Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProg and the younger generation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2008 at 07:47
I'm sure many young people would like prog if they'd just know about it. I'm 14 and a huge fan of Genesis. There was a music lesson at school when everyone had to bring their current favourite song and the others would rate it. I brought "Dancing with the moonlit knight" (on LP) and it was a great success. It went #2.
alanerc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2008 at 13:00
Well, some bands turn their music to mainstream, then the tennagers who like that bands start looking for ttheir early works, influence bands and related acts

hen, they start with prog

then they enter in PA

then they fall in love with Magma LOL
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2008 at 13:07
I'm a 'young people' and I love Prog! I've gotten my best friend into it as well, so there are two youthful fans of the genre right there.

My ex-girlfriend only like one album by Pink Floyd (Animals even put her to sleep!), so I can see where the topic starter is coming from, but honestly, there are plenty of young people who are into this, it's just that they are spread apart susually. You'll be hard pressed to find ten dedicate prog fans in one town, yet you can probably count thousands across the country.

Alot of young people like Prog and don't even know it, as well. I was one of those people, and had it not been for this site, I may still not be as into it as I am now.
Zoso- View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2008 at 13:37
^ hehe you joined on my bday :P

I'm a "young adult" per say also and there are plenty of others like myself who are prog rock fans. Admittedly it's not the norm, as rap and emo crap seem to take over the charts and airplay.
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2008 at 14:03
^ hehe you joined today :P

Seriousely, though, I know what you mean. On the whole, people my age are listening to trash, but the select few who know what good music is always find themselves eventually. Hell, look at this website. Who knew so many people shared the love for a long-dead fad that happened in the 70s? I sure didn't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567