FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFive albums that changed your life

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 14:00
1. Nightwish - some best of :
my friend introduced me to metal via Nightwish, because he knew of my sensitivity (read : dislike black or death metal). Without this band I would not have gone on to listen to prog metal and prog rock.

2. Pendragon - Not of this world :
my first neo-prog rock album, and still one of my favourite. With this album, I quickly started listening to Pendragon, which is now my favourite band with Riverside.

3. The Who - Who's next :
my parents put it in the car every time we went on vacations, as a young teenager. Without my parents' taste for 70's rock and The Who, I wouldn't have gone on to be keen on 70's rock myself.

4. Riverside - Second Life Syndrome :
listened to it on a plane by night... What a impression it made on me ! I have since become a Riverside fan.

5. Pink Floyd - The Dark side of the moon :
for all the reason mensionned for each album above.
Calculate900 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 15:33
Not in any order, but:

Pink Floyd- The Dark Side of the Moon was the album that introduced me to Pink Floyd, and, ultimately, to prog/experimental rock.  The first time I heard the entire album was at a laser light show.  It's still one of my favorite performances, and I only wish I could've seen the actual band live.  As for the album, it's still epic, even after hearing it many, many times.

Rush- 2112 introduced me to the concept of "epics."  The first time I listened to "2112," I thought, "Wow, this is one hell of a song."  I loved the length of it; it didn't take anything away, but it made it worlds more interesting.  Sure, the rest of the album wasn't as good, but I do think it's nowhere near as bad as it's rep.

AC/DC- Live, overall, had the biggest impact on me music-wise.  It was the album that introduced me to the classic rock genre, and I instantly became more interested in the classics after listening to this.  My dad rented it from a library, and I thought "Back In Black," "Highway to Hell," "Dirty Deeds," and "You Shook Me All Night Long" were some of the most amazing songs ever created (now my opinion's changed, but they're still among my favorites).

ELO- All Around the World
certainly got me into the Electric Light Orchestra, but it also made me analyze music with an open mind.  I regard Ian Anderson's flute work with Jethro Tull as beyond amazing, and I think Robby Steindhardt's violin work with Kansas was great.  Where my friends say, "The violin/flute/whatever doesn't sound good in rock music," I show them otherwise.

Bon Jovi- Slippery When Wet had a larger impact on my mother than myself.  Ever since her mid-life crisis started a few years ago, she's been crazy about Jon Bon Jovi and his music.  I haven't heard so much Bon Jovi in my life, but I suppose I should be grateful.  We saw him in concert last year, and he put on one of the best performances I've ever seen.
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 15:51
Many, but perhaps these were the most important.
1) Genesis Live.
This album got me into music. Not only how it sounded, but also the pictures on it in the strange light. I just loved the eerie guitar tones in the quiet part of "The Knife".
2) Gong - You.
This album made me want to become a drummer; it definitely had an enormous influence on me.
3) Ash Ra Tempel - Join Inn.
I loved the contrast between the fast and, compared to the other side of the album, heavy music and the dreamy sounds and voice of  Rosi on the other. The album that got me into Krautrock.
4) Hawkwind - Warrior on the Edge of Time.
The album that got me into Hawkwind. I loved the "brain saw" sound of the keyboard in "Assault and Battery - The Golden Void" and all the other freaky stuff.
5) Tangerine Dream - Alpha Centauri.
I loved the whole album, but especially "Fly and Collision of Comas Sola"; I imagined a comet crashing into a planet on this one.

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
KingCrimson250 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 23:41
LTIA
#1. King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic
This album absolutely blew my mind. The most creative, most explorative album I've ever heard. I have never been so moved or affected by a piece of music, and I long for the day when I find another album that has the same impact on me. I treat this one with a lot of reverence. I remember being broken when it was over, because it was just one of those albums that you never wanted to end.

