Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 368369370371372 434>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 13:34
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Maybe a dumb question but were any of the insurrectionists wearing masks to protect them from covid? From all the video and pictures I saw none of them seem to be. Before anyone says something like "duh, of course not" let me say that many conservatives do wear masks but maybe all these guys were too stupid to do that.

I saw it in real time as it was happening on CNN. I would say about 5% were wearing them outside. I saw one insurrectionist in the House chamber wearing one, but didn't see anybody else that broke into the Capitol wearing them. This event will likely be a super-spreader.

I also read some news stories elsewhere that said that many of them were bussed in and they didn't wear them on the buses.

----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 15:14
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

Maybe a dumb question but were any of the insurrectionists wearing masks to protect them from covid? From all the video and pictures I saw none of them seem to be. Before anyone says something like "duh, of course not" let me say that many conservatives do wear masks but maybe all these guys were too stupid to do that.

I saw it in real time as it was happening on CNN. I would say about 5% were wearing them outside. I saw one insurrectionist in the House chamber wearing one, but didn't see anybody else that broke into the Capitol wearing them. This event will likely be a super-spreader.

I also read some news stories elsewhere that said that many of them were bussed in and they didn't wear them on the buses.

And now apparently there were a few members of congress who refused to wear them. I just saw it on msnbc. There was a blonde woman who just turned her head when a woman offered her one. The guy standing next to her seemed to ignore her request to wear a mask also. If you ask me they should not be allowed in the room without a mask just like with going to the grocery store, etc. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - January 11 2021 at 15:15
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 15:22
Does anyone else think it's weird that even after it being uncovered how the Capitol security forces had been hung out to dry, thousands of insurgents went home while it's being hailed as a wonderful thing that 25 charges have been brought forward? WTF?

As an aside, I just want to express my enjoyment at the fact that one of the protesters, while stealing artwork from the Capitol, repeatedly tasered himself in the balls until he died. I enjoy a bit of cabaret, but this is above and beyond. You just gotta laugh.

Edited by npjnpj - January 11 2021 at 15:23
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 15:31
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

Does anyone else think it's weird that even after it being uncovered how the Capitol security forces had been hung out to dry, thousands of insurgents went home while it's being hailed as a wonderful thing that 25 charges have been brought forward? WTF?

As an aside, I just want to express my enjoyment at the fact that one of the protesters, while stealing artwork from the Capitol, repeatedly tasered himself in the balls until he died. I enjoy a bit of cabaret, but this is above and beyond. You just gotta laugh.

Wow. How the heck do these rumors get started in the first place? Of course I am not taking the side of the insurrectionists or anything but usually when something like this sounds too good to be true it usually is. Wink

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - January 11 2021 at 15:35
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 15:51
Oh well. It sounded good while it lasted LOL
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 16:55
No more mentioning of ball-tasering, please. It may become a fad like eating Tide pods.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 17:43
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

Another one of the lethal victims of this incident allegedly was a woman with a sign saying "don't tread on me" that fell and was trampled to death by the mob. If this were really true it would be, as you already said, above and beyond cabaret. But it probably isn't.

Edited by BaldFriede - January 11 2021 at 18:27

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 18:32
Just want to share this from the Washington Post:

Edited by BaldFriede - January 11 2021 at 18:44

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 19:33
Ok, here's what I think will happen. Trump will reach out to Pence and ask him if he will pardon him if he(Trump)resigns. Pence will probably agree to it and so just before the end of his presidency Trump will resign, Pence will pardon him and then Biden will be sworn in. The good news is this will possibly decrease the number of pro Trump protests and chaos. That would not be the case if he's impeached(imo). The bad news is Trump gets away with inciting an insurrection. This is all mo. Feel free to disagree. I could very well be wrong. I say this because I think Trump will want to avoid being impeached for a second time. 
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 20:22

Ok, here's what I think will happen. Trump will reach out to Pence and ask him if he will pardon him if he(Trump)resigns. Pence will probably agree to it and so just before the end of his presidency Trump will resign, Pence will pardon him and then Biden will be sworn in. The good news is this will possibly decrease the number of pro Trump protests and chaos. That would not be the case if he's impeached(imo). The bad news is Trump gets away with inciting an insurrection. This is all mo. Feel free to disagree. I could very well be wrong. I say this because I think Trump will want to avoid being impeached for a second time. 

