FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 324325326327328 434>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 18:40
What i am looking forward to is how gracefully does the repub big wigs give trump the boot if they lose the WH, senate and house. You know they are going to be pissed as hell if they lose all three.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 18:50
they'll really have no one to blame but themselves...  as I said..  that anger.. is only partially directed at Trump. That is why Senators like Collins and Ernst are going down...

where McConnell lost the Senate.. is where they lost the house in 2018...   they've lost the culture war.. they're too entrenched to admit it so while tossing judiical red meat at their supporters. .they ignore real Americans and their needs.. all while pissing the f**k out of women.

Trump is only the liability he is because Republicans in Congress had no back bone to reign him in.. and lost any sense of values or ideology... you know... any sense of integrety (see Lindsey Graham)on top of making absolutely STUPID decisions like pushing forward with  Kavanaugh (when any other right wing meathead could have done)  and now this broad.. pure f**king hypocracy...

they might have won a battle..  but are likely 6 days away from getting butt f**ked on the war. Once they lose the Senate.. they likely ain't getting back anytime soon.. and perhaps not until they tear the party down and move leftward..  look at who is up in 2022...  half the Republicans.. and many of those in blue/purple states.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 18:57
Both parties are headed towards internal power struggles. Biden's cabinet picks will start the ball rolling for the dems. Placing the blame for their losses and trying to chart a different future will be for the repubs.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 19:03
nope.. the Republicans already had theirs.. and MAGA/tea party types won it..

moderate Republicans are dead... why do you think they have left/retired from Congress in droves...  regardless of where the party establishment wants to go.. Rubio.. Kasich..  that is not where Republican party voter is and they select the candidates.. not big money.. not the establishment.. not even what little remains in that party intellectually.

It wasn't in 2016.. isn't in 2020.. you really think it will be different in 2024? Come on..  

as far as the Democratic Party.. I've been posted for years what is going to happen in the next decade or two.. that party is going to split..left/center  and that more than anything will be teh death of the Republican Party in our two party system.. as their appeal is limited to a very regional basis and the moderate wing of the old Democratic party will pick up.. as it is starting to now.. disaffected moderates who have NO home in that party anymore. Nor will going forward...

Edited by micky - October 28 2020 at 19:04
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 19:12
^ Very little of that is actually going to happen.    All the same, nice chatting with you as always. I need to get back to researching why Zoom all of a sudden sounds way worse than it did just a few days ago. It would be nice if I could drive to their office and yell at them for awhile.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 19:23
always a blast my friend.. but let me say.. if you don't see the future split of the Democratic party coming you aren't paying attention..

and if you think that the Republcian party is suddenly going to morph back to what it hasn't been for 20 years..

again I don't think you are paying attention...  Republican base dont' care about jobs, health care..... what they care about are social issues.  Next man up...  oh sure some moderate will try to run... and get smoked just as 2016 by someone tossing red meat.. a conspiracy theory or two about.. and how immigrants.  foreigners... coastal liberals have ruined this country.

that will be the Republican nominee in 2024.... the Republican Party is not the Democratic party.. a  broad national coalition .. but a regional and rigid one and their base will get out and vote.. and will select the nominee.. not the establishment.

and that right wing populist will get crushed in the general election. That is the state of the Republican Party today.. and has been where this party has been going for years prior to Trump. I've seen nothing to even give me pause in saying that. Trump's defeat will not be seen as a repudiation.. oh.. we have to moderate..

no.. it will a the deep state, conspiracies.. FRAUD.. that brought him down. Not any sort of self awareness that they.. are simply out of touch with where the majority of this country is.. and is continuing to go.

Edited by micky - October 28 2020 at 19:27
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 19:41
Okay. I thought I would check back because I know you always get the last word.
Right now there is this huge segment of the population that was disgusted by trump, but they aren't ready to buy into the Democrat dream either. They're willing to vote for Biden, but I don't think the Democrats can count on these people for much more than that.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 19:48
the last word?  nah.. just starved for your intelligent conversation... missed ya buddy hahah.

yes..  I know John.. but again...  the trends that will kill the Republican Party predate by years one Donald J. Trump.. and they don't go away when he does.

women, suburbanites.. have long been leaving the Republican party..and yes.. going Democratic.