SEBTP
#2. Genesis: Selling England By The Pound

When I first started getting into music, I just went through my dad's CD collection and grabbed some at random. One was Genesis: Turn It On Again: The Hits. I listened to that over and over again, I couldn't get enough. Anyway, I was out one day and I saw this album for sale for $11. I recognized it (I Know What I Like was on Turn It On Again, though it was probably my least favourite song) and bought it. Man, was my life changed. I couldn't listen to TIOA anymore. Once the magic of Dancing, Firth of Fifth and Cinema show entered my head, the rest of it just didn't sound good. So both my first prog album and the first album I ever bought. Marked my life indelibly.

Still don't really enjoy I Know What I Like though LOL

Crisis, What Crisis?

#3. Supertramp - Crisis? What Crisis?

This was the first album I'd ever received, I got this and Breakfast in America for Christmas maybe around nine years ago, and the album that first got me into music and caused me to look up the aforementioned Genesis compilation. The choir and strings on "A Soapbox Opera" always gave me chills.

#4. Anglagard: Hybris

Like others have said, it's the album that made me aware of post-70s prog. I still remember how I felt when I first heard Jordrok. It was an incredibly exciting moment, I just couldn't get over how good it was. I kept re-listening to it, like "Holy crap, is this real?" I never had any idea that something like this could have come out as recently as the 90s. This is what got me into really exploring prog as a genre, rather than as four or five artists from the 70s. I began searching around on the Internet and found all sorts of great music. Incredible.

#5. Pink Floyd: The Division Bell

Really tough choice between this one and Solaris' Marsbeli Kronikak (the latter being an unintentional download that ended up having a huge influence on me), but this one came through because not only did it introduce me to Pink Floyd, it's the album that really made me want to become a guitarist. Solo after gut-wrenching solo. It's not nearly as good as some of their earlier works, but of course at the time I didn't know that. I wish I hadn't lost the CD, I'm sure it's got a powerful nostalgia factor...
TheLastBaron View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2009 at 02:07
Well let me start with a disclaimer. I've always been a fan of classic 60's and 70's rock. When I was eight years old I became a fan of metal. Throughout highschool those forms of music where all that I listened to. I became a big fan of Rush, Pink Floyd, and Jethro Tull during my junior year. I didn't know they where considered prog until barely two years ago. One of my best freinds that I met at community college liked Rush, Pink Floyd and Jethro Tull alot and informed me of prog as a genre and other bands that I should check out. So this list is a mix of prog, metal and classic rock.

1. Master of Puppets - Metallica
- At the age of eight my mom bought me the black album by metallica, and that got me started on metal. Yet when I was ten years old my uncle told me, " That album sucks, its a total sell out piece of poppy crap, listen to this." He handed me a copy of Master of Puppets. It blew me away. The lyrics where better both in subject matter and the way they where song. The compositions where much more complex and deep. The album was fast, heavy and beautiful in so many ways.

2. Queen 2- Queen

In junior high one of my pals invited me to chill at his house after school. His older brother was a huge Queen fan. As I walked around the hosue I could hear Ogre Battle blaring in the living room. I was very intrigued by what I heard and had to know who was shredding that guitar and whose voice was so unique. He burnt me the album and since then Queen has been one of my favorite bands and Queen 2 has been one of my favorite albums.

3. Who's Next

I had recieved a greatest hits who album during my freshmen year of highschool. I enjoyed it and was looking to find some albums. One afternoon I visited a local record store and saw a copy of Who's Next for ten bucks. I asked one of the employees if it was worth ten dollars and he replied " Its worth a lot more than that, don't pass it up." At first I was skeptical, but hey ten bucks isn't to bad. Listened to it on the bus ride back home and couldn't stop listening to it for days. The album grabbed me in so many ways and got me hooked on The Who. The Next Christmas I asked for a few who albums for christmas. And even though I love Quadrophenia, Tommy and Live at Leeds, Who's next is my favorite who album and I always consider it their masterpiece.