Honestly, I don't want Trump to get away with it like this. And I don't think it would quell future insurrections; on the contrary, it would only encourage more insurrectionists to try it another time because their leader got away scot free.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2021 at 21:32
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

Honestly, I don't want Trump to get away with it like this. And I don't think it would quell future insurrections; on the contrary, it would only encourage more insurrectionists to try it another time because their leader got away scot free.

It's not ideal and I hope you're right. It's just a prediction albeit a pessimistic one.

You could be right about future insurrectionists. Hopefully that won't happen though because hopefully we won't elect someone like Trump again(or at least hopefully not again in my lifetime).

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - January 11 2021 at 21:37
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 00:24
I don't think it matters if Trump gets pardoned or not. He has enough state crimes to answer for that, depending on politics, he'll either go to jail for or not. Additional federal crimes wouldn't really make much of a difference. At this point the result practically depends on the toss of a coin.

Generally, the Trump presidency has led to the fact that wherever he goes, Joe Biden will be in mortal danger. The security he will require everywhere as president will be off the charts for years.
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 01:38
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

I agree. Absolutely imperative to make an example out of Trump. If they don't, kiss the peaceful transition goodbye in future.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 04:02
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Reference the Pelosi meme above.  The MAGA dude has horns and a face paint disguise....or simply a MAGA COVID mask.
He's known as the Qanon shaman (not joking). He drives away covid by reciting incantations while performing the Native American buffalo dance.

He probably has a patreon page and got PPE funds from the government.

He lives with his mother because he's unemployed (true story).

That's just like the guy on the Senate floor wearing full combat gear and holding zip tie handcuffs. He is with his mother (also geared up). So this guy named Eric is the modern day "Bungalow Bill":

He went out tiger hunting with his elephant and gun
In case of accidents he always took his mum
He's the all American bullet-headed Saxon mother's son
All the children sing
Hey, Bungalow Bill
What did you kill
Bungalow Bill?
Hey, Bungalow Bill
What did you kill
Bungalow Bill?
Another sad case of life imitating art?
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 04:06
The FBI has stated that protests against state capitols are being planned or talked about for all 50 states this week. So, count on more deaths from the party of law and order.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 04:12

The FBI has stated that protests against state capitols are being planned or talked about for all 50 states this week. So, count on more deaths from the party of law and order.

I just wanted to post the same. as I said before: this is not over yet

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 04:18
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

It will be worse in the many firearm open carry states, I fear.
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 04:45

Isn't this the price America pays for it's constitutional 'freedom'? If school shootings and other atrocities don't get support to restrict gun ownership and use, what will? It's beginning to feel as though something like a civil war is brewing, especially as it seems, from reports, that much of law enforcement and the US military leans to the right. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 04:55
Originally posted by Ronstein Ronstein wrote:

Isn't this the price America pays for it's constitutional 'freedom'? If school shootings and other atrocities don't get support to restrict gun ownership and use, what will? It's beginning to feel as though something like a civil war is brewing, especially as it seems, from reports, that much of law enforcement and the US military leans to the right. 
I'm not sure how many times it needs to be said in this forum and out, now that the Trump crowd killed one of their own, the support of law enforcement and the few in the military has shrunk.
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 05:05

I'm not sure how many times it needs to be said in this forum and out, now that the Trump crowd killed one of their own, the support of law enforcement and the few in the military has shrunk.

Not seen anything in this thread or anywhere else to indicate that personally, can you point me in the right direction? I certainly hope you're right, America turning in on itself will be a disaster for the whole world if it happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 368369370371372 434>