Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTangerine Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2012 at 03:02
The problem with me for these early Tangerine Dream albums isn't their length (hell, I can listen to Zeit all the way through any day of the week), it's that it is music that makes me invest my thought. The sounds trigger such a deep trance it is scary in a way, it changes my emotions like no other music does. In a way, that is awesome, but it is also scary.
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2012 at 03:14
Originally posted by Big Ears Big Ears wrote:

I like The Sorcerer soundtrack.

Edgar Froese's Aqua was recorded at the time of the Virgin-era TD, can anyone tell me how it compares?

All of Edgar's solo albums up through 1983 were released on Virgin, and IMO are better than Aqua. This includes

Macula Transfer
Epsilon In Malaysian Pale
Ages
Stuntman (my personal favorite)
Pinnacles

Edgar recorded a new solo several years back called Dalinetopia. It's okay, but not like the good ol' days.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2012 at 05:45
I see you've got Virgin Years 74-83, and that should cover more or less every essential album relevant to your tastes. Ecept Green Desert. Its supposedly recorded in 1973 (and  not released until 1986) but sounds like its from 1975. 

richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2012 at 10:11
Originally posted by verslibre verslibre wrote:

Originally posted by Big Ears Big Ears wrote:

I like The Sorcerer soundtrack.

Edgar Froese's Aqua was recorded at the time of the Virgin-era TD, can anyone tell me how it compares?

All of Edgar's solo albums up through 1983 were released on Virgin, and IMO are better than Aqua. This includes

Macula Transfer
Epsilon In Malaysian Pale
Ages
Stuntman (my personal favorite)
Pinnacles

Edgar recorded a new solo several years back called Dalinetopia. It's okay, but not like the good ol' days.
I reckon Stuntman and Epsilon are his best. Pinnacles is similar to Hyperborea but not as good while Aqua is a bit like Rubycon but again not as good. Thats not to say they are bad though. I am still quite fond of Pinnacles and Aqua is okay. Ages was originally a double album release and has a lot of interesting material.
btw for some reason Macula Transfer is not on the recent Virgin box set release of Edgar Froese solo work covering 1974 - 1983. Know why that is?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345