4. Powerslave - Iron Maiden
A few years ago my freind jeff invited me to hangout at his house. After a few hours of gaming and practicing the bass he asked if I wanted to listen to Iron Maiden. I knew who they where but never got around to hearing an entire album. he decided to play Powerslave. The album blew me away. From the the opening in Aces High to the end of Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner I was impressed. Since that day I've been a huge Maiden fan. I love Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Powerslave, Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Last year me, jeff, jim and tyler went to go see Iron Maiden in Los angeles. I bought Jeff a ticket as a birthday gift and as a way of thanking him for getting me into Iron Maiden.

5. Selling England by the pound- Genesis.

This may come to a shock as some, but I only heard this album a year ago. I've only been seriously into prog over the last year and half give or take a few months. To me this is the perfect album to really get someone into prog. It shows how great of genre it is. This album showcases all the strenghts of great work of prog rock. Great concept, great lyrics, very skilled musicianship. This album helped my explore other prog bands such as Yes, The Mars Volta, Dream Theater, King Crimson, Mastodon, and Opeth. All because of the similarities and influences those bands either had to or drew from the early Genesis era. This album isn't the last because its the worst of the five, in some ways I've saved the best for last. this album is the culmanation of my current addiction to prog and its various subgenres. Combined with the albums above it drove me to investigate the bands I listed earlier and listen to those other albums listed with a new ear.
" Men are not prisoners of fate, but prisoners of their own minds." - FDR
Doctor Robert View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2009 at 18:08
Originally posted by KingCrimson250 KingCrimson250 wrote:

Still don't really enjoy I Know What I Like though LOL

Blasphemy!
LinusW View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2009 at 18:18
Hmm. Not as drastic as the thread title suggests, but albums that were my embryonic prog interest, and thus transformed me into an elitist music geek wasting too much time here (joke) (or is it?) (joke again) (OR IS IT?) Ermm :

Kansas - Song For America
Rush - 2112
Yes - Fragile
Uriah Heep - Demons And Wizards
Jethro Tull - Aqualung

or something like that.

stormzsystem View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 02:21
Om - Variations On A Theme
Radiohead - Kid A
Sonic Youth - Confusion Is Sex
Swans - Children of God
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
The eye-shaking king!
prog4evr View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2009 at 22:01
Originally posted by ClemofNazareth ClemofNazareth wrote:

The energy this album exudes is incredible, and all the songs are timeless.

If you have to ask, you won't get it.

Made for a powerful soundtrack to an interesting time in my life.

I second the vote on Chicago II - a classic in jazz-rock fusion (do we get an "Amen" from Dick Heath?)  I also "get it" regarding Heart's first album - truly under-rated as far as pseudo-prog goes.  Definitely, you nailed it with Marillion's MC - probably my all-time favorite album from them, and from the 1980s in general...
geoburch View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 23:16
1. Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hears Club Band - The Beatles (my very 1st album, set the tone for my music tastes to this very day)
2. Face the Music - ELO (really just a continuation of my fascination with rock music mixed with strings and orchestral arrangements- also my first concert was ELO on this tour; really blew me away)
3. A Trick of the Tail - Genesis (discoved what REAL prog music was like)
4.  Moving Pictures - Rush (Made me a Rush fan for life)
5. In Absentia - Porcupine Tree (that was my discovery of the greatest prog rock band of the last 15 years - which also led to my discovery of Opeth, Blackfield, Dream Theater and more good new music than I never knew was out there.
Ben2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2009 at 01:25
Mmm...life changing. Good idea for a thread!

1. Dark Side Of The Moon - When I was around 16 years old, I was searching through my Dad's LP collection looking for something to listen to. I had never been much of a music fan before but I was curious to find something worth listening to. I ran across this striking album cover with no wording on it. I took it to my room and put it on the turntable. The record was scratchy as hell, but the strange vibe and laid-back, dreamy sounds came through loud and clear. I fell deeply in love with the album over the next couple of weeks and listened to it over and over until I had to buy the cassette tape and hear the music without the pops and cracks. This led me on a voyage of musical discovery over the next couple of years wherein I slowly acquired the entire Pink Floyd discography. Remember, this was before the internet and, living in a small town, most of the albums were tough to come by. This was a magical time in my life.

