Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top 7 Fleetwood Mac Albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2024 at 11:58
3 stars 1969: Fleetwood Mac - Boston Blues - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LuhvbXnETJHvVjhA8CkyBYV

Are you going to the Boston Tea Party? The sensational Peter Green band certainly are in one final live performance before Peter Green bowed out of Fleetwood Mac forever. Cry

Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2024 at 05:38
4 stars 1970: Fleetwood Mac - Kiln House -  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LtwqhdGko2YJ3VgeRXC6hZn

A transitional album, being the first Fleetwood Mac album without founder member Peter Green and the last album to feature Jeremy Spencer before his abrupt departure for the Children of God religious sect. Kiln House also features Christine McVie on piano and backing vocals, although not yet a full-time member of the band. 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2024 at 05:15
4 stars 1971: Fleetwood Mac - Future Games - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LudtkvXMohFg6Gz5fuUXJ9C

The fifth studio album and the first Fleetwood Mac album to feature Christine McVie as a full member of the band with American Bob Welsh replacing Jeremy Spencer on guitar, marking Fleetwood Mac's transition from a British blues band to an Anglo-American melodic pop sensation with superstardom just around the corner. 

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - April 06 2024 at 04:03
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2024 at 03:49
4 stars 1971: Fleetwood Mac - Greatest Hits - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LtGdrlfTxGvVWikA5P2oXce

An essential retrospective compilation for Peter Green fans, consisting of early non-album singles, including Albatross and Dragonfly.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2024 at 07:34
4 stars 1972: Fleetwood Mac - Bare Trees - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LsiRf_IFC-e8qbrbKc_9QM3

The sixth Fleetwood Mac album and the last to feature Danny Kirwan.

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2024 at 09:08
Originally posted by Psychedelic Paul Psychedelic Paul wrote:

4 stars<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;"> 1971: Fleetwood Mac - Future Games - </span>https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LudtkvXMohFg6Gz5fuUXJ9C

The fifth studio album and the first Fleetwood Mac album to feature Christine McVie as a full member of the band with American Bob Welsh replacing Jeremy Spencer on guitar, marking Fleetwood Mac's transition from a British blues band to an Anglo-American melodic pop sensation with superstardom just around the corner. 

Excellent Paul. Great albums largely unknown or forgotten. Bring us more.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2024 at 13:31
First period only
"Mellotron is to progrock what watercolor is to painting. Diaphanous and mesmerizing"
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 02:30
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Excellent Paul. Great albums largely unknown or forgotten. Bring us more.

Thanks! It was something like 35 years after first hearing the Rumours album when I discovered that Fleetwood Mac had released ten albums before that. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - April 08 2024 at 02:31
Gnik Nosmirc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gnik Nosmirc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 02:37
Always hated that band. Wasn't a fan of their early blues albums, and even less of a fan of their later, cheesy, boring, nyacht-rock albums.

Edited by Gnik Nosmirc - April 08 2024 at 02:38
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 02:57
Originally posted by Gnik Nosmirc Gnik Nosmirc wrote:

Always hated that band. Wasn't a fan of their early blues albums, and even less of a fan of their later, cheesy, boring, yacht-rock albums.
Oh Well. At least it's an honest opinion. Smile

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - April 08 2024 at 02:58
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gnik Nosmirc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 06:04

Always hated that band. Wasn't a fan of their early blues albums, and even less of a fan of their later, cheesy, boring, yacht-rock albums.
Oh Well. At least it's an honest opinion. Smile

That being said though, listening to it again, I might have overstated a tad.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 06:10
^ I had a feeling you'd prefer Billy Burnette and Rick Vito's modern version of "Oh Well" over Peter Green's original bluesy version. Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gnik Nosmirc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 06:26

^ I had a feeling you'd prefer Billy Burnette and Rick Vito's modern version of "Oh Well" over Peter Green's original bluesy version. Smile

I love when when blues is mixed with other genres, but when songs are 100% old-school blues, I'm a bit bored. Same feeling with jazz by the way.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 06:31

I love when when blues is mixed with other genres, but when songs are 100% old-school blues, I'm a bit bored. Same feeling with jazz by the way.
I felt the same way about the first two less-than-wonderful Fleetwood Mac albums, although a half-naked Mick Fleetwood on the cover of their Mr. Wonderful album may have put me off slightly. Well, it put me off my breakfast anyway. Tongue
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2024 at 14:34
3 stars 1973: Fleetwood Mac - Penguin - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LtiXYWFpMlZRIOrc-u5e5Vx

The seventh studio album and maybe the least-known of all the Fleetwood Mac albums with no charting singles included (so no surprise that Penguin hasn't featured here in anyone's Top 7 albums so far), although notable for featuring the Fleetwood Mac penguin mascot on the album cover for the first time as well as being the first album to feature Bob Weston and the only album with singer and guitarist Dave Walker (of Savoy Brown) in the line-up.

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - April 09 2024 at 03:14
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2024 at 01:40

Fleetwood Mac's eighth album and the second and last album to feature Bob Weston, who left under a dark cloud in the middle of an American tour when it was revealed he'd been having a secret affair with Mick Fleetwood's wife Jenny, which led to Mick Fleetwood cancelling the US tour with 26 dates still left to play. As a consequence, Fleetwood Mac's manager Clifford Davis was so annoyed that he sent a fake Fleetwood Mac band out on the road to complete the American tour, claiming he owned the Fleetwood Mac name. Shocked

The real Fleetwood Mac...

...and Fakewood Mac. Confused

Edited by Psychedelic Paul - April 10 2024 at 11:04
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2024 at 11:03
4 stars 1974: Fleetwood Mac - Heroes Are Hard to Find - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoIDt_C5y1LusovRiaikvO5PEnjuSpSFy

Good albums aren't hard to find in Fleetwood Mac's long discography and this album is no exception. In the wake of the last two disappointing albums, Heroes Are Hard to Find was their highest charting album to date, peaking at No. 34 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It's the last Fleetwood Mac album to feature American Bob Welsh as well as being the first album recorded in America, at Angel City Sound in L.A, shortly before Fleetwood Mac truly became an Anglo-American band with the addition of Lyndsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks for their next album, self-titled Fleetwood Mac. 

Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2024 at 14:38
1.  Mystery to Me
2.  Future Games
3.  Then Play On
4.  Kiln House
5.  Tusk
6.  Mirage
7.  Heroes Are Hard to Find

I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2024 at 14:58
Top 7 update with Intruder's votes added:-

01. Rumours (94 points)
02. Then Play On (71 points)
03. Fleetwood Mac 1975 (46 points)
04. Tusk (39 points)
05. Tango in the Night (38 points)
06. Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac (28 points)
07. Bare Trees (25 points)
07. Mystery to Me (25 points)

09. Future Games (20 points)
10. Mirage (15 points)
10. Kiln House (15 points)

12. Heroes Are Hard to Find (13 points) 
13. The Pious Bird of Good Omen (12 points)
14. Mr. Wonderful (11 points)
15. English Rose (8 points)
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2024 at 21:32

Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

-Danny Kirwan's solo albums are all excellent and sadly overlooked.
I'm looking forward to listening to all of these Fleetwood Mac-related albums again, including Danny Kirwan's first recorded work with Fleetwood Mac below, which you may recall. Smile

Have you listened to any of the Kirwan solo-stuff yet? I think you'd find plenty to enjoy. 

Edited by Saperlipopette! - April 10 2024 at 22:11
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>