Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Space Pirate Radio

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 24>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2021 at 18:20
Originally posted by Guy Guden Guy Guden wrote:

hoo-hah!  Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO is now in Year 48 with its 2nd show of that number tonight on Twitch TV.  Midnight Pacific.  come join the global group in real time with a soundtrack from around & out of this world.  of course, you probably have something better to do.  *giggles*

Hi,

I wish I felt better to get up at midnight (here in Portland/Vancouver) to listen to the show ... but it's very hard for me to do so, and thus I can only catch a show here and there ... still great ... though I miss the great excursions into the far out Ph'd stuff and all that ... heck I was just listening to one show (doing the rest of the spreadsheet for 1977 I had missed) and one of the amazing highlights is MIRAGE Ph'd ... it just reminded me of how things have gotten better in sound and broadcasting, and yet, how the clarity and beauty of the experiments are not able to be given to the folks a whole lot.

Still ... a great show, not to mention the newer stuff ... that so few people even listen to and are not capable of discussing here on PA a whole lot ... the only thing you see is ... blah and blah was added and no one has anything to say about the music at all ... a very sad bit ... I mentioned Steve Moore and his other projects and someone said they had this, and that ended that conversation. Likewise Grails and the side projects ... nice stuff and one half comment and the end of the conversation ... 

PA is great for a lot of things, but it's fans, are too much into the "top 5" and other than a handful of really incredible folks, I can not say that most will spend any time soon hearing something else ... as sad as that is, your show still is, BY VERY FAR, one of the most valuable and important, not to mention that the artists themselves gladly appear to say hello ... a total treat by itself ... and I wish that we could get more Robin Williamson and then Mike Heron and some of the other greats like Manfred Mann, Roger Chapman (before he passes !!!) and the so many others that over the years have made your show special. Also Peter Hammill ... for you certainly have played ALL OF IT ... over the years, like no one else would even consider or dare ... I suppose that some folks will say that his lyrics are not rock'n'roll ... but again (as you once said ... ) "who cares, it's great music!"

Best to you and family ... I miss you all and specially Paul and the incredible amount of help he has been to you and your show to continue on after all these years.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 17:37
thank you, Pedro for the kind words.  it has been a great year for SPACE PIRATE RADIO on the global Ham & Wry radio that is Twitch.  the new guests have been fabulous.  how splendid it was to have Edgar Broughton enjoy talking politics & sharing new & unreleased music after all these years.  & Lutz Ulbrich & Harold Grosskopf from Ash Ra Tempel, the wonderful Gert Emmens from the Netherlands, dear friend Markus Reuter along with Michael Bruckner, Berrnhard Wostheinrich & Volker Lankow.  the super friendly Dirks from ELECTRIC ORANGE & COSMIC GROUND.  Erik Wollo from Norway.  it is a joy connecting with these artists & adding to the 48 year list of guests who have appeared on SPACE PIRATE RADIO:  Bill Bruford, Bryan Ferry, Edgar Froese, Mike Oldfield, Daevid Allen, Robin Williamson, Frank Zappa, Steve Roach, Thomas Dolby, Alan Stivell, Renaissance, Sting, Steve Hackett, Ofra Haza & Pete Bardens etc.  great musicians, as well as many actors, directors, authors & artists.  you are right about so many others, who I hope will one day visit the open door of the show.  thank you.  considering I began in radio in 1968 with an import show called BRITISH UNDERGROUND, it would be nice to reach 50 years of SPACE PIRATE RADIO.
https://twitch.tv/guygudenspacepirateradio
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2021 at 17:45
... and did I mention both Tim Bowness & Franco Falsini stopped by the show this year?
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2021 at 08:37

... and did I mention both Tim Bowness & Franco Falsini stopped by the show this year?

Hi,

Any chance that we "might" be able to hear some of those interviews in part? (no need to do all of it ... just juicy parts!) ... for example, a few things that Robin says in your interview are very cool, educated and valuable ... about the arts and the "media creation" ... and stuff like that is valuable, and shows a side of the artist that is a lot more than the rock "gods" of nothing, but media adulation!

