Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHave you met any well know prog musicians?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2017 at 07:43
Novalis were never earning very well from their music alone and singer Fred Mühlböck would sell in a Hamburg record shop in the eighties, which I sometimes used; we had the odd chat there.

Progressive electronic composer Asmus Tietchens usually has 100 people or so at his gigs so it's not too difficult to talk a bit with him.

A friend of mine is one of the biggest Legendary Pink Dots fans there are and they're quite accessible personally so once I had a chance to say hello to them, too.

Non prog: I once spent a few hours of train journey talking with Scorpions drummer Hermann Rarebell; I didn't really recognise him (although when he told me his name I knew who he was) but he did a phone call from which it was clear that he was a musician, and I asked him about it. It was quite nice and he was speaking very fondly of Frank Bornemann and Eloy, whom he knows very well (unsurprisingly as they all are from Hannover).

The biggest musician I had a few words with though was the at the time biggest living composer, György Ligeti, who once in Hamburg gave a (very entertaining) open seminar series on the history of avantgarde music.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234