FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 402403404405406 434>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2021 at 18:01
LOL
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2021 at 18:56
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2021 at 01:55
Well, with a penis as small as his maybe he has no use for a fly? 

Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2021 at 06:51
Trump's pants on backwards is indeed funny but did you expect anything less from the man who suggested we ingest Lysol and bleach?
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2021 at 05:40
Fox News is now saying that the Covid virus was started by Dr. Fauci by his funding of lab research in China.

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2021 at 05:41
in other news, Joe Manchin is still being a dick.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2021 at 08:19
^ Yep, and as Robert Reich states: "I’m afraid history will show that, in this shameful era, Republican senators were more united in their opposition to voting rights than Democratic senators were in their support for them."

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2021 at 08:38
^ Just for the fact that the Republicans are using Trump's Big Lie as the basis for obstructing voter rights, you would think Manchin would be against them. Unbelievable. What a turd.
suitkees View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2021 at 08:46
^ A DINO: Democrat In Name Only. Makes me wonder if he didn't receive a nice envelope from a Republican donor...

The razamataz is a pain in the bum
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2021 at 10:07
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

^ Just for the fact that the Republicans are using Trump's Big Lie as the basis for obstructing voter rights, you would think Manchin would be against them. Unbelievable. What a turd.
From Wiki:
"As a member of Congress, Manchin is known for his support of bipartisanship, voting or working with Republicans on issues such as abortion and gun ownership. He opposed the energy policies of President Barack Obama, voted against cloture for the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010 (he did not vote on the bill itself), voted to remove federal funding for Planned Parenthood in 2015, supported President Donald Trump's immigration policies and voted to confirm most of his cabinet and judicial appointees, including Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh. But Manchin has also repeatedly voted against attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), voted to preserve funding for Planned Parenthood in 2017, and voted against the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. In addition, he supported articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump in both 2020 and 2021. Manchin is a prominent opponent of policy proposals from the progressive wing of his party, including Medicare For All, abolishing the filibuster, increasing the number of justices on the Supreme Court, increasing the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour, and attempts to defund the police.[5] "
-----------------

Seems like he can't decide if he's a Dem or Republican....   LOL
But these guys and gals want to get elected and have power...they have no interest in really representing the people past getting votes so they become whatever type of a**hole they need to be to get elected.
A prime example of this is Marjorie Greene...a despicable unqualified  person who was voted in  by other despicable stupid  people who are also bigots apparently. 
Unhappy

Haquin
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2021 at 10:41
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

From Wiki:
"As a member of Congress, Manchin is known for his support of bipartisanship, voting or working with Republicans on issues such as abortion and gun ownership. He opposed the energy policies of President Barack Obama, voted against cloture for the Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010 (he did not vote on the bill itself), voted to remove federal funding for Planned Parenthood in 2015, supported President Donald Trump's immigration policies and voted to confirm most of his cabinet and judicial appointees, including Associate Justice Brett Kavanaugh. But Manchin has also repeatedly voted against attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), voted to preserve funding for Planned Parenthood in 2017, and voted against the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. In addition, he supported articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump in both 2020 and 2021. Manchin is a prominent opponent of policy proposals from the progressive wing of his party, including Medicare For All, abolishing the filibuster, increasing the number of justices on the Supreme Court, increasing the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour, and attempts to defund the police.[5] "
-----------------

But these guys and gals want to get elected and have power...they have no interest in really representing the people past getting votes so they become whatever type of a**hole they need to be to get elected.
A prime example of this is Marjorie Greene...a despicable unqualified  person who was voted in  by other despicable stupid  people who are also bigots apparently. 
Unhappy

Yeah, Greene is the biggest psycho to hit congress but at least we know what party she's in. LOL Can't say the same for two faced Manchin.

Edited by SteveG - June 08 2021 at 10:47
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2021 at 13:18

From Wiki:
-----------------

Unhappy

Yeah, Greene is the biggest psycho to hit congress but at least we know what party she's in. LOL Can't say the same for two faced Manchin.

It's hard to fathom why people support these bad actors like Drumpf and Greene. I have asked people on other forums (where they allow political talk since many do not) and they answer they are conservatives. I'll say but Drumpf is an obnoxious ignorant  jerk and they will say, ' well so what ,I'm a conservative'. Are they that simple minded? If so then we are in deep sh*t in the US since almost half the population don't care that he and people like him are a**holes.
And it's even worse that supposedly intelligent Republicans who should know better support him simply because they are scared. I would like to think they know he's a dick but it seems they are either 'true bleevers' or effing stupid. 

