Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Playlist,Ranting And Random Thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 105>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2022 at 00:26
Amor Vincit Omnia only a band like Pure Reason Revolution could use a Latin title for there second album.
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2022 at 00:47
I’m definitely in Jambands mode. Phish are hitting the spot for the start!!!!

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2022 at 01:42
What a difference a day makes, now my bowels have gone totally the opposite way. Argh! IBS SUCKS!!!!

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2022 at 01:52
Ok. Are we alone in the solar system? I’m sure that we’re not the only intelligent species in this vast solar system. Maybe they’ve seen what a mess of our planet and decided not to make contact with us. I for one don’t blame them for that reason only. Because for a so called intelligent species some of us are surely extremely stupid. Which casts doubt on Darwin’s theory of evolution. As apes use their brains to communicate and their ecosystem is smarter than our own, maybe we should regress backwards. Then maybe we’d start a fresh and evolving society again.

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2022 at 03:53
Well wow wow wee. My order of two Breadfish have just arrived. So now there’s a slight chance that my playlist could change. Oh oh oh. But that’s could have happened anyway knowing me lol. The two albums are Sleeping In Traffic part 1&2 so glad to finally have them on a physical copies downloads are ok. But a Vinyl or Cd is. Best imho.

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2022 at 04:55
Having an early dinner as June’s gotten an appointment for a massage and she’s been giving a hour massage. Instead of the half hour appointment.

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2022 at 10:58
Well we’ve picked up the cat from the vets. Now we’re waiting for the vet to call us with the results. Fingers crossed that it’s nothing serious.

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2022 at 13:13
Well I’m now watching:
The Lone Ranger
Not listened to the Jambands on my playlist. Tomorrow I’m going to listen to:
Breadfish - Sleeping In Traffic Part One
Breadfish - Sleeping In Traffic Part Two
They’re better than the downloads. Progressive Rock at its sheer a
awesomeness imho…

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2022 at 00:29
Good morning it’s Wednesday if it makes you happy where halfway through the week, now I’m listening to.
Beardfish - Sleeping In Traffic: Part One
Brilliant way to start the day off right, headphones on, caffeine fix and prog. Result. I cannot believe it, finally found the thread for the fabulous Breadfish to discover that the thread is actually “Closedown” oh crap. Gutted to find out. Maybe because the bands split up, it’s not receiving enough posts. Ok let’s look at the possibilities that are available to us currently. Conversation about other topics, including enlightenment. Endless discussion are within our grasp all we need do is start talking about the topic we wish to discuss. Like the philosophy within music, I’ve noticed that the composer Wagner has philosophical roots throughout his “Opera’s” but I can’t recall any specific examples within perspective of progressive rock music but. I could be wrong about that one lol, interesting idea though research on this one. Positive thoughts herein just thought that maybe Magma could’ve elements of philosophy in its formation. Better stop there thinking about that or. I’ll start talking gibberish. Plus it’s too early for a topic as involved as philosophical debate’s. Can’t help but wonder if or way. I’m often a singular individual who doesn’t fit into certain criteria of society mostly the interaction between people! I’ve found myself at odds with the stupidity of some of the situations that they’re describing or acting out. Like when there’s an event like. A vegan rally takes place and some brain dead individual shows up and starts eating raw meat, accordingly. I’d like to see if they’d like it if the cows started eating raw people. Oh I’m not vegan. But since I’ve suffered from IBS and Diabetes.I’ve cut out meat and processed foods, and I’ve found it helps me with theses symptoms. Its just the idea of someone narrow minded stupidity to insult someone else’s life choices. I mean like on a personal level. I’ve had idiots say there narrow minded viewpoints on progressive rock. Argh!

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2022 at 01:15
Catch a thought and see where it leads to.

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2022 at 06:55
Feeling like I need to isolate myself from the rest of the World. I’m so overwhelmed by the madness surrounding my mind right now, its so incredibly intense.

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2022 at 07:46
Been looking at the progressive rock radio stations and the two that. I’ve heard are amazing so. I’ve downloaded the app’s to my iPhone.

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2022 at 08:40
Mmm been listening and searching for symphonic, progressive bands on Bandcamp for a while today and. I’ve found something old, new and undiscovered albums that are only available on Digital Album Format. Oh poop. I’d honestly rather have a physical copy of the albums. Myself but I’d rather at least have something of the band’s music. Than having nothing at all. But I only have my iPhone. To download them to and don’t think that. I’ve gotten enough memory to download all of them. Boo who wants me to do lol. Trying to select only a few would be an absolute nightmare for me lol.

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2022 at 23:05
Mmm this isn’t funny anymore awake at. Stupid O’CLOCK argh. So I’m listening to.
Breadfish Sleeping In Traffic: Part Two
Sonic boom oh and a large caffeine boost lol, and last night my viewing pleasure was.
Sleepy Hollow
Batman Vs Superman
Justice League
Mortal Engines
Phew! I’m glad to say that I had an amazing time watching all the dvds. The caffeine is hitting the spot now. The only things that sadly aren’t getting any attention from yours truly are my other favourite pastimes Literature and Fantasy Models so far this last few months eeks. That’s not good enough at all. As my piles of shame aren’t small as it is and they’re only going to get larger the longer that. I am not doing them so. I’d better get trying to get them done before they grow! Haha I’m sure they’ll grow even if they’re being done it’s just the way it. Is with me being like. I’ve always been bookworm and modelling freak. The model pile of SHAME is the biggest one of the two lol.

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2022 at 00:34
Listening to: Lands End - Natural Selection

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2022 at 00:46
Reviews Lands End biography We could call LANDS END the first "aquatic progressive" band. The fact that they live on the shores of the Pacific Ocean seems like it has quite inspired these musicians and we find many allusions to the sea in their albums. Starting from rather simple neo Progressive rock, they built their own style made of energetic guitar assisted by keyboards, over which added vocals. Their music is very progressive, somewhere in the middle between PINK FLOYD, GENESIS and YES, and the musicians don't hesitate to adventure themselves into long instrumental jams. On their second release "Terra Serranum", the band mixes beautiful calm melodies with more uptempo progressive rock which allows the talents of Fred Hunter keyboards and Francisco on guitars to shine. "Drainage" is a compilation of live performances in California and Mexico between 1996-98. On "Natural Selection", they perform a lyrical and elaborated Progressive rock with refined and powerful melodies. This is a release of 74 minutes of pure quality music. Their music appeals to fans of THE MOODY BLUES, RITUAL, STEVE HACKETT and PINK FLOYD.

I’m not ashamed to admit that I’m a huge. Admire of the band.

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2022 at 01:20
Right now I’m 6mins into the 30 minute epic and title track Natural Selection sheer awesomeness.

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2022 at 09:11
Had my appointment with the psychiatrist today and it went really well. Called into the couple of charity shops near to the hospital. And found four dvds.
Jurassic Park 3
The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
At Sue Ryder’s shop both where Ł1.25
Batman Begins
Transfromers
From Debra Shop both were 50p each.

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2022 at 09:12
Watched:
Jurassic Park 3

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2022 at 13:46
Watched:
The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Now watching:
Batman Begins

Music Is Live

<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 105>