Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWho is your favourite revolutionary?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 24>
Poll Question: Who is your favourite revolutionary?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [8.33%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [5.56%]
3 [8.33%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.78%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [5.56%]
1 [2.78%]
1 [2.78%]
0 [0.00%]
17 [47.22%]
6 [16.67%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 02:45
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

ISIL is not a state, Princip was a terrorist, and there's absolutely no need to copy and paste that massive post
Not an internationaly recognized state, of course, but they call themselfs a state (same as Albanian terrorists from KLA, who were at an official and published  CIA's terrorist groups list untill 1997,  in 2008 just proclaimed that they are the state of Kosovo and USA, UK, Germany and other powerful NATO countries recognized them as a state) and kill the people for the religion believes same as Austro-Hungarian officers were killing Ortodox Christian peasants if they didn't accepted to turn themself into Roman-Catholics, after annexation of Bosnia. So Autro-Hungaria, as per your pretzel logic, was terrorist state as ISIL now as well, or at least the state who officially, as per documents and photos, was supported the terrorism on civilans only due to their different religion believes. And therefore, Gavrilo was a hero who just killed Archduke of an terrorist state.

Edited by Svetonio - September 18 2015 at 03:06
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 03:06
Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

Gavrilo Princip couldn't be a terrorist in 1914 because such a "profession" wasn't existed at the time. 
The word "terrorisme" was used during the French Revolution (1793-94) in regard to government intimidation, the use of the word "terrorist" was first used in English in 1798 in reference to the Irish Rebellion. To presume that terrorists and terrorism is a later invention (League of Nations, 1930) would be incorrect. Acts of terrorism existed before it had a name, just as dinosaurs existed long before we gave them names.

And about exactly how The Great War started, without a hint of revisionism created by fascists, I do shamelessly quoted my opening post from an earlier thread:
What you wrote was a chronology that no one disputes, not even revisionist fascists (whoever the hell that scum are they can fu*k right off) or apparent gore-loving, glory-hunting, war-worshippers such as yourself. It does not tell how and why the stupid war started.

...from the same tread:

Originally posted by Dean, in post dated 28th July 2014 Dean, in post dated 28th July 2014 wrote:

It was another stupid war in a succession of stupid wars, there is no honour or glory in warfare, it is pointless and barbaric and above all else, stupid. There is no better word to describe war than stupid, it is a measure of the stupidity of mankind, the stupidity of nations and stupidity of those that govern them. The first world war was a stupid loss of life for stupid reasons. The assassination of Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo was the stupid excuse for the stupid war but it wasn't the cause; the causes were far more stupid and the stupid reasons why it escalated to a world-war were the most stupid of all

We must remember the 18 million dead and morn them but in the same voice denounce all those that started it, all those that escalated it and perpetuated it and all those who would glorify it.

Edited by Dean - September 18 2015 at 03:07
What?
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 03:18
I'd like just to inform the readers of this thread that i ignore what  Dean is posting here since long time ago, actually since he started to insult me at this forums, for example here. I'm just avoid to chat with such characters.

p.s. Dean knows it very well, but I'm always being quoted by him, because he wants to use my non-answer and silence that he tries to create an illusion that his tragicomic "arguments" (adressed to me) are compelling; he adressed so many post to me (although he knows that will be no reply from my side) at so many threads just in favor that you think that I'm flattered by his posts.

Edited by Svetonio - September 18 2015 at 05:18
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 03:31

I'd like just to inform the readers of this thread that i ignore what  Dean is posting here since long time ago, actually since he started to insult me at this forums, for example here. I'm just avoid to chat with such characters.
Ah, I see the broken logic here, by ignoring me you think you can continue your immature behaviour unchallenged. Sorry sunshine, that ain't ever going to happen.

For your information, my post was not an insult, it was a request.

Edited by Dean - September 18 2015 at 03:35
What?
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 05:31

p.s. Dean knows it very well, but I'm always being quoted by him, because he wants to use my non-answer and silence that he tries to create an illusion that his tragicomic "arguments" (adressed to me) are compelling; he adressed so many post to me (although he knows that will be no reply from my side) at so many threads just in favor that you think that I'm flattered by his posts.

