Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed"Opus of a Machine" for Heavy Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Opus of a Machine" for Heavy Prog
    Posted: March 10 2015 at 20:44
I ve recently heard of this new band which is very similar in style to Caligula's Horse as it is a side project from one of their guitar player, Zac Greensill. 
It definitely has a prog sound and shares this special sound which caracterizes the Australian scene that grew a lot recently. 
They ve released their debut in the ends of 2014 and its called "Simulacra".

Edited by Garlop - March 11 2015 at 00:06
Time has no name and regret has no meaning
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2015 at 06:34
They were suggested for Prog Metal or Heavy Prog by alienshore back in November of last year: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=100387 - and despite a 'no' vote, another very hesitant 'yes' (after changing it at one point to 'not sure'), and an abstention (following another initial 'no' vote) - they were actually cleared for Prog Metal about a month ago: http://progfreak.com/Opus-of-a-Machine-160378.html?path=pa/recent.

Thanos commented in his original reply in the thread that there was "quite a lot of pop going on in this one", and I'm quite surprised that they have been cleared tbf, with only two of the five team members casting an unqualified outright 'yes' vote. PM team usually require virtually unanimous unequivocal approval from their members before they will clear an artist for inclusion here.

The album does have an Alternative Metal sound rather than a Prog Metal one in a good many places to my own ears, but overall I reckon the result is the right one...The Aussies do consistently nail this kind of stuff so damn well! Smile
Garlop View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2015 at 12:46
Oh ok thanks anyway!Thumbs Up 
I dont know why previously doing this post when I looked for them in the forum search nothing appeared hah.

Edited by Garlop - March 11 2015 at 12:47
Time has no name and regret has no meaning
 Post Reply Post Reply