Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 17:12
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Originally posted by floflo79 floflo79 wrote:

Who is next ? Cry
Sad month for prog.

just warming us up for sure.. unfortunately. If we are not getting younger.. they sure as hell are not.

This is, I am afraid, very true, Micky. There is a whole bunch of the classic artists who are now either in, or approaching, their seventies, so the law of averages says.........

Their music will, though, live for a long time. In some cases, for a very long time. And, for those of us who do believe in a reality after death (whatever form that takes), then we have some fantastic gigs to look forward to over one hell (pardon the pun) of a long time.

Clap damn right...  I once had some voodoo chick in New Orleans do some psychic crap on me and she told me I was an old soul and my time on Earth is nearly done. Whew.  I was relieved and have NEVER forgotten her words haha.  About damn time...  hell is living.. this world of ours...the party starts afterward.  I am a firm believer death is but a release.. these guys lives are to celebrated.. not mourned. They've moved on... we just remain behind.

The first thing I do in heaven.. or hell..if I haven't decided.. I'm not sure anyone has.. but I know I'll find HIM whereever I go... is buy Keith Moon a drink.. or five or six.  Perhaps to the point of letting me jam with him and Duane Allman and get a few pointers from Jack Bruce.  We'll be a hell of house band..  I'll have to take vocals though.LOL
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 18:37
Damn. 666 is a classic.

RIP
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Progosopher View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 18:57

hell is living.. this world of ours...the party starts afterward.  I am a firm believer death is but a release.. these guys lives are to celebrated.. not mourned. They've moved on... we just remain behind.

I am of much the same mind.  Handshake

I last heard Demis on tune from the Blade Runner soundtrack that was recorded for when the album was eventually released.  Fantastic voice and unique; loved his work with Aphrodite's Child.  I was surprised when I found out how big an international star he became because the U.S. completely ignored him.   I would love to hear a celestial collaboration between him and Froese!  Star
The world of sound is certainly capable of infinite variety and, were our sense developed, of infinite extensions. -- George Santayana, "The Sense of Beauty"
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 20:27
Sad

Time always wins.
proggman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 21:49
Rest in peace! I really like Aphrodite's Child. Unhappy
When he rides, my fears subside.
For darkness turns once more to light.
Through the skies, his white horse flies.
To find a land beyond the night.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2015 at 23:45

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by floflo79 floflo79 wrote:

Who is next ? Cry
Sad month for prog.

just warming us up for sure.. unfortunately. If we are not getting younger.. they sure as hell are not.

This is, I am afraid, very true, Micky. There is a whole bunch of the classic artists who are now either in, or approaching, their seventies, so the law of averages says.........

Their music will, though, live for a long time. In some cases, for a very long time. And, for those of us who do believe in a reality after death (whatever form that takes), then we have some fantastic gigs to look forward to over one hell (pardon the pun) of a long time.

Clap damn right...  I once had some voodoo chick in New Orleans do some psychic crap on me and she told me I was an old soul and my time on Earth is nearly done. Whew.  I was relieved and have NEVER forgotten her words haha.  About damn time...  hell is living.. this world of ours...the party starts afterward.  I am a firm believer death is but a release.. these guys lives are to celebrated.. not mourned. They've moved on... we just remain behind.

The first thing I do in heaven.. or hell..if I haven't decided.. I'm not sure anyone has.. but I know I'll find HIM whereever I go... is buy Keith Moon a drink.. or five or six.  Perhaps to the point of letting me jam with him and Duane Allman and get a few pointers from Jack Bruce.  We'll be a hell of house band..  I'll have to take vocals though.LOL

Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2015 at 00:14
^ OMG, I didn't know Jack Bruce passed away... Unhappy

Shocked
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2015 at 01:29
666 is one of my favourite albums so this is very sad. I was quite shocked when the BBC report mentioned that Demis as a solo artist sold over 60 million albums. That's twice as many as ELP! Obviously had a lovely career and good on him. I think he enjoyed himself and the pictures of him in the mid seventies reclining like some over ripe love God are frankly hilarious. I remember him being interviewed some years ago and he talked a little bit about 666. He was obviously proud of that.
RIP
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2015 at 04:33
RIP :(
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2015 at 16:24
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

As Luca said, he was quite big (no pun intended) in Italy when I was growing up, and sang quite a few songs in Italian as well. I remember I used to make fun of his often over-emotional way of singing, but there is no doubt that he was very talented. Incidentally, this morning I learned of his passing from the Italian website I usually read for news - a few hours before this thread was posted on PA.

RIP---I read his father was Greek but his mother was Italian--born in Egypt. Maybe she taught him Italian.
Well if bad things go in threes---I'd be nervous if I was in bad shape old progger.Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12