I specially like the comment that he did not believe that the media was that big an influence in the minds of the artists and poets ... and how true this is, because many of them do their own thing ... Guy Guden does his own thing, not influenced by the media ... point beautifully taken and seen! That alone is valuable and says more about a lot of artists, than the top ten folks that think another solo is more important in a song, and it has to sound different, but "better". The kind of silliness that you and I laugh at ... A LOT!

I would have loved to hear your interview with Bill Bruford, and Brian Ferry and even Edgar Broughton ... but sadly, they are relegated to my ... wishes and dreams that are not likely to happen, like seeing Vangelis, Mike O, Ryuichi or Ph and VdGG in concert ... heck for that matter have a nice evening with Guy and Elizabeth and Paul ... 

BTW, Franco needs to have his music put up as mp3 to sell ... it's causing the LP's to get insane prices ... and of course, I have the LP's ... and will likely do my own mp3's ... In fact, I need to do that to about 500 albums ... believe it or not ... I was thinking about Guy's album, but not sure you need/want those mp3's.

Edited by moshkito - February 04 2021 at 14:26
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2021 at 03:44
a Happy Lunar New Year to all of you!  I was born in a Year of the Ox, so it is appropriate that I do a New Year edition of Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO tonight at Midnight Pacific on Twitch TV.  show 4 for Year 48, CeLestial Baxter number 158.  the broadcast is overflowing with new music from around the world.  come & join the Global Group in chat while the soundtrack plays in real time.  nice to have you on board...
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2021 at 21:56

a Happy Lunar New Year to all of you!  

Hi,

Totally massive and exciting show ... thanks
www.pedrosena.com
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2021 at 07:53
  Orson Welles said at the end of CITIZEN KANE, "a good cast is worth repeating."  of course, that was also said by a person eating radishes... "sorry, if I repeat myself.  what does this all mean, you might ask if you were here?  that this morning's broadcast of Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO was a Mondo Cool 5 hours plus & the artists included this morning on broadcast 7 for year 48, Twitch switch number 161, included La Maschera di Cera, Kairon; IRSE!, Cosmic Hoffmann, TM Solver, Lutz Graf-Ulbrich, Ebia, The Foreign Resort, Ubi Maior, Broekhuis, Keller & Schonwalder, Thaneco & DASK, Michael Bruckner, Nonconnah, Grobschnitt, Hidria Spacefolk, Sumac Dub, Yma Sumac, OMFO, Fratoroler, Colin Rayment, Mark Dorricott & Stan Hart, Filter-Kaffee, Dantalian's Chariot, Sonar with David Torn, Divided by Two, Sylvain Carel, Arnaud Bukwald, The Incredible String Band, Vox Redux, Bouvetoya, Shinpal, Oneohtrix Point Never & Dai Kaht.   "not your normal wavelength."  tune in Friday/Saturday Midnight Pacific & in the classic timeslot Sunday/Monday the same.  special guests this week.  
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2021 at 19:51
broadcast number 8 of Year 48, Twitch series number 162 of Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO happens tonight at Midnight Pacific.  over 5 hours of a lot of new & unusual music & sounds.  it's a trip.  we get up, we get down.  join the global group in chat with a real time soundtrack.  & we do another different one in the classic timeslot of Midnight Pacific Sunday/Monday.  you have been invited.
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2021 at 07:11
my thank yous to Deborah Mastelotto & Pat Mastelotto for dropping by this morning's broadcast of Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO & sharing their album, A ROMANTIC'S GUIDE TO KING CRIMSON.  broadcast 10 for year 48 (oh, my Goddess!), Twitch number 164.  another live new show Sunday night Midnight Pacific, Monday morning, day... worldwide.  you are invited. 
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2021 at 07:39
here is this morning's list of artists heard on Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO. show 15 for year 48, Twitch transmission number 169. artists included Stereolab, Monomyth, DASK, My Sleeping Karma, The Legendary Pink Dots, Menzman & Friends, Fila Brazillia, Pixie Ninja, PJ Harvey, TM Solver, Mark Dorricott & Stan Hart, the Mastelottos, Ramases, Pete Farn, Memoriance, Pete Farn, Ozric Tentacles, Sumac Dub, Yma Sumac, Broekhuis, Keller & Schonwalder, Controlled Bleeding, Hoffmann-Hoock & Wostheinrich, Imaginary Landscape, Mogwai, The Orb, Tim Bowness, Thaneco, A.D.S.R., Arnaud Bukwald, Dai Kaht, Aksak Maboul, Cosmic Ground, Detlef Keller & Oneohtrix Point Never.  how eccentric is that?  not your normal wavelength.   next show Sunday night, Monday morning Midnight Pacific
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2021 at 07:40
  my sincere thank you to Al Gromer Khan for being my special guest on this morning's broadcast of Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO.  his marvelous words interspersed with his transcendent music mesmerized the first hour audience.  his music was played on the first broadcast of SPACE PIRATE RADIO on January 27, 1974... and here we are today, in year 48.  from the days of AMON DUUL II & POPOL VUH to his many solo excursions, it was a pure joy to have him on my little wireless SOS.  danke...
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2021 at 21:11

