Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 369370371372373 434>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 05:09
I think it was inevitable. With the Corona travel restrictions in place, America had no choice but to attack itself this year.
Ronstein View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 05:11
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

I think it was inevitable. With the Corona travel restrictions in place, America had no choice but to attack itself this year.

Naughty LOL
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 05:42
Originally posted by Ronstein Ronstein wrote:

Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

I'm not sure how many times it needs to be said in this forum and out, now that the Trump crowd killed one of their own, the support of law enforcement and the few in the military has shrunk.

Not seen anything in this thread or anywhere else to indicate that personally, can you point me in the right direction? I certainly hope you're right, America turning in on itself will be a disaster for the whole world if it happens.
Perhaps, or maybe it's the purge that's required to move into a new America. Don't get me wrong, it's extremely disheartening to witness what's going on but maybe these insurrectionists need to be put down in the same fashion that they themselves think things need to handled like. If you've seen the footage, the shot that killed the female protester drove back the crowd very quickly. In my personal opinion, every one of those law enforcement officers had the absolute right for weapons free options as their lives were definitely in danger (witness the officer beating with a fire extinguisher). If it had been a small handful of insurrectionists and not a massive crowd I doubt anyone would have said word one about them defending themselves and the capitol building. (think the attack we had on our parliament in 2014).

Edited by JD - January 12 2021 at 05:43
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 05:51
At the same time, if that police officer who got beaned with the fire extinguisher had shot in self defense before the incident happened, he'd been in jail now for killing a white protester. Not some slap on the wrist suspension or loss of job, as it would have been after a BLM protest.

These police offers have to know that they are likely to be stuffed in jail if they defend themselves against a white insurrectionist. Not a situation I'd like to be in.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 06:00
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 06:04
there have been several reports though that many of the police officers were in cahoots with the insurrectionists

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 06:18
And you get that from just them opening barricades, posing for selfies, and holding doors open for them on the way out?
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 06:38
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

And you get that from just them opening barricades, posing for selfies, and holding doors open for them on the way out?

oh no; such things are totally incidental and innocuous

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 06:38
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

Perhaps, or maybe it's the purge that's required to move into a new America. Don't get me wrong, it's extremely disheartening to witness what's going on but maybe these insurrectionists need to be put down in the same fashion that they themselves think things need to handled like. If you've seen the footage, the shot that killed the female protester drove back the crowd very quickly. In my personal opinion, every one of those law enforcement officers had the absolute right for weapons free options as their lives were definitely in danger (witness the officer beating with a fire extinguisher). If it had been a small handful of insurrectionists and not a massive crowd I doubt anyone would have said word one about them defending themselves and the capitol building. (think the attack we had on our parliament in 2014).

For the sake of clarity I agree 100%. Perhaps the Police should have had the rioters organise themselves into two separate mobs: 'unarmed insurrectionists' and 'armed insurrectionists' for ease of identification. Unlawful actions have consequences.

Edited by ExittheLemming - January 12 2021 at 07:03
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 06:42
Let's get real for at least a moment. At the beginning of the protest, before the crowd charged into the Capitol building, the DC police were outnumbered 200 to 1. That they didn't have sufficient numbers to do anything is lost on all the anti police voices in this thread. Were there some simpathizers before the violence started? Of course. Many cops voted for Trump. But after the violence and deaths, that changed. And after more than a 1000 police officers saluted the body of Officer Sicknick as it passed from the Capitol yesterday, that re-enforced their stance even more. Now, I don't know what type of half assed news media some members watch, but even common sense should tell you what's up.

Edited by SteveG - January 12 2021 at 06:49
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 06:49
If you're a member of a bank robbers' gang employed by the bank as a security guard and open the bank doors for them, you don't get to say "woopsy" afterwards when people get shot, even if your guard colleagues attend the funerals afterwards. Especially if some of those who died were bank guards.

Edited by npjnpj - January 12 2021 at 06:52
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 06:52
Duh, this is not about saying whoops, this about stopping a full scale riot and revolt on Jan. 20, the day Biden is sworn in.

Edited by SteveG - January 12 2021 at 06:53
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 06:54
I don't think that Biden will be very safe, especially as there hasn't been time to root out the bad apples in his protection. I would think it's pretty overwhelming if the straight cops have to keep a close eye on both the crowds and on each other.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 06:56
That's what the National Guard is for and they will be armed on Jan. 20. All 15,000 members that will be there.

Edited by SteveG - January 12 2021 at 06:58
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 06:58
The threat is officially present in all 50 states. I wouldn't bank on anyone's safety.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:04

Let's get real for at least a moment. At the beginning of the protest, before the crowd charged into the Capitol building, the DC police were outnumbered 200 to 1. That they didn't have sufficient numbers to do anything is lost on all the anti police voices in this thread. Were there some simpathizers before the violence started? Of course. Many cops voted for Trump. But after the violence and deaths, that changed. And after more than a 1000 police officers saluted the body of Officer Sicknick as it passed from the Capitol yesterday, that re-enforced their stance even more. Now, I don't know what type of half assed news media some members watch, but even common sense should tell you what's up.
True, the FBI does not like white supremacists, there is a long history there. Law enforcement was caught by surprise here and that won't happen again.

Sorry to disappoint those of you who are gullible for hysterical media click bait, but the number of people who are willing to get violent over this is not that great. There will be some more incidents here and there, but the FBI and others are closing in on them.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:05
@npnpj: Of course not. But bank on the violent being shot at in return. That's what's important.

Edited by SteveG - January 12 2021 at 07:10
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:11
Agreed
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:12
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

True, the FBI does not like white supremacists, there is a long history there. Law enforcement was caught by surprise here and that won't happen again.

Sorry to disappoint those of you who are gullible for hysterical media click bait, but the number of people who are willing to get violent over this is not that great. There will be some more incidents here and there, but the FBI and others are closing in on them.
I hope that you are right John, but an once of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:14
@ Easy Money: The FBI were aware and ready to act, just like the national guard, but they were blocked. I'm sure there'll be an internal inquiry, i.e. whitewash.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 369370371372373 434>