2. Yes - Classic Yes. A compilation, but it definitely changed my life. And it won't be the only compilation on my list. I was working at a Pizza Hut in my late teens. I had this really cool boss who had a CD collection numbering in the thousands and a $20,000 hi-fi home theater system (laserdisc baby!). We struck up a friendship and one day we were talking about music at work and he said, "If you're into Floyd, check out some other bands like Yes and ELP". I took his advice and went to the Wal-mart looking for some Yes to buy. All they had was Classic Yes so I scooped it up and went home to put it on my new CD player (this was one of my very first CD's). I was instantly blown away! If I remember correctly, "Heart of the Sunrise" is track 1 on that CD, and, well, you can imagine my reaction. Here was a band with music as adventurous and epic as Floyd but with the ability to play circles around any other band I'd ever heard. I started to seek out new albums, not just by Yes, but by all the classic prog bands. The rest is history.

3. Rush - Chronicles. Yep, another compilation. I had always liked the little I'd heard from Rush as my older brother and one of my uncles had been fans while I was growing up. That same uncle told me one day, "If you're into Yes, start buying some Rush albums."
Man, I'm glad I did! I decided to go with Chronicles as it was a good cross section of their career to that point. I wasn't sure which "era" would be for me. I fell in love with disc 1 and started from the beginning as far as filling in the discography. It took me a few years to begin to love the later stuff as well.

4. Genesis - The Lamb. I had already bought Nursery Cryme, then Foxtrot, but it hadn't clicked for me yet. I just couldn't put my finger on why, and to this day, I'm still not sure why I didn't like those albums at first as they're two that I absolutely love now.
But when my uncle (the same one as above) put on The Lamb one day while I was at his house, it finally clicked. From the first piano diddles to the end of disc 1 (we only listened to disc 1 that day), I was enthralled. I think part of it was the sound. It was so much more dynamic sounding than the two albums I had previously heard. That nasty, massive bass sound particularly fascinated me.
After I bought the CD for myself, I bought Selling England, and again I loved it from the start. I decided to give Nursery Cryme and Foxtrot another chance, and I could finally see the brilliance. And again, the rest is history.
The Lamb isn't even in my top 3 or 4 Genesis albums now, but it's the one that started the fascination for me.

5. Porcupine Tree - In Absentia. After discovering ProgArchives, I started to explore some of the highly regarded bands here that I had never heard of before. By far, my favorite discovery was Porcupine Tree, and the first CD I got was In Absentia. I immediately liked "Blackest Eyes", "Trains", and "The Sound of Muzak" especially. This led me to exploring more of their back catalog. And yet again, the rest is history. They are now my favorite modern band bar none.

Sorry for writing a book.
Daniel1974nl View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2009 at 10:10

It's a question that deserves a double answer. This because albums can change your musical preference but can they aso change the way you look at the world, politics and change your attitude towards everything.

Musically I think the 5 most important markingpoints were : (classic I know).

In chronological order of discovery

1  Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms

My ticket into lesser popular music....long guitarbased songs, that were clocking over the standard singlerate of 4 min. It brought me into alot more stuff of Dire Straits, Eric Clapton and so on.

2  Marillion - The Thieving Magpie

My introduction to Marillion and the cornerstone on which I changed my style drastically. I must have played alot of that album a 100 times....Fugazi, Chelsea Monday......I think that before I heard this album I never knew guitarwork could be so good or get so emotional.......I was about to discover, Camel, yet. I never lost my love for Rothery, although he never played like his early days again....Once again confirmed by what you can hear on Early Stages. Next stop was Script, Misplaced Season's End...........and so on.

