Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How many here listens contemporary classical music
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many here listens contemporary classical music

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lewian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2020 at 08:47
Another prog musician who released a nice album of (more or less) classical piano music - not really very modern but at least some time around end 19th century "modern" (so should be fine for those who don't like things becoming too atonal).
He's Cardiacs keyboarder who also has some nice folk proggy solo albums, in case you wondered.

Edited by Lewian - June 09 2020 at 08:49
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2020 at 08:02
Originally posted by Lewian Lewian wrote:

Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

One thing that we have not heard, and I'm not sure that it has been released, or that it will be, was an evening of Edgar Froese music done by an orchestra in Germany before he changed to a cosmic address ... and my guess is that it was not that good, or that great, but I think it is a good start ... even KS was invited and he had nice things to say.

I'd be curious to hear that but I'm skeptical. Edgar Froese is so much about the sound. I can imagine orchestral versions to work (albeit in a quite different way), but then I can also imagine this to go wrong, as it subtracts something essential the music was about.

EF would be ideal for classical music, since his compositions, even though are about the "sound" are very classically minded which the current TD does not know about or understand since they came up with the machines and not the "music" itself.

EF's material, specially when you see the band in concert from 2000 to 2015, was about adding another bit and piece on top, sort of like adding an instrument to the whole, and my fun take on this is that it was music with 20/25 different lines of music on the musical sheet, where as the average rock band it all fits in 5 to 6 different lines of music, and ... MOVE ASIDE ... here comes the solo!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345