Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProgarchives bullies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 00:29
I'm a bit of a tough guy but I also am highly compassionate, especially around internet bullying.   I don't take to bullies very well and like to consider myself a bully-basher, but of course that occasionally makes me the very thing I'm against.   However, once in a while fire must be fought with fire, and so, PT, in addition to the brilliant advice given by Dayvenkirq, I would say if you get harassed again in the future, let me know and I'll "explain things to them".  

Capishe
?  

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 00:34
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

I'm a bit of a tough guy but I also am highly compassionate, especially around internet bullying.   I don't take to bullies very well and like to consider myself a bully-basher, but of course that occasionally makes me the very thing I'm against.   However, once in a while fire must be fought with fire, and so, PT, in addition to the brilliant advice given by Dayvenkirq, I would say if you get harassed again in the future, let me know and I'll "explain things to them".  

Capishe
?  

Atavachron Hug
 capisci LOL loved that and your whole comment above, you are sweet! xxx
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 00:38
This thread is taking a worrying path.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 00:42
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Capishe
?  

Atavachron Hug
 capisci LOL loved that and your whole comment above, you are sweet! xxx

Speaking of such but not related to this original topic, just for fun coz it's an Italian pun joke here you go Big smile hugs Hug
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 00:43
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

Hey we're family here, and I look out for my family.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 00:46
I am certainly guilty sometimes of being what Sonia refers to as a "grumpy" person. Hands up to that.

However, grumpy posts, and exasperated ones for all that, are very different to bullying someone. The latter is a deliberate act which causes untold grief and pain, sometimes with very serious consequences.

I do not know of anyone on this site that could be described as an internet bully, troll, call it what you will. That is because we have an excellent system of governance, far more than most other sites I know of.

So, if you feel bullied, then contact an admin by PM, and they will judge the matter. That is what they are there for.

If, btw, anyone takes exception to a post I make, they are welcome to contact me. I will always apologise when I am out of order.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 00:47

Hug Group hug inc. Barbu, he can run but he cannot hide WinkLOLHug
Prog_Traveller View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 00:47

Capishe
?  

Thanks. I believe it's "capiche" though. Smile 

I'm actually a tough guy too when I need to be. I think that usually it's only cowards or really insecure people who have to give others a hard time online though. You do it to my face in person and I won't be so nice about it. ;) But yeah since you are a collaborator on here I will send you a personal message next time it happens but hopefully the person in question will see this and back off from now on and leave me the f*** alone. :)
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 00:51

Run? lol

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 00:52
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

I am certainly guilty sometimes of being what Sonia refers to as a "grumpy" person. Hands up to that.

However, grumpy posts, and exasperated ones for all that, are very different to bullying someone. The latter is a deliberate act which causes untold grief and pain, sometimes with very serious consequences.

I do not know of anyone on this site that could be described as an internet bully, troll, call it what you will. That is because we have an excellent system of governance, far more than most other sites I know of.

So, if you feel bullied, then contact an admin by PM, and they will judge the matter. That is what they are there for.

If, btw, anyone takes exception to a post I make, they are welcome to contact me. I will always apologise when I am out of order.

Awww nooo ... Lazland, you have a dry sense of humour and at times you are very sensible too but hahaha nope nah niet nao non etc at your worst I would rate you max at middle level grumpy hahaha!! lololol you are funny even if at times this was not your intent hahaha hugs Hug
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 00:54

Run? lol

hahahaha!!! Yay!!!! hug! Hughugs are so much more fun! xx
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 01:05

If you want I can send to you via pm the exact thread or posts by this person then you can judge for yourself.  I admit that I have a low tolerance for negativity and unnecessary comments but that doesn't excuse the snippy and unnecessary comments from this person. I don't mean to vilify this person as I know he/she is respected on here but this person has told me in the past they would leave me alone and yet continues to be a nuisance. I can't help but think that this person just has a chip on his/her shoulder and knows they can get away with it. If they are reading this now I can tell them that they are mistaken.