3  Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound Of Thunder

After Marillion I began to desire to raise the bar for guitarwork. The first album I came across being abble to do this was this one............and......I still drew over the guitarwork of Gilmour. Right from Shine On Your Crazy Diamond....to the closing notes of Run Like Hell and everything what's in between...it blew me completely away...For long I prefered tp play this album mainly in the dark, due the dark and creepy atmosphere the album displays....Particularry the hynotizing swelling beginning of Shine On I or even more on One Of These Days.., It was not my first encounter with Pink Floyd as I already knew The Wall Live In Berlin......but it was certainly the album that took me on my Pink Floyd journey.

4  Genesis - Selling England By The Pound

Not my first Genesis, that were The Mama Tour, We Can't Dance, Genesis and Three Sides Live but definatly the album that brought me into Gabriel's music and the pre-Collins era..when I heard the first notes of Dancing With The Moonlit Knight, I still wonder if I ever have overcome that. After this I got into Nursery Crime, Live and ultimatly The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway....

5  Pendragon - The Window Of Life

The opening of The Walls of Babylon blew me of my socks.....I think it was for a long time the album that I was playing over and over and over..................and eventually became my tickert into the lesser known regions of Prog. IQ, Jadis and so on.....deeper and deeper.

Now....you can also wonder this not musically but the way it changed your life..,..and for that perspective I think it mainly were Roger Waters and Peter Gabriel that changed my life and everything I believed in more than anything before that....so much that I eventually decide to go study philosophy so that I could give some dept to the topics they were talking about Roger's lyrics of Animals, Amused To Death and as I realised later The Dark Side Of The Moon, have changed my whole way of thinking about life, materialism, earling money, MTV culture, Soceity and ofcourse politics. Peter brought me awareness of racial questions but more importantly....roused my interests in mythology as I was getting extremely curious of the stories behind the songs.......this brought me getting into classical literature, religion and ultimatly history.  They were my great guides that eventually made me what I am now.

1967/ 1976 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2009 at 10:37
it is difficult to say what 5 albums have changed my life (music). Surely these have helped to build my life:

Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso: 'Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso'

Rovesio Della Medaglia: 'I Grandi Del Rock'

Perigeo: 'I Grandi Del Rock'

Deep Purple: 'Made In Japan'

David Bowie: 'Space Oddity'
Captain Capricorn View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2009 at 10:45
5 albums that changed my life ...again

PFM - Per Un Amico
BdMS - Io Sono Nato Libero
BdMS - Darwin!
Il Balletto di Bronzo - Ys
Museo Rosenbach - Zarathustra

JROCHA View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2009 at 21:36
My Five:
De- Loused In The Comatorium - The Mars Volta- This album started my prog career off, yes a new band. From begining to end what a amazing roller coaster of a album.

Lateralus - Tool - This is know as the Tool Masterpiece and it is, the music is so powerful on this album, Still I have never hared such beautiful dark music.

2112 - Rush - This was my introduction to the greatest porg trio of all time. The title track speaks for itself. All three memebers display such great musicanship. And this band is very dear to my musical heart.

Red - King Crimson - Not my first KC album, but this album really intoduced to the dark side of prog. The last album of my favorite KC lineup. Brufrod,Fripp and Wetton..... and it could not get any better.

Panopticon - ISIS - This album introduced me to the post metal scene. My brother lent me this cd and i was amazed. I never heard a metal band sound like this. The atmosphere is like nothing else. Very epic music,now the post metal genere is a fave of mine.

ClemofNazareth View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Folk Researcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2009 at 21:48
Originally posted by prog4evr prog4evr wrote:

Originally posted by ClemofNazareth ClemofNazareth wrote:

The energy this album exudes is incredible, and all the songs are timeless.

If you have to ask, you won't get it.

Made for a powerful soundtrack to an interesting time in my life.

