Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProg Song Pit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2015 at 22:40
Cynic didn't do much for me; first time hearing them btw.....very good musicians and recording but not my cup of tea.

I like Carol of Harvest and Brainticket....have them both and been a fan for some time....I have the first 3  Brainticket albums...Celestial being my favorite.

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2015 at 09:14
Okay, Kati! Gonna keep this thread alive!

Just listened to/(watched) "Every Strangers Eyes." Had never seen this video. I remember buying the album the day it came out. I liked it well enough--especially EC's brilliant acoustic guitar work. Must admit that the early 80s are kind of tough to look at--hair and clothing styles. Roger and actor Eric Roberts (Coca Cola Kid) look so similar. The build up and crescendo are nice. I'm not one who hears/appreciates lyrics very well, so won't comment there. Again, nice to bring attention to a pretty good, unexpected (all the acoustic work and gospe-like female b box) sound. 

Come on people! Shall we keep this one alive?

Try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJrtA-shb7Y
"White Shadow" from Peter Gabriel's second solo album from 1978, nicknamed "Scratches." One of my favorite Robert Fripp solos ever which turned out NOT to be Sir Robert at all but young band member named Sid McGinnis. Apparently Robert played from behind the stacks of speakers and amps (I never saw him). I knew he was shy! Peter introduced him anyway as the mysterious "Dusty Roads." (This was pre-David Rhodes.)

Check out the live from Rockplast vid with "Here Comes the Flood" bleeding into "White Shadow" for another view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKNBdjJiN9c
There you'll see Sid McGinnis in action. (And Tony Levin!) (Later, in 1982, he joined Paul Schaffer's "World's Most Dangerous Band" on David Letterman's late night talk show, The Late Show with David Letterman--both of who he has served continuously ever since!)
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 00:04
Originally posted by sublime220 sublime220 wrote:

Originally posted by Horizons Horizons wrote:

Unfortunately i stopped posting because of the lack of interest it seemed to get. 
Awww... Cry I liked this idea.

Awww Horizons, you are too precious and do not say this again! Ouch
Here for you, seems fitting right now, this is a band introduced to me by Dean (yes my fav cute Grumpy), they are fantastic, vocals remind me of Paul McCartney and they are so good, they are a real band, thus not just a singer with a backing band. I love their instrumental moozik (with vocals) inc. funny noises and tunes.
This song is dedicated to you and no it's not corny because the instrumental's are so darn fab sweet awesome too! And so are you!!!! Big hug to you, Hug
Nirvana (UK) - The World Is Cold Without You (1970)  
Now don't you dare go anywhere! Umphf! Smile and more hugs Hug 

Edited by Kati - April 03 2015 at 00:12
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 02:02
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

Okay, Kati! Gonna keep this thread alive!

Just listened to/(watched) "Every Strangers Eyes." Had never seen this video. I remember buying the album the day it came out. I liked it well enough--especially EC's brilliant acoustic guitar work. Must admit that the early 80s are kind of tough to look at--hair and clothing styles. Roger and actor Eric Roberts (Coca Cola Kid) look so similar. The build up and crescendo are nice. I'm not one who hears/appreciates lyrics very well, so won't comment there. Again, nice to bring attention to a pretty good, unexpected (all the acoustic work and gospe-like female b box) sound. 

Come on people! Shall we keep this one alive?

Try this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJrtA-shb7Y
"White Shadow" from Peter Gabriel's second solo album from 1978, nicknamed "Scratches." One of my favorite Robert Fripp solos ever which turned out NOT to be Sir Robert at all but young band member named Sid McGinnis. Apparently Robert played from behind the stacks of speakers and amps (I never saw him). I knew he was shy! Peter introduced him anyway as the mysterious "Dusty Roads." (This was pre-David Rhodes.)

Check out the live from Rockplast vid with "Here Comes the Flood" bleeding into "White Shadow" for another view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKNBdjJiN9c
There you'll see Sid McGinnis in action. (And Tony Levin!) (Later, in 1982, he joined Paul Schaffer's "World's Most Dangerous Band" on David Letterman's late night talk show, The Late Show with David Letterman--both of who he has served continuously ever since!)
BrufordFreak! Wow! and yes and yay thank you! ClapHug Although "White Shadow" was not co-written by Fripp, he was the Producer of that album and he also played guitars on that track, Bill SmileHug
My personal favorite OF THE ALBUM with obvious Fripp writing collaboration all over is "Peter Gabriel - Exposure"
   Thumbs UpApproveHug
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 02:40
Since I mentioned Pit Stop and posted a song, Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking, this song in my own moozik imagination fits here too, previous track was on the highway and this one is by sea and the Port/harbor is a stop too Wink
This is a brilliant Jacques Brêl cover by David Bowie, Bowie's own intake and lyrics in English making it his own HeartClap  Awwww Heart
David Bowie - Port Of Amsterdam   - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uPZIG5BHD4
Hug
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 02:54
Considering I am mentioning transport modes Big smile somehow Ermm here is another one, very short track but I love that bass especially Approve this is White "WABBIT" Big smile
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 03:01
Rabbit? Hmmm... I don't eat them, but some may. Here's one to consider before I'm off for the day. Fairly new (debut album 2014), and I do like them a lot. Here's Light Damage with Supper of Cyprianus. Bon appetit!

ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 03:08
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

Rabbit? Hmmm... I don't eat them, but some may. Here's one to consider before I'm off for the day. Fairly new (debut album 2014), and I do like them a lot. Here's Light Damage with Supper of Cyprianus. Bon appetit!

Ok we went from Pit Stop to Rabbits to not eating them and to Supper LOL hahaha after this I bet to many supper's ready will come to mind Big smile hahaha!!! Hug 
P.S. Awww .... Pls do not mention animals album in terms of supper context Pig awwww CrySmileHug
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 04:20
Considering we changed to travel moozik. This one beats it all inc. all the prelilipupupu's OMG this version is live and just too brilliant explosive aaaahhhh outstanding, from the fast bits to the stops to the gnack gnack gnack puh bits !!!! and the prelilulililiriririrlililipuh tak wheeeheeehiiimmm bits OMG this is too much gasmic orgasmic eargasmic brilliant!!!! xxxxxx Big smileClap whooohaaaaa hahahahaha... hahahaha!!! Clap AND THIS VID IS LIVE PEEPS - Al di Meola - Race with Devil on Spanish Highway  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGWfDkx4zyY
verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 10:07
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

and the prelilulililiriririrlililipuh tak wheeeheeehiiimmm bits OMG this is too much gasmic orgasmic eargasmic brilliant!!!! xxxxxx Big smileClap whooohaaaaa hahahahaha... hahahaha!!! Clapv=vGWfDkx4zyY 

Bidullibidullibee bidullibeetlubleelli bidullibidulli dullibeedulleeeeeeeee!!!! LOLLOLLOL

I love that era of Al. Jan Hammer doesn't appear in that clip (he usually is) but that other keyboardist does just fine. Also, don't blink, or you'll think the bassist switched to synth because the bassist and keyboardist look like twins, hahaha. Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456