

I voted yes, but it's really hard for me to just decide from the top of my head. Anyway, I'll most likely not be attracted to any transsexuals, not that I'm 100% against it. I sure hope the girl I'm interested in now has always been a girl :\

Edited by colorofmoney91 - June 21 2012 at 13:58
RoyFairbank View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 14:31
No way, I'm not burdened with PC crap, and I'm not interested in anti-social Identity games. I am straight, I'm looking (not on the prowl for, not merely) a woman, a partner with a healthy, genuine, personality, not some perplexed guy who dresses up like a woman and is so arrogant and self-centered that he expects others to view him as a woman. I don't care if he adds boobs, surgical chasms, hair extensions. Whatever. I'm not that impulsive or that unperceptive. I don't see why I have to equate personal choices with gender! Man and Women is YX and XX, this tranny thing is just a facade that can never change that and is based in anti-social grandstanding and exhibitionism.

I don't think this trend is going to last either, its based on extreme, post-modernist individualism and idealism that has taken hold in recent decades. I think that it is beginning to burn itself out. There should be no need to do it, no impetus for it, if both genders are in a healthy environment and you can find social expression without sleight of hand theatrics.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 14:38
Have you ever met a transgendered Roy? Things are definitely not that clear cut, but whatever gets your juices going intellectually - be my guest.
Some people genuinely feel trapped inside the wrong body.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Ancient Tree View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 14:40
 I would rather be foreva alone than to do this Cry

Edited by Ancient Tree - June 21 2012 at 14:41
colorofmoney91 View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 14:50
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Have you ever met a transgendered Roy? Things are definitely not that clear cut, but whatever gets your juices going intellectually - be my guest.

I feel so bad for people who feel that way, because if/when they admit their feelings, there will most likely be some kind of backlash with someone whom they care about Cry

I'd hug them all if I could.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 14:54
Originally posted by RoyFairbank RoyFairbank wrote:

No way, I'm not burdened with PC crap, and I'm not interested in anti-social Identity games. I am straight, I'm looking (not on the prowl for, not merely) a woman, a partner with a healthy, genuine, personality, not some perplexed guy who dresses up like a woman and is so arrogant and self-centered that he expects others to view him as a woman. I don't care if he adds boobs, surgical chasms, hair extensions. Whatever. I'm not that impulsive or that unperceptive. I don't see why I have to equate personal choices with gender! Man and Women is YX and XX, this tranny thing is just a facade that can never change that and is based in anti-social grandstanding and exhibitionism. I don't think this trend is going to last either, its based on extreme, post-modernist individualism and idealism that has taken hold in recent decades. I think that it is beginning to burn itself out. There should be no need to do it, no impetus for it, if both genders are in a healthy environment and you can find social expression without sleight of hand theatrics.
Though the way you say it is a little harsh Roy, I somewhat agree with you this time.
RoyFairbank View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 15:00

Why do they feel trapped?

It comes down to whether its biological to seek out the social construction of the opposite sex.

Which is a contradiction in terms.

What is the real reason for feeling so trapped? Maybe its more that you want to break out, then that you feel trapped! People will now treat you with empathy and respect, because your "special." You'll get attention. You'll have an identity to calm yourself, as a transgendered person, a fraternity of others like you.

Must I go on? It's a basic psycho-social issue, not a biological one.

Edited by RoyFairbank - June 21 2012 at 15:02
geneyesontle View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 15:05
No. If I do so, maybe I will never have children
Poseidon wants to Acquire the Taste of the Fragile Lamb
- Derek Adrian Gabriel Anderson, singer of the band Geneyesontle
Textbook View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 15:07
Roy: I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.
As to all the people saying no, that's fine. It doesn't mean you're a narrow-minded bigot at all. This idea that I'm attempting to condemn people who say no was introduced by ETL who was having a tantrum about something going on in GD. What I said to Rushfan4 was there's only nothing to explain if the reason for saying no is blind bigotry, not that that's the only possible reason or anything like that.

Edited by Textbook - June 21 2012 at 15:18
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 15:13
Originally posted by RoyFairbank RoyFairbank wrote:

Why do they feel trapped? It comes down to whether its biological to seek out the social construction of the opposite sex. Which is a contradiction in terms. What is the real reason for feeling so trapped? Maybe its more that you want to break out, then that you feel trapped! People will now treat you with empathy and respect, because your "special." You'll get attention. You'll have an identity to calm yourself, as a transgendered person, a fraternity of others like you.Must I go on? It's a basic psycho-social issue, not a biological one.

Biology has nothing to do with it dude. It is biologically insane to be gay in any way, shape or form, but if you've ever met anybody fitting these criteria, you'll find it wasn't a choice they made for themselves. They were born like that. Not with boobs, but with that mentality.
Yes, you may find the odd trans who's in it for the perplexed pseudo adoration of others, but it is almost never a choice from their sides. You can't choose biology, nor can you choose your real sexual preferences

- Douglas Adams
Alitare View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 15:14
Why do you practice blind bigotry toward blind bigots? Seems hypocritical.
Green Shield Stamp View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 15:57
I have nothing against transsexuals but I wouldn't want to date one.  What would I say to my wife??
Haiku

Writing a poem
With seventeen syllables
Is very diffic....
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 16:18
Will this thread end well?

No.
It was doomed from the start.
Is this about people who prefer sex in various modes of transport?
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
Textbook View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 16:22
Doctor: What does ending well mean? And it being doomed implies it was begun with some sort of "success" in mind. It wasn't. It can not be a success or a failure. All I wanted to do was see the community's views on the subject. That has happened/is happening.
The Doctor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 16:29
It was mostly a joke Textbook.   However, the potential is there for some hateful views to rear their ugly heads and some homophobic, etc. views to be expressed.  That is what I meant by not ending well (i.e. being shut down for hateful statements).
I can understand your anger at me, but what did the horse I rode in on ever do to you?
Textbook View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 16:32
The fact that someone could barge in here and go nuclear about their hatred for the LGBT community, is not even slightly a reason not to broach the subject of the LGBT community. And if that happened, it would be their fault, not the fault of the thread. In such an event, you would censure that post, not close the thread.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2012 at 16:32
To the people telling they want to date a woman to have babies: you're doing it wrong.

FIRST, you date the lady once. Then, a second time. Then, a third time, a fourth one, etc... until both of you agree to have sex.
THEN, have (protected) sex on a regular basis, invite each other at home, spend nights at each other's, etc...
THEN, consider living together.
THEN, live together, consider the wedding or any type of mutual life
THEN, consider having one baby.

Don't say "I want to have babies" on the first date, you will frighten her.

About transexuals, if this is just for dating, going outside and all that jazz, it could be fun.

But, hey, that's just me being an European pervert. I could even date a jewish girl or a muslim girl.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>