I second the vote on Chicago II - a classic in jazz-rock fusion (do we get an "Amen" from Dick Heath?)  I also "get it" regarding Heart's first album - truly under-rated as far as pseudo-prog goes.  Definitely, you nailed it with Marillion's MC - probably my all-time favorite album from them, and from the 1980s in general...

Big smile   

Thumbs Up

"Peace is the only battle worth waging."

Albert Camus
meptune View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2009 at 02:32
Wow, five that changed my life. That's tough because there are so many. Okay, right off the top of my head:
1. Zappa "Live In New York" (The Black Page of course)
2. Mahavishnu Orchestra "Birds of Fire" (the power of Cobham)
3. Genesis "Nursery Crime" (If for nothing else, for The Return of the Giant Hogweed)
4. King Crimson "Lark's Tongues in Aspic" (dark, twisted, weird, and Bruford)
5. Pierre Moerlen's Gong "Expresso II" (try to count Golden Dillema)
These albums had a profound effect on me as both a listener and a young musician. I had never heard anything like them. I'm a drummer and these albums, while maybe not the best representations of the drummers on them, certainly represent five of the best drummers of the day. Each recording struck me as profoundly unique and demonstrative of a level of artistry and craftsmenship that I would strive to achieve to this day. I've never grown tired of these recordings and I wouldn't hesitate (indeed I'm tempted) to play any of them this very moment.

Edited by meptune - June 17 2009 at 02:58

"Arf, she said"
Alucard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2009 at 04:47
I wouldn't go as far as the title, but definitely important records....

+the 45 Carpert Crawlers which brought me into Genesis

Edited by Alucard - June 17 2009 at 04:48
Tadpoles keep screaming in my ear
"Hey there! Rotter's Club!
Explain the meaning of this song and share it"

pianoman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2009 at 20:42

Agaetis Byrjun - Sigur Ros

Deadwing - Porcupine Tree (Before this album, I didnt really listen to music)

Close to the Edge - Yes

The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place - Explosions In the Sky

( ) - Sigur Ros

---Honorable Mentions (Other albums I considered while making a top 5)---
Between Now and Then - O.A.R.
F# A# Infinity - GY!BE
Lift Your Skinny Fists... - GY!BE
Ghost Reveries - Opeth
Part the Second - Maudlin of the Well
Dowsing Anemone With Copper Tongue - Kayo Dot
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
Per Un Amico - PFM
In Rainbows - Radiohead
Fear of a Blank Planet - Porcupine Tree
Crack the Sky - Crack the Sky
10000 Days - Tool
harmony View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2009 at 09:46
There were different angles I thought of taking in making this list.  The one I chose was "what albums were instrumental in making me what I am.  That being a music junkie and prog being a large part of my fix.
1- The Beatles - Revolver   The first album I bought with my own money.  Already at a young age I had a taste for creative,quality music.  They might not have been a prog band but they were inventing a music form.  Invention is often tougher than improvement.

2- The Beatles - Abbey Road   More creative quality music from this band.  This was pushing me towards more "serious" music.  Not just background music but music to be listened to.  Amazing progression from these guys in just 5 years.  Wow, a suite of songs put together covering almost a whole side.  That`s different

3- The Who - Who`s Next   Had this on cassette and played on my little player until I almost wore it out.  Loved the whole image of this band with Pete`s windmill power chords, Moonies thrashing and Roger`s mic spinning.  Best bass player around too.  Not prog but they were different.  My favorite band for about 3 albums.

4- Wishbone Ash - Argus   By this time music was a large part of my life and my equipment was getting better.  Music was something my friends and I had in common and we spent time listening to each others stuff and talking about it..  Friend of mine played this for me and I was instantly hooked.  Became my alltime favorite album.  Still not prog but pushing me just a little closer to it.

5- ELP - ELP   Had heard Lucky Man on the radio and thought "that`s different, I kinda like it" but was still not into prog and it was forgotten.  Cousin of mine played it for a couple years later for me and my thoughts were "this is wierd, but I like it!"  This started my journey into progressive rock and I`ve never looked back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>