I can't possibly speak for Dean, but when you engage in discussions over a forum such as this, you're bound to get the odd duck who disagrees with you................................but when the odd duck turns out to be almost every guy that responds you, then there might just be something about their critique. 

You can call me old fashioned too, but posting pictures and quotes by some of the most reviled and hated persons from the 20th century is not going to help you garner any sympathy either.

Oh and Dean is right. He may be blunt and outspoken but he is, at least, looking at history from a realistic and critical point of view (unlike some). 

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 05:41
Svetonio's "compadres" can always answer my posts on his behalf, and they frequently do. Wink
What?
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 05:50
For those who think, and expressed such opinion at this thread, that Tito was a mass murderer (only because he was a communist) the question is: would you ever thought that Winston Churchill would hosted the festive welcome for a "mass murderer"?

Prime Minister of the Great Britain Sir Winston Churchill and Foreign Secretary Sir Anthony Eden welcomed Marshal Tito in London.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 06:16
All that means is that you have to be prepared to mingle with some pretty disgusting people, if you're ever going to make it in politics.
Here's one with Churchill and Stalin:

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 06:31
Guldb, you are not at my level when it comes to politics; you can only turn out funny.

First, Churchill was in Moscow in 1943, Churchill meet Stalin at Yalta, etc., and Stalin never was welcomed in London, especially not with that ceremonial Guard (if  you even know what that ceremonial Guard meant in UK at that time).
Second, don't tell me that Queen Elizabeth II also meet Stalin.

Edited by Svetonio - September 18 2015 at 06:34
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 06:34
It's alright, you didn't get my point anyway (as per usual).

- Douglas Adams
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 06:37
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Just be glad that I answered to one of Dean's "lawyers".
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 06:46

That is actually really funny coming from someone who never answers anything other than what he deems appropriate (which often results in a small bit of someone's post, you then decide to 'answer' with pictures, vids or copypasted sh*t from the internet).

Dean's lawyer?LOL Trust me, Dean can fend for himself. 

- Douglas Adams
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 06:47

cheap shot, poorly aimed, failed to hit the target, hits sniper in his own foot. LOL
What?
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 06:51

The roles must have switched sometime during the last seven weeks ConfusedWink.

Edited by someone_else - September 18 2015 at 06:54
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 07:37
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Svetonio has already shown how incomprehensible his political beliefs are, he could say he likes Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler, Netanyahu, Mao Zedong, and Kim Jong-Il and I still wouldn't be surprised.
Stalin and Hitler can not be in the same line. Do you have been in school? Perhaps you don't know who was Hitler and / or who defeated Hitler. Actually, Stalin defeated Hitler.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 07:40
LOL or is that Cry?

Edit: Joseph Stalin was every bit as horrible as Hitler was. They are both tainted in innocent blood. Stalin may have helped defeat fascism, but he did so not out of mercy but out of political opportunity. The very same that lead into the 'iron curtain'.

Edited by Guldbamsen - September 18 2015 at 07:46

- Douglas Adams
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 07:53

LOL or is that Cry?

Edit: Joseph Stalin was every bit as horrible as Hitler was. They are both tainted in innocent blood. Stalin may have helped defeat fascism, but he did so not out of mercy but out of political opportunity. The very same that lead into the 'iron curtain'.

Well, I know who you are and what drive you crazy....So, one nice pic more for you:

emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 07:55
Originally posted by Dean, in post dated 28th July 2014 Dean, in post dated 28th July 2014 wrote:

We must remember the 18 million dead and morn them but in the same voice denounce all those that started it, all those that escalated it and perpetuated it and all those who would glorify it.

I certainly agree all wars, without exception, are idiotic, but I haven't seen anybody trying to glorify WWI.  On the contrary, it is one war that appears to be safe from that particular brand of stupidity.

I have no idea what the rest of the discussion is about anymore, but that particular phrase stood out.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 08:03

LOL or is that Cry?

Well, I know who you are and what drive you crazy....So, one nice pic more for you:

It's ok Svetty. You can turn this into whatever you want to. It still doesn't change the fact, that you are celebrating mass-murderers and tyrants with these recent posts of your's.

- Douglas Adams
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 08:20

(...) Joseph Stalin was every bit as horrible as Hitler was. (...)

Do you ever feel ashamed, Guldb?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 24>