Edited by Prog_Traveller - November 06 2014 at 01:08
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 01:11
Originally posted by Prog_Traveller Prog_Traveller wrote:

If you want I can send to you via pm the exact thread or posts by this person then you can judge for yourself.  I admit that I have a low tolerance for negativity and unnecessary comments. I don't mean to vilify this person as I know he/she is respected on here but this person has told me in the past they would leave me alone and yet continues to be a nuisance. I can't help but think that this person just has a chip on his/her shoulder and knows they can get away with it. If they are reading this now I can tell them that they are mistaken.

Prog_Traveller,

I think you got the idea that you are most welcome and not to take everything said seriously. Unless someone physically threatened you or directly insulted and mentally abused you, I think we should leave it as this. That person who hurt/offended you might read this post too. You are sweet, leave it as it is now. Hugs xxxx 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 01:30

Well most message boards have at least one troll including this one. But yeah I'm just going to let it rest from now on unless I need to take more action.

Thanks. Hugs back to you. Can I give you the nickname prog princess? ;)
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 01:53

Capishe
?  

He is referring to me David. I hadn't made the connection until I saw this thread that Mr Prog_Traveller is the same person I had an unfortunate run-in with back in July over some silly misunderstanding (on his part). Today I had the temerity to voice my disapproval of two polls with the word "cheesy" in their leading poll question. Apparently this constitutes "bullying" and "harassing", and that makes me a "troll".

What?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 01:59
[He is referring to me David. I hadn't made the connection until I saw this thread that Mr Prog_Traveller is the same person I had an unfortunate run-in with back in July over some silly misunderstanding (on his part). Today I had the temerity to voice my disapproval of two polls with the word "cheesy" in their leading poll question. Apparently this constitutes "bullying" and "harassing", and that makes me a "troll".]

Yeah, but it's the way you go about it. You aren't diplomatic at all. If you want I can post the conversation here and let everyone decide for themselves. Then they get to see how you initiate the baiting and unnecessarily negative comments.  I don't understand why you just can't keep your negative comments to yourself. You obviously have some kind of personal issues where you just can't leave well enough alone. Others on here might tolerate it but I won't. YOu do it again and I will report you and now that you outed yourself hopefully you will learn and not do it again(somehow I doubt you are capable of that though since you love to bait people). Oh and being a former moderator on here does not excuse your bad behavior. Before anyone accuses me of attacking him or being aggressive let me just so that Dean is the only person on here I have ever had a serious issue with and if it wasn't for his negativity I would not have to resort to posting this thread in the first place.

Edited by Prog_Traveller - November 06 2014 at 02:02
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 02:01
*sigh*
What?
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 02:04
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Capishe
?  

He is referring to me David. I hadn't made the connection until I saw this thread that Mr Prog_Traveller is the same person I had an unfortunate run-in with back in July over some silly misunderstanding (on his part). Today I had the temerity to voice my disapproval of two polls with the word "cheesy" in their leading poll question. Apparently this constitutes "bullying" and "harassing", and that makes me a "troll".

Aww this is clearly a misunderstanding.

Dean you are very Grumpy at times true but  Prog_Traveller is completely mistaken about you really, you are very nice even when grumpy. I just met him, I like him he is very mischievous too just like me but also mistaken about you Dean and your no nonsense attitude added with your dark witty humour might be perceived as a negative but it's absolutely not!. You are my fav grumpy, I mentioned this many times before and in my scale, you are top level grumpy at a time hahahaha hehehe hihihi hohoho LOL hugs Hug love you, you grumpy cuddly thing! LOL
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 02:04
you both should drop it and leave this as a misunderstanding.
There are much more interesting things to squabble about, I much prefer to focus on very silly happy things Big smile

Edited by Kati - November 06 2014 at 02:06
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2014 at 02:05
When you start two negative threads at the same time you're bound to get negative feedback. Putting the word 'cheesy' in any thread title invites people's vile. You don't jump in a swimmingpool if you're afraid to get wet. Same here: if you don't want people posting negative things in your threads, then don't invite them to begin with
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>