Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The RIP thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 119>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2023 at 21:05
I met him briefly when I volunteered at the Progday festival many years ago in North Carolina. He seemed like a nice guy. I was going to have dinner with him but the food was way too expensive for me so I left. 
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 15:13
R.I.P. Jeff Beck

Just saw on FB...

"On behalf of his family, it is with deep and profound sadness that we share the news of Jeff Beck’s passing. After suddenly contracting bacterial meningitis, he peacefully passed away yesterday. His family ask for privacy while they process this tremendous loss."
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 15:30
Jeff was one of the greatest musicians of the last fifty or so years. His is a tremendous loss, indeed.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 16:03
Holy 5h!t, that's a blow...by blow. Cry

Truth or Wired will hit the platter tonight.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 16:22
RIP Jeff.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 16:24
One of my central guitar influences.  So lucky to have seen him perform. 

Incalculable loss.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 16:31
R.I.P. Jeff, thanks for your music
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 16:32
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

One of my central guitar influences.  So lucky to have seen him perform. 

Incalculable loss.

indeed
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 17:22
Jeff was an incredible and absolutely unique guitar player. he will be sadly missed. Friede and I will watch his Ronnie Scott's live performance tonight. R.I.P

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 17:24
Very sorry to hear this.
Just a music fan passing through trying to fill some void. Various music I am into now: a youtube playlist
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2023 at 23:11
RIP Jeff Beck (not enough RIP Frank Wyat from Happy the Man posts though)
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2023 at 19:57
RIP Lisa Marie Presley. 
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2023 at 22:32
RiP to Lisa Marie, very sad
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2023 at 07:51
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

RIP Frank Wyatt from Happy The Man.

great loss, very original band
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2023 at 15:44
Not a celebrity, but a well-known and beloved figure in the US prog community, Rick Dashiell - a lovely guy, and one of the ProgDay regulars - passed away today. Having been away from Facebook for over a year, I had no idea his condition had deteriorated so badly. As much as I dislike social media, I wish I had been around to say goodbye to him. RIP Rick, my friend Broken Heart.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2023 at 16:08
Rick was a lovely guy and will be missed by all who knew him, RIP Rick.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snicolette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2023 at 18:28
I was sad to see that Rick had died this morning, been thinking about him all week.  What a class act he was.  And dignified to the end.  RIP Rick.
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2023 at 22:44
I just was going to post something about Rick but I'm glad to see others beat me to it. I knew Rick from some of the prog festivals (mainly Progday and Rosfest) and used to talk to him a bit. Others knew him better than I did but he was a facebook friend and I'm sorry to hear about his passing. He also hosted a radio show on Delicious Agony called the Rickter Scale. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP Rick. 
nick_h_nz View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Prog Metal / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick_h_nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2023 at 07:14
Not sure if it has been posted elsewhere (and this is my first time visiting the forum in a loooooong time), but I don't see mention of it here, so RIP to Yukihiro Takahashi, who died on 11 January.

Known probably best for his work with Yellow Magic Orchestra and Japan, he also worked with many other musicians (including Kiwi musician, Zaine Griff), and had a rather extensive solo career. I am not familiar with too many albums (yet) from his solo career, but based on those I have listened to so far, I will definitely be listening to more.

dwill123 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwill123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2023 at 15:40

Rock legend David Crosby dies aged 81.

Efemérides Musicales: David Crosby

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 119>