Topic ClosedThe 2012 NFL thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 63>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2012 at 22:09
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Not to be this guy but Catcher...you DO see where it's tough to believe you right? LOL

Are you 100% sincere in that belief? If it was discovered the Niners had a bounty on Drew Brees, thus going out of their way to try and hurt him you would not be crying for penalties? Remember that any injury has a chance that player may never fully recover from it. It just looks kind of bad you are against the call AND so passionately and that it happens to affect your teamLOL

Like I said in the above post...Drew Brees is a vet and the team can rally. I think the punishments were appropriate and the physical team won't suffer from it. Though sadly, ever hard hit even if its 100% clean there will be questions.
Also Gregg Williams is done, depending on when his suspension is up. If it's like 2 years, I think there's a good chance no one will pick him up again.

If the Giants were busted with this I'd be just as supportive as I am now. The whole bounty thing is wrong.
We know it happens...the Pack managed to slide by, but this is certainly a warning...knock it off because if you do get caught the hammer will be brought.

Where do I say I think it is RIGHT? And where did I say I was against any CALL...what call? I don't understand.....you are putting words in my mouth.

I could care less that it is the Saints.....PERIOD!!!!!! That's not what I am talking about....Except that people are talking about the Warner hit which is ridiculous IMO...he was in the play and it was a legal hit.

My only point is that the NFL is hiding behind this punishment. Everyone is saying..."yea it happens and probably gonna keep happening."  So then all I am saying is GODell needs to do something about it........Put some effort into it.....a monkey could have handed down those penalties.....It was not rocket science.

Every hard hit where the player ends up on the ground, people start looking for the flag and a fine.......If that's the case then change the rules and have them play without helmets and no hitting allowed and they can wear belts with flags on them.

NFL needs to wake up and do something about the bounty.....This has done nothing to deter the players from talking about it or doing it.
That's my point
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2012 at 16:36
So the suspended Payton is looking to hand pick his successor, asked Bill Parcells to unretire for the year.
I can't believe he's even allowed to talk to anyone about such matters.

I was curious how suspended he was....get the f**k out of here or he can still talk to people and etc
Looks like he's not toooo suspended. Ah Goodell, you truly are a joke.
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2012 at 17:50
I got a kick out of this. Stolen from King's MMQB article.

"Okay, so Peyton Manning was a tremendous MVP quarterback, but he's been injured. If that injury comes back, Denver will find itself without a quarterback. And in my opinion, it would serve them right."

-- Evangelist Pat Robertson of the 700 Club, talking about Denver's decision to sign Peyton Manning and trade Tebow

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/03/26/meetings/index.html#ixzz1qGYSseCM

"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 11:35

So the suspended Payton is looking to hand pick his successor, asked Bill Parcells to unretire for the year.
I can't believe he's even allowed to talk to anyone about such matters.

I was curious how suspended he was....get the f**k out of here or he can still talk to people and etc
Looks like he's not toooo suspended. Ah Goodell, you truly are a joke.

I think, not sure, that the suspension does not start till April 1......I also heard he and Loomis are attending the meetings in Palm Springs or wherever?

So yea GODell gave them time to figure this out before the "suspension" really starts.

Another way the NFL is just saying....lets push this under the rug and get on with it. I really doubt the NFL will be policing Payton's personal cell phone calls or "visits" to his house by certain people.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 11:42
Yes. He's not suspended yet. So there's no reason he shouldn't be able to talk.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 13:28
Ah well that explains it.
In that case you're right though as Catcher said it's more or less an end around.

manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2012 at 21:34
WILLIAM GAY IS GONE!  HOORAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Time always wins.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 10:28
The NFL regular season will now follow the modified overtime rules. All turnovers will be automatically reviewed.

Consider me happy.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 10:59
Ugh

Time always wins.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 13:39
Originally posted by Equality 7-2521 Equality 7-2521 wrote:

The NFL regular season will now follow the modified overtime rules. All turnovers will be automatically reviewed.

Consider me happy.

I'd still like a modification of the OT rules but indeed. I'm glad both of these are in effect. Thumbs Up
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 13:42
They are still using the "both teams get a chance unless a TD is scored on the very first play" rule?
I thought it was kinda pointless to do that, but in 99% of cases at least both teams will get a chance to score. I hated sudden death OT.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 17:07
Here's hoping there aren't any OTs ever again.  If I wasn't raised to be a diehard Steelers fan I'd have stopped watching this joke of a league by now.  There are few people on this planet I absolutely hate and the current jackass running the NFL is one of them.

Time always wins.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2012 at 18:59

They are still using the "both teams get a chance unless a TD is scored on the very first play" rule?
I thought it was kinda pointless to do that, but in 99% of cases at least both teams will get a chance to score. I hated sudden death OT.

I do believe its first drive (not play) but yes, thats the one that will now be implimented in the regular season.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2012 at 00:06
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

Here's hoping there aren't any OTs ever again.  If I wasn't raised to be a diehard Steelers fan I'd have stopped watching this joke of a league by now.  There are few people on this planet I absolutely hate and the current jackass running the NFL is one of them.

Lets nip this in the bud.....ALL plays should be reviewed, just to make sure nobody is holding, pushing, spitting, kicking, pinching or calling another player a bad name....that would not be a nice thing in the National Football League.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 15:48
I hate the Saints. I've hated them since 2007. I just don't like the franchise. Then the bounty thing happened and I hated them more.

Now if this is true: I really hate them.

Saints GM reportedly spying on opposing coaches.

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 21:40
Shame, I always liked the Saints.

Much as it pains me, I wonder if rampant cheating (as in more than usual "dirty football things") is more common than we think.
Remember the Packers got in trouble for the same bounty thing a few years ago, but it pretty much got ignored.
(Again, must be great to be one of the most popular teams)

And...well everyone from the Belicheck umbrella seems to be a cheat.

Guess this is why it's best to stop caring about fairness in sports lolol

Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2012 at 23:04
^ There is no fairness in sports anymore...The high salaries do not allow it
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2012 at 19:00
Draft time.
I'm not really too into all this draft madness, I just hope the Giants address their needs.

Which is:
1- O line
2- Back 7 defense
3- A good wideout.

The receiver is not as critical as the first two, but we've seen what Eli can do with 3 good targets.
O line is a must, fix that sh*tty ass run game and let Eli be even better, unless he functions best when under pressure 70% of the timeLOL

I'd say a linebacker is critical but...well we've ignored it for years and manage to escape, the secondary is more important anyway.

Get some help for Bradshaw and Eli, shore up the D a bit, and hopefully add a big wideout and I see the G men maybe winning the next 3 Super BowlsWink

Edited by JJLehto - April 26 2012 at 19:06
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2012 at 19:07
Whew....after 2 god damn years Andrew Luck is finally in the NFL.

Glad that story is over, now the irrational expectations and comparisons to Peyton shall commence!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2012 at 21:58
We'll see what the Giants do, but so far I think the NFC E have had amazing drafts. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 63>