Trump only accelerated it. And need I remind you... I have probably only posted it numerous times

once a party loses a demographic.. it is usually a generation or more before they can get it back.  See working class whites.. Reagan Democrats... what they were.. is what surbanties and women will be.  Oh the Republicans will TRY to get them back.. much as Democrats long have tried.. but without a complete philosophical or ideological 180.. they won't.

and is why the Republican Party has exactly 12 years to live.. they can't change.. they would have already if they could... thus they will die out politically.. and be replaced..

book it.. I may not be around in 2032.. but remember me fondly hahah
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 20:01
The people I mentioned may become, or just stay independent. Dissatisfaction with either party could just turn into more independents.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 20:19
funny.. most all my friends up here are.. yep.. independent.. 

call yourself what you want.. what counts is how they vote... and they are voting Democratic.. regardless of what they call themselves..
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 20:38
On a national level, the majority of independents may be going for Biden, but its because he is a better choice than trump, not because he is a democrat.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 20:46
ahhh..you do know 9 of the 10 states with the most independent voters

are solid blue...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 20:48
Interesting, what are the states?
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 20:51
hang on..

funny.. the top one. is the only 'red' state. Alaska.

then California, Conn, Colorado Rhode Island..  remember those.. I'll find the list .. I saw it a couple of days ago when debating this very subject.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 20:53
pretty certain Vermont and Maine were on there on as well...  biggest correlation.. highly educated states.

Poison for voting Republican .. which again .. is my point regarding not national as you moved the goal posts.. but what will kill the Republican Party. The loss of Suburbanites and women... which is not because of Trump.. he only accelerated the long term trend.. again.. see my picture..

Edited by micky - October 28 2020 at 20:54
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 20:56
Re independants: I was trying to decide, the west coast for their independent spirit or the north east coast because of disenfranchised north east coast republicans.

Edited by Easy Money - October 28 2020 at 20:57
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2020 at 21:11
yes.. I think you have it with NE Republicans.. Massacuhuesetts was on the list.. remember it because it surprised me. Then again.. solid blue... but with a pragmatic streak. .then again.. that always has been the greatest strength and weakness of the Democratic party.. ie its candidates.  Pure pragmatism over pure ideology/pandering... the big tent..  when was the last time you ever remember a Republican putting their cushy job on the line for a vote they know is right.. but politically unpopular.

happened both under Clinton and Obama.. many knew it might cost them their jobs.. but they voted for what was right..  

that more than anything is the biggest difference between the parties.. between the voters that vote for them regardless of actual affiliation.  It is the sense of what is right for the this country over one's personal petty fears .. their idology..their goddamn relgion... or their swamp lairs. 

thus the sh*tshow we have now...

Edited by micky - October 28 2020 at 21:14
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2020 at 01:02
This doesn't present a comforting picture about Florida. And this is from The Villages, where Biden is supposed to be flipping seniors by some ridiculous margin. 

I hope it is strictly a question of the sample he interviewed and not the views of the state as such.  I did find the amount of Democrat early voting even in North East Florida encouraging and hope that is a truer portent of what is to come.  If Florida goes to Biden, it's over for Trump.  I don't see Biden losing Wisconsin or Michigan.  But he might lose Pennsylvania.  He could win WI, MI and Arizona and still clinch it without PA but Florida going early on election night to Biden would be a big blow to Trump's chances.

Edited by rogerthat - October 29 2020 at 01:33
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2020 at 02:51
Yes, millions of votes have already been cast. But with the rigged post office the big question is: Will they arrive in time? And how many of those that arrive will be rejected for some reason?

Edited by BaldFriede - October 29 2020 at 02:52

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2020 at 04:55
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

ahhh..you do know 9 of the 10 states with the most independent voters

are solid blue...
What could well happen in 2024 is an electable candidate that is from neither of the two big parties. I think we are getting closer to that possibility.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 324325326327328 434>