Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:16
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Let's get real for at least a moment. At the beginning of the protest, before the crowd charged into the Capitol building, the DC police were outnumbered 200 to 1. That they didn't have sufficient numbers to do anything is lost on all the anti police voices in this thread. Were there some simpathizers before the violence started? Of course. Many cops voted for Trump. But after the violence and deaths, that changed. And after more than a 1000 police officers saluted the body of Officer Sicknick as it passed from the Capitol yesterday, that re-enforced their stance even more. Now, I don't know what type of half assed news media some members watch, but even common sense should tell you what's up.
True, the FBI does not like white supremacists, there is a long history there. Law enforcement was caught by surprise here and that won't happen again.

Sorry to disappoint those of you who are gullible for hysterical media click bait, but the number of people who are willing to get violent over this is not that great. There will be some more incidents here and there, but the FBI and others are closing in on them.
I hope that you are right John, but an once of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Well I hope my post didn't make it seem like law enforcement is not going to be prepared for the worst now, because I belive Jan 6 was a wake up call and they will be taking this more seriously from now on. There will be more trouble, no doubt about that.

Edited by Easy Money - January 12 2021 at 07:17
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:18
Well, perhaps not so much a wake up call but more a case of being watched closely now?
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:22

Let's get real for at least a moment. At the beginning of the protest, before the crowd charged into the Capitol building, the DC police were outnumbered 200 to 1. That they didn't have sufficient numbers to do anything is lost on all the anti police voices in this thread. Were there some simpathizers before the violence started? Of course. Many cops voted for Trump. But after the violence and deaths, that changed. And after more than a 1000 police officers saluted the body of Officer Sicknick as it passed from the Capitol yesterday, that re-enforced their stance even more. Now, I don't know what type of half assed news media some members watch, but even common sense should tell you what's up.
True, the FBI does not like white supremacists, there is a long history there. Law enforcement was caught by surprise here and that won't happen again.

Sorry to disappoint those of you who are gullible for hysterical media click bait, but the number of people who are willing to get violent over this is not that great. There will be some more incidents here and there, but the FBI and others are closing in on them.

sorry to disappoint you, but that's not what the FBI itself says:

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:23
I think what is misunderstood here is that the violent types are not necessarily trump supporters per se, they are white supremacists and anti-government radicals. They existed before trump and they will exist after trump.
What happened under trump is that they felt encouraged and emboldened by trump, hence the blossoming of their power and their boldness.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:25
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

sorry to disappoint you, but that's not what the FBI itself says:

I know what the FBI says and I agree with them, there will be problems extending to well after trump is long gone. White supremacists are a problem world wide and they are not going away soon.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:27

I think what is misunderstood here is that the violent types are not necessarily trump supporters per se, they are white supremacists and anti-government radicals. They existed before trump and they will exist after trump.
What happened under trump is that they felt encouraged and emboldened by trump, hence the blossoming of their power and their boldness.

I am pretty much aware that most Trump supporters are just stupid, non-violent idiots. but there are 74 millions of them. if just 0.1% of them gets violent that still makes 74000 rioters. and there will be more than just 0.1%

Edited by BaldJean - January 12 2021 at 07:28

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:30

I am pretty much aware that most Trump supporters are just stupid, non-violent idiots. but there are 74 millions of them. if just 0.1% of them gets violent that still makes 74000 rioters. and there will be more than just 0.1%

What is your main source of information about people who voted for trump?
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:35
I think this is ignoring crowd psychology. White supremacists who weren't necessarily violent before are becoming increasingly so, and their number seems to be growing, especially after seeing that of thousands of violent insurrectionists only a handful have been arrested. Up until now, but even so. It must seem to them that the odds are in their favour, close to zero, in fact, especially if they start wearing masks and stop taking video clips of each other.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:35

I watch a broad variety of news channels, mainstream media as well as The Damage Report and The Pakman Show

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:36

I watch a broad variety of news channels, mainstream media as well as The Damage Report and The Pakman Show
Yeah, I thought so.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:38
@ Easy Money: Practicaly all news sources except Fox, Breitbart plus affiliates.
I don't think there's such a thing as a voter dummy register.

Edited by npjnpj - January 12 2021 at 07:38
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:40
Originally posted by npjnpj npjnpj wrote:

I think this is ignoring crowd psychology. White <span><span -dobid="hdw">supremacist</span></span>s who weren't necessarily violent before are becoming increasingly so, and their number seems to be growing, especially after seeing that of thousands of violent insurrectionists only a handful have been arrested. Up until now, but even so. It must seem to them that the odds are in their favour, close to zero, in fact, especially if they start wearing masks and stop taking video clips of each other.
Yes, I remember the non violent Ku Klux Klan days. Now those were good white supremacists.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:41
@ Easy Money: Perhaps you'd be kind enough to name the sources you regard as reliable, if BaldJean's broad spectrum seems insufficient?
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:43

@ Easy Money: Practicaly all news sources except Fox, Breitbart plus affiliates.

I sometimes even watch Alex Jones, just to see what the crazies are doing

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:45
White supremacy and nazi fascism are world wide problems, fortunately most current western governments are determined to keep a lid on this. Unfortunately the US has had a president that is a toxic mix of stupid and evil and fascism has attempted to blossomed here.
Hopefully other nations have watched this and have learned from the experience.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:47
Germany tried the best. They banned the Nazi flag after WW2, thier equivalent of the Confederate flag.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:48

I sometimes even watch Alex Jones, just to see what the crazies are doing
Counting friends, neighbors, co-workers and relatives, I probably know several hundred trump voters, I accept their farcebook propaganda feeds and listen to their concerns, discuss issues on local social media etc.
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:48
Other nations don't have to watch this. Just see what happened to the world in the 1940s. Why would anyone need the US example of looming nazism? It's already happened, just without Facebook and Twitter as an acecllerant.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:49
though after having watched Alex Jones I need to take a shower. it is impossible to watch him without feeling defiled afterwards

npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2021 at 07:51
@ Easy Money: I'm sorry, but that sounds a lot like "some of my friends are black".

Or: "It's been snowing in my back yard, so climate change is a hoax."

Or even: "I had a good meal today, so world hunger is over."

Edited by npjnpj - January 12 2021 at 07:55
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 370371372373374 434>