Haquin
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2021 at 13:51

From Wiki:
-----------------

Unhappy

Exactly. This is perhaps the biggest problem in politics (at least besides unlimited monies)...people way too concerned about keeping their jobs instead of doing what's best for the country. I didn't really like Claire Mccaskill when she was in congress, but she gets an infinite amount of props from me for voting for obamacare knowing it was incredibly likely she would lose her job after doing so. We need more people like her...especially in the democratic party. 

But the dems are great at shooting themselves in the foot, which they do at every goddamn opportunity. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2021 at 14:07

From Wiki:
"<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">As a member of Congress, Manchin is known for his support of </span>bipartisanship<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">, voting or working with </span>Republicans<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> on issues such as </span>abortion<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> and gun ownership. He opposed the energy policies of President </span>Barack Obama<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">, voted against </span>cloture<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> for the </span>Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Act of 2010<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> (he did not vote on the bill itself), voted to remove federal funding for </span>Planned Parenthood<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> in 2015, supported President </span>Donald Trump<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">'s immigration policies and voted to confirm most of his cabinet and judicial appointees, including Associate Justice </span>Brett Kavanaugh<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">. But Manchin has also repeatedly voted against attempts to repeal the </span>Affordable Care Act<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> (Obamacare), voted to preserve funding for Planned Parenthood in 2017, and voted against the </span>Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">. In addition, he supported articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump in both 2020 and 2021. Manchin is a prominent opponent of policy proposals from the </span>progressive wing<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> of his party, including </span>Medicare For All<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">, abolishing the </span>filibuster<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">, increasing the number of justices on the </span>Supreme Court<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">, increasing the </span>federal minimum wage<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> to $15 an hour, and attempts to </span>defund the police<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">.</span><sup id="cite_ref-5" style="line-height: 1; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 11.2px; white-space: nowrap;" ="reference"="">[URL=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Manchin#cite_note-5" rel="nofollow][5][/URL]<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;"> "</span>
<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">-----------------</span>
<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Seems like he can't decide if he's a Dem or Republican....   LOL</span>
<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">But these guys and gals want to get elected and have power...they have no interest in really representing the people past getting votes so they become whatever type of a**hole they need to be to get elected.</span>
<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">A prime example of this is Marjorie Greene...a despicable unqualified  person who was voted in  by other despicable stupid  people who are also bigots apparently. </span>
<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">Unhappy
</span>
<span style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px;">
</span>
Yeah, Greene is the biggest psycho to hit congress but at least we know what party she's in. LOL
Can't say the same for two faced Manchin.

It's hard to fathom why people support these bad actors like Drumpf and Greene. I have asked people on other forums (where they allow political talk since many do not) and they answer they are conservatives. I'll say but Drumpf is an obnoxious ignorant  jerk and they will say, ' well so what ,I'm a conservative'. Are they that simple minded? If so then we are in deep sh*t in the US since almost half the population don't care that he and people like him are a**holes.
And it's even worse that supposedly intelligent Republicans who should know better support him simply because they are scared. I would like to think they know he's a dick but it seems they are either 'true bleevers' or effing stupid. 

Well, Greene is not hard to figure out. Her 14th district of Georgia is the last bastion of former KKK white supremacists and Qanon quacks. Manchin is harder to figure out. Who is he representing, if anyone?
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2021 at 13:45
Seems I gave Manchin too much credit...apparently the bill is very popular in WV but once again it comes to money:

HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2021 at 21:21
Trump's re-instatement will be a spiritual one.
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2021 at 08:49
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Seems I gave Manchin too much credit...apparently the bill is very popular in WV but once again it comes to money:

There's little doubt that Machin is getting support from both sides of the fence, without the need for this article to back it up. He's even playing the fence itself!
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 14:09
Donald Trump is a genius compared to Louie Gohmert. Did anyone see his comment about changing the course of the earth or the moon?

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 14:59
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

Donald Trump is a genius compared to Louie Gohmert. Did anyone see his comment about changing the course of the earth or the moon?

I guess he thinks the Forest Service has steering wheels somewhere for both the Earth and the moon. Trump thinks the moon is a part of Mars, so I guess there must be a steering wheel for Mars somewhere too. Republicans scare me on many levels.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2021 at 15:22
Space Force!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 402403404405406 434>