my sincere thank you to Al Gromer Khan for being my special guest on this morning's broadcast of Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO.  his marvelous words interspersed with his transcendent music mesmerized the first hour audience.  his music was played on the first broadcast of SPACE PIRATE RADIO on January 27, 1974... and here we are today, in year 48.  from the days of AMON DUUL II & POPOL VUH to his many solo excursions, it was a pure joy to have him on my little wireless SOS.  danke...

Hi,

Totally far out and special ... I wish you could play/show more of these special moments that you have had ... I would love to hear, Bill Bruford, or Bryan Ferry and a few others ... but if it is not there, it is not there!

It would be specially interesting if you could get Bryan now ... and be able to look at his history, of which you have played everything and then some!
www.pedrosena.com
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2021 at 07:27
many thank yous to my guests on this morning's broadcast of Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO.  musicians Sylvain Carel, Mario Schonwalder & Stephan Thelen of Sonar dropped by to say hello.  next show Sunday/Monday Midnight Pacific.  
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2021 at 07:50
here's the complete artist playlist for this morning's broadcast...  this morning's broadcast of Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO.  show 18 for year 48, Twitch switch number 172.  musicians included Ulrich Schnauss, Liquid Sound Company, The Hausfrauen of Death, Sylvain Carel (my guest), Mark Dwane, Pete Farn, Ian Carr's Nucleus, Stereolab, Moderator, Broekhuis, Keller & Schonwalder (Mario Schonwalder my guest). Laszlo Hortobagyi, Zero One, Johannes Schmoelling, Sonar (Stephan Thelen my guest), Cosmopolis, Gooding, The Hausfrauen of Death (Dirk Jan Muller my guest), Hprizm, Heldon, Ghost (from Japan), Kevin Ayers, Gong, Blur, DASK, Monomyth, Elder, Ebia, Filter-Kaffee, Hoffmann-Hoock & Wostheinrich, R. Dos, State of Bengal. TM Solver, No-Man, Bryan Ferry & Brian Eno, Japan & David Sylvian, Yoshihiro Hanno & Mick Karn, Vince Guaraldi, David Challinor & Floydhead.  48 years on & still not your normal wavelength...
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moshkito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2021 at 12:31
Hi,

Very nice show and I was able to last 3 hours before my eyes couldn't stay open anymore ... and the dry mouth made it worse!

But it was lovely and that "Hausfrauen of Death" is definitely coming home ... absolutely stunning! Reminds me so much of the 3rd or 4th hour of your shows 45 years ago!

