Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello!
    Posted: December 06 2014 at 16:28
Hi all. I was not sure where to introduce myself because I am a fan of prog rock, but I am also the bass/keyboard player for a prog band. My favorite style or sub genre of prog is symphonic prog. I especially enjoy the older symphonic rock bands, like ELP, genesis, yes, etc. just to name a few of the more well known bands. I've been listening to a lot of the newer symphonic prog that has come out and I enjoy that as well. But my interest is not just limited to symphonic rock. I have found so many great bands thanks to the progarchives website. I practically live and breathe prog rock and so I thought it was about time to sign up and introduce myself.

The band I play for is relatively new, we've only been together about a year now. We just released our first EP. I'd like to share a song from it, but I dunno if that kind of shameless self promotion is allowed.
bhikkhu View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2014 at 20:20
Hi DaVincisMan. Welcome! Big smile

There are specific threads for promoting your own music. Just go to the main forums page and you will see things like "Get the Word Out" and "Official Review our Music Forum." 

Everything else is all about having fun with the rest of us geeks who love this weird music. Cool

Glad to have you here! Thumbs Up

Post Reply Post Reply