FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDavid Pajo recovering from suicide attempt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: David Pajo recovering from suicide attempt
    Posted: February 13 2015 at 14:56
I was sad to discover that guitarist David Pajo, of Slint and Tortoise fame, recently attempted suicide. He was rescued by the EMS, thankfully, and seems to be getting through it. Link: http://www.spin.com/articles/david-pajo-slint-suicide-attempt/

David Pajo was an integral member of Slint, the band often cited as the creators of post-rock and math rock, most notably because of Pajo's unique playing style. He went on to be a member of seminal post-rock group Tortoise, and played in several bands as a touring and/or studio musician including Stereolab, Interpol, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and many more, as well as recording solo material under the monikers "Ariel M," "Papa M," and "Pajo."
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2015 at 15:36
good to hear he is ok.  He'll kick himself in the ass one day for being so goddamned stupid. He's fortunate to have the chance to perhaps learn what many of us have,  life is nothing but peaks and valleys.  survive the valleys, no matter how deep or dark they are (many of us have been through our own personal hells) and enjoy the peaks for as long as you can.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2015 at 06:29
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

good to hear he is ok.  He'll kick himself in the ass one day for being so goddamned stupid. He's fortunate to have the chance to perhaps learn what many of us have,  life is nothing but peaks and valleys.  survive the valleys, no matter how deep or dark they are (many of us have been through our own personal hells) and enjoy the peaks for as long as you can.

well said, Michael Clap

JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2015 at 10:28
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

He'll kick himself in the ass one day for being so goddamned stupid.

Comments like this under mind the true nature of the mental illness that leads one down the path of such extreme measures. Attempting suicide is not "goddamned stupid" it's a cry for help. What's fortunate here is that he now has the chance to get the help he needs. Many others never get that chance.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2015 at 12:23
It's not mental illness: from what I read in the article linked above, he's facing a very difficult divorce, his wife preventing him from seeing their children. Extreme stress, that is.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2015 at 13:13
women can do that to you LOL

I'll bet my f**king paycheck she was a redhead....
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2015 at 14:16
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

It's not mental illness: from what I read in the article linked above, he's facing a very difficult divorce, his wife preventing him from seeing their children. Extreme stress, that is.

Again, an uninformed response. You don't attempt suicide without a mental illness. Just because it's related to marriage problems or access to children doesn't negate a mental illness. There are thousands and thousands of people who face these same issues everyday without taking such extreme measures. You clearly lack the understanding to put it into perspective, and that was my point. People are too quick to judge and don't take the time to learn enough about it. Whether it was known or not previous to this most unfortunate event, the fact remains, attempting suicide is the result of an illness of the mind. The thought that such an act will provide an answer to the pain they feel is an illness in itself.  Please learn more about it before passing judgement. I have no more to say on the matter.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
 Post Reply Post Reply