Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asia - Alpha is the most popular album right now?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asia - Alpha is the most popular album right now?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2020 at 20:43
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I saw where someone posted online that they thought Astra was proto prog metal. Does anyone on here agree with that? Tongue

here on PA? I haven't seen that. 
No, nothing remotely metal in Asia's music. 
Some melodic hard rock at times. 

No, on on a youtube post for one of the songs from that album(I don't remember which one but possibly "too late"). 

Maybe you should listen to the Astra album. It's definitely metal or metallish at the very least imo. The first two aren't even really hard rock. Just regular rock with mild prog tendencies.

I know the Astra album. 
I don't hear metal in Astra. 
Confused

Agree to disagree then. 
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2020 at 02:07
Astra was the third album right? The only memorable tracks were Voice Of America (about Brian Wilson) and Go (but more for the video which is truly cringeworthy even by 80's standards)  . Mandy Meyer replaced Steve Howe and he was also in a heavy metal band called Krokus so that's were the connection is I presume. Its mainly commercial 'pomp rock' perhaps a bit heavier than the first 2 albums. I wouldn't call it 'metal' though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345