Awesome work ... 
www.pedrosena.com
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2021 at 07:20
  here is the list for today's broadcast... this morning's broadcast of Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO.  show 19 for year 48, Twitch series number 173.  artists included in order... Mike Oldfield, Vox Redux, Kontroll-Raum, Percy Faith & His Orchestra, Stereolab, Ulrich Schnauss, Hprizm, Gerald Cleaver, Gabor Csupo, Sylvain Carel, The Orb, DASK, Floydhead, Granada, Jesu, Syndromeda, Peter Sellers & The Muppets, Russell Garcia & His Orchestra, Ulrich Schnauss & Mark Peters, Robin Guthrie, Floh De Cologne, The Hausfrauen of Death, Cosmic Ground, Pete Farn, Moderator, Zombi, The Spotnicks, Herbie Hancock, The Legendary Pink Dots, Liquid Sound Company, Gong, Ozric Tentacles, Melting Euphoria, Tim Blake, Wolfgang Nachahmer, Muslimgauze, Sumac Dub, Magma...  48 years on, & still not your normal wavelength.
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2021 at 07:55
& here's the list for this morning's broadcast of Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO...  show 21 for year 48, bladder blotter show number 175.  artists included, in order... Bass Communion, Dan Lacksman, Dr. Lonnie Smith, Day of Phoenix, Stan Dart, Colin Rayment, Stereolab, Kontroll-Raum, Granada, Vince Guaraldi, Percy Faith & His Orchestra, Francois Breant, Ulrich Schnauss, Gerald Cleaver, Slowdeck, The Orb, The Legendary Pink Dots, Robin Guthrie, Moderator, Broekhuis, Keller & Schonwalder, Liquid Sound Company, Ozric Tentacles, Floydhead, TM Solver, Arnaud Bukwald, Thaneco, Wolfgang Nachahmer, Floh De Cologne, The Hausfrauen of Death, Cosmic Ground, Ron Goodwin & His Orchestra, Russell Garcia & His Orchestra, Sonar, Mogwai, Jesu, Pete Farn, Vox Redux, Ulrich Schnauss & Mark Peters & Procol Harum.  not your normal wavelength.
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2021 at 07:19
here is this morning's broadcast playlist of Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO.  show 23 for year 48, Twitch show number 177.  artists included, in order... Thaneco, Cosmic Ground, DakhaBrakha, Shinpal, Ulrich Schnauss, Mary Hopkin, Pascal Comelade, Marc Moulin, The Electronic System, Syndromeda, The Orb, Stereolab, Liquid Sound Company, Binary Icon, Kontroll-Raum, Hprizm, Gerald Cleaver, Floydhead, Granada, Percy Faith & His Orchestra, Walter Wanderley, Filter-Kaffee, Sylvain Carel, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Hoffmann-Hoock & Wostheinrich, Bouvetoya, Wolfgang Nachahmer, Big Sky, The Guarneri Underground, Capercaillie, Floh De Cologne, Day of Phoenix, My Sleeping Karma, Moderator, Bill Nelson, Terence Blanchard, Zee, Dr. Lonnie Smith, Robin Guthrie, Ulrich Schnauss & Mark Peters.  not your normal wavelength...
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2021 at 07:12
here's this morning's playlist of Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO.  show 26 for year 48, Twitch transmission number 180.  artists included, in order... MS2020, Ott, Fusion of Elements aka Syndromeda & Sensory ++, ['ramp], Hubert Laws, Marc Moulin, David Challinor, jarguna, Ulrich Schnauss & Mark Peters, Luxury Elite, Mythos, Lansing-Dreiden, Humito, Slowdeck, Ayumi Ish*to & The Spacemen, Renaissance (the original Keith Relf lineup), Gerald Cleaver, Al Gromer Khan, Mary Hopkin, Detlef Keller, Stereolab, Floh De Cologne, Ute Lemper, Cosmic Ground, Thaneco, Moderator, High Llamas, dZihan & Kamien, William Orbit, Chemistry, Hoffmann-Hoock & Wostheinrich, Pete Farn, Pascal Comelade, Magma, Floydhead, Percy Faith & His Orchestra, & DakhaBrakha.  not your normal wavelength...
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2021 at 20:26
here's the playlist for this morning's broadcast of Guy Guden's SPACE PIRATE RADIO.  show 27 for year 48, Twitch transmission number 181.  artists in order were... Ebia, Astrud Gilberto, Marc Moulin, MS2020, Public Service Broadcasting, The Orb, Humito, Wolfgang Nachahmer, TM Solver, jarguna, Syndromeda, Stereolab, Beach House, The Electronic System, Ulrich Schnauss, Kontroll-Raum, Stan Dart, Donald Byrd, David Challinor, Stanley Turrentine, Slowdeck, Unforscene, Gert Emmens, Ulrich Schnauss & Mark Peters, Man, Mythos, Johannes Schmoelling, Piero Umiliani, Love, Day of Phoenix, Hubert Laws, Dan Lacksman, Russell Garcia & His Orchestra, Hprizm, King Crimson, Shinpal, & Thomas Fanger.  not your normal wavelength.   

Edited by Guy Guden - May 18 2021